Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-11-2021, 04:07 PM   #1
Sam Baughn

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and some other bits.
Default My blog. Taking suggestions for content people want to see.

I've started a blog of GURPS stuff. At the moment it's a pretty arbitrary collection of random content.

A couple of historically-inspired magical styles:
http://samuelbaughn.blogspot.com/202...e-dowsing.html
http://samuelbaughn.blogspot.com/202...eneficium.html
Probably going to do some more of these soon. Got most of the rules for storm-calling magic settled, just need to write up the background.

A couple of short, math-heavy posts about the formulas I use to calculate stats for firearms:
http://samuelbaughn.blogspot.com/202...for-gurps.html
http://samuelbaughn.blogspot.com/202...weight-of.html
I don't think it's likely that I will write any more of these.

A write up of some guns made with those formulas.
http://samuelbaughn.blogspot.com/202...blackhawk.html
Expect a bunch more of these very soon. Got several almost ready to go.

A racial template:
http://samuelbaughn.blogspot.com/202...-in-gurps.html
Probably going to do a few more like this, based on mythical races.

There's a bunch more stuff too.

Anyway, while I've got a lot of ideas for stuff to publish, I find it interesting and motivating to do requests as well, so if there's anything you want to see, just ask. As you can probably tell, I'm happy to do all kinds of stuff; templates, equipment, vehicles, styles, and monsters.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:21 AM   #2
Dr. Beckenstein

Default Re: My blog. Taking suggestions for content people want to see.

Bluntly speaking: I want adventures.

Last edited by Dr. Beckenstein; 05-12-2021 at 04:21 AM. Reason: typo
Dr. Beckenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 08:00 AM   #3
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Beckenstein View Post
Bluntly speaking: I want adventures.
Did you want:
  1. the one where you kick in monsters' doors to kill them and take their stuff
  2. the one where you psychodramatically explore the horrible angst caused by being way more powerful and attractive than the humans around you even though you're technically a monster
  3. the one steeped in historical detail about the Old West to make you feel like you're there
  4. the one where you shoot bandits and Indians and have fast-draw duels in town
  5. the one like the first two except there's undead and other supernatural stuff
  6. the three like the previous three except it's World War II
  7. the one steeped in historical detail about Victorian England, except that it's cooler because high tech that runs on gears plus airships
  8. the one like #4 except that it's aliens and space pirates
  9. the one like #3 except that it's sea pirates
  10. the one like #4 except that it's sea pirates and rapier duels
  11. the one like #3 except that it's steeped in fictional detail IN SPACE to discover to make you feel like you're where no man has gone before
  12. the one like #11 except that it's painstakingly researched accurate realistic details to make you feel like there's no where to go anyway unless you're oddly fond of M4 dwarf stars and man can't practically go even there anyway
  13. the one where it's the near future, where everything is dark and dystopian and personal technology, especially computers, is really cool
  14. the one where it's the near future, except AI and genetech really took off, so you can have psychodrama about the horrible angst caused by being way more powerful and attractive than the normal humans around you
  15. the one where you skip the angst and just enjoy being way more powerful and attractive than the normal humans around you, either saving them or just being supervillainous, as the case may be
  16. the one where everything got destroyed so you're happy to have anything left to play with at all
  17. the one where everything is going to be destroyed but you can't do anything about it because They are too powerful so you go insane and you're better off not knowing about it in the first place
  18. the one where everything is going to be secretly ruled (if not destroyed), but you actually can do something about Them
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 08:12 AM   #4
Dr. Beckenstein

In short: Yes.

Honestly, the game needs more adventures. Any adventure.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:45 AM   #5
Sam Baughn

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and some other bits.

Unfortunately, adventures are among the hardest things to write. They tend to be long and need a lot of thought to handle different groups' play-styles. I will see what I can do.
Old 05-13-2021, 12:47 PM   #6
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I want brilliance. I know its a tall order, but that's really what I'm looking for. It can be just about any content, as long as it makes me think "I haven't thought of that before" or "oh, that's a slick implementation", or "oh, that's mentally evocative!"

I'm also somewhat personally found of unique setting elements.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:12 PM   #7
Rolando

I would like sci-fi article.
Spaceships and vehicles builds (using the spaceships rules or just guesstimate will work)
Space opera, exploration sci-fi or horror sci-fi preferred.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:52 PM   #8
thalcos

Those of you looking for GURPS adventures, be sure to check out my blog dedicated to them! :-)

1shotadventures.com

This was inspired by all those times I bought an awesome 3E worldbook and then was sad to see no sample adventure included to try with my friends. 20 adventures across multiple genres... and still growing!
thalcos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blog, guns, magical styles