Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 04-15-2006, 12:55 PM   #41
tmedwards

Default Re: Updated / New Character Sheets

Here's another FlexSheet update. It's been sent to Melange for hosting on his site and is already available from Kyoya's site.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
FlexSheet, version 1.38 ChangeLog
  • Corrected the basic test in the ranged weapon section, to determine if an attack was a ranged attack or not, to use a check against "charreach" in addition to "rangemax"; this is because GCA doesn't remove an innate attack's range tags when it's given the melee attack modifier. With this correction, innate attacks with the melee attack modifier will not print under the ranged weapon section since they shouldn't.
  • Corrected the basic test in the melee weapon section, to determine if an attack was a melee attack or not, to use "charreach" instead of "reach"; this was missed back in the tag corrections of v1.33. With this correction, innate attacks with the melee attack modifier will now print under the melee weapon section as they should.
  • Corrected a misspelled variable in the melee weapon section.

GCA4 resources: GCA Repository, Phoenix (r66), GMCS (2.17), Bookish (r12)
tmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:01 AM   #42
tmedwards

Here's another FlexSheet update. It's been sent to Melange for hosting on his site and is already available from Kyoya's site.

FlexSheet, version 1.39 ChangeLog
  • Corrected a problem in the primary attributes block that would crash FlexSheet if the current character was missing one of the traits printed by that block.

Old 04-18-2006, 11:47 PM   #43
tmedwards

FlexSheet, version 1.40 ChangeLog
  • Corrected three inter-related and serious problems in the load-out section:
    • Corrected a problem where having a load-out name containing spaces would cause that load-out to be split on the spaces into n+1 load-outs, where n is the number of spaces (e.g. load-out "Melee Combat Gear" would become the load-outs: "Melee", "Combat", and "Gear").
    • Corrected a problem where a load-out whose name was a sub-string of another load-out's name would contain the other load-out's gear as well as its own (e.g. load-out "Combat" would also contain the gear from load-out "Non-Combat").
    • Corrected a problem where a phantom, non-named, load-out would be created; furthermore, this phantom load-out would then fall prey to the previously mentioned sub-string bug, thereby causing it to match against every other load-out and resulting in it containing all of the gear contained in those load-outs.
  • Adjusted the printing of the weight field in the load-out section slightly.
  • Corrected a problem where movement modes with a base score of zero, Tunneling for example, would not print in the movement section.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:10 PM   #44
Taellosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmedwards
Since we're talking about this.... Which column do you normally add the image section to on page 2? Do you just drop it into the same position as on page 1, column 2 top, or something else?
I didn't see this reply before, and just now noticed it. Sorry for the delay.

I normally just move it to make 2, but keep the same column position, mostly because if I try to put it in column 1, it causes other things to start overlapping each other, and I don't know enough about the way this stuff works to fix that problem. Its not really a problem, as I can move other sections around more easily, to keep the two columns mostly even, and allow the equipment list to start under them all.

Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
-Jeff Raskin
Taellosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:04 PM   #45
DreadDomain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadDomain Talking about the official Character Sheet
Armin,

When there is an overflow on the second page (of skills for example), would it be possible to have them in a box like it is done on the first page?

Thanks!
Quoting myself here. I see this hasn't been done yet. Was it forgotten or is it just quite hard to implement?
DreadDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:17 AM   #46
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadDomain
Quoting myself here. I see this hasn't been done yet. Was it forgotten or is it just quite hard to implement?
Neither. At least, I don't think it will particularly hard. I simply haven't taken the time to look at doing it yet.

Armin
Armin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:14 PM   #47
tmedwards

FlexSheet, version 1.41 ChangeLog
  • Fixed a problem in the load-out section where numeric strings were being used in mathematical operations, which would cause a crash when said numeric strings could not be automatically type-promoted into a real number (i.e. the old VBScript comma/period decimal separator bug). This fix includes a new option for those whose system uses a comma as the decimal separator instead of a period.
  • Readjusted the printing of the weight field in the load-out section.
  • Changed the way armor divisors display in the weapon tables to be slightly more compact.
  • Removed redundant code from the parry score column in the weapon tables.

Old 05-23-2006, 04:48 PM   #48
tmedwards

Announcing Phoenix, a GCA4 character print sheet. (Like you could have missed its massive development thread... LOL)

You can find the initial "release" version (1.00) on my GCA tools page. The TODO list is there as well, for those who may be interested in that sort of thing.

Cheers! :)

Old 06-21-2006, 08:42 AM   #49
tmedwards

Here's a Phoenix update. As always, it's available from my GCA tools page.

Phoenix, version 1.02 ChangeLog
  • Added a few more RTF printing tweaks.
  • Replaced one of the Block boxes under the Active Defenses block with a Dodge box. The Dodge box prints your unencumbered dodge score; as an option (default: yes), if you are encumbered, it will also print your current encumbered dodge score and your current encumbrance level. Additionally, like the Encumbrance block, if you choose to have it also print your current encumbered dodge score, it will note if your current load-out weight exceeds your extra-heavy encumbrance level.
  • Added the new Campaign Log block. It also comes with the following options:
    • Control whether or not the Campaign Log block prints (default: no).
    • Control whether or not an entry's Notes field prints (default: yes).
    • Sort the campaign log from newest to oldest or oldest to newest (default: newest to oldest).
    • Alternate entry shade color.
Cheers!

Old 06-21-2006, 08:44 AM   #50
Kitty_Of_Doom

Location: Klagenfurt,Austria; held captive by two well-trained tincan openers....

Thanks a lot!
Kitty_Of_Doom is offline   Reply With Quote