Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2021, 08:00 AM   #791
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll leave the extinguisher behind and head up to floor 9. Is there an escape route through the Star Drive Engine room, or will I need to truck on through to floor 4? I'm guessing the plans show a Star Drive Engine where there is supposed to be capacitors.
Hua picks an escape route, and sees a pair of security coming down a different hall. They are assaulting every corner carefully.



The map is right, I must have been looking at deck 16: the star drive engine room is over there, and the capacitors under it. That side of the engine room has a four corner passages across, two on deck 15 and two on deck 7. They have a tendency to be fairly high traffic, and in a permanently active area. Other than that, you need to go up to deck 4 or down to deck 19.


What route will be used?


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Well, I guess it will become evident tomorrow if 'Daymar' reports for work.


He is seeking to give Kivu the 'Pothi Treatment'
There are no issues... yet. The morning should be fun. Nijothu and Kivu work 2nd shift, which means they work at the same time as Pacifica and will wake up a few hours before Daymar's shift is over



The meeting will be in the morning for Daymar and Hua, during the off hours of Pacifica. We need to process Hua's escape first though.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 12:13 PM   #792
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The map is right, I must have been looking at deck 16: the star drive engine room is over there, and the capacitors under it. That side of the engine room has a four corner passages across, two on deck 15 and two on deck 7. They have a tendency to be fairly high traffic, and in a permanently active area. Other than that, you need to go up to deck 4 or down to deck 19.


What route will be used?
Well let's head on to deck 4, and loop back around to my hiding place on deck 5. Then back to get some rest.

Quote:
[539] 21-07-20 20:12:38 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
5 + 5 + 2 = 12 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:56 PM   #793
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
There are no issues... yet. The morning should be fun. Nijothu and Kivu work 2nd shift, which means they work at the same time as Pacifica and will wake up a few hours before Daymar's shift is over.

The meeting will be in the morning for Daymar and Hua, during the off hours of Pacifica. We need to process Hua's escape first though.
Daymar thanks Pothi for accompanying him, and says, "I know this is awkward, but it has to be done. We'll need to make the switch tomorrow during our shift - we'll have to slip away to collect Nijothu and have him take my place, then he'll go with you to finish off the shift and I'll stay with Kivu."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 09:59 AM   #794
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well let's head on to deck 4, and loop back around to my hiding place on deck 5. Then back to get some rest.
Hua has failed to replace the pills, but has made quite a stir on deck 15 and then escaped. lots of security descend into that little bottleneck of a space. Daymar hears them looking around, and they pop into the quarters to check if anyone is missing or if an extra person is there. Then they let them go back to sleep.



Hua sleeps the rest of the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar thanks Pothi for accompanying him, and says, "I know this is awkward, but it has to be done. We'll need to make the switch tomorrow during our shift - we'll have to slip away to collect Nijothu and have him take my place, then he'll go with you to finish off the shift and I'll stay with Kivu."
Pothi: "you can count on me! Just one question: does Nijothu actually know how to maintain Plasma emitters? He works on the main drive."


I think that brings us up to the meeting: it is the second hour of the first shift. Daymar and Hua are supposed to be helping out with the fixes in the hyperdrive room, but tasks are beginning to bog down... how will they get away from their work in that room for the meeting?


It has been 32 hours since the ship was to drop out of hyperspace. The depot was supposed to be in 27 hours, and daymar's section might still be locked down the next morning they get up.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 11:31 AM   #795
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Well if the forklifts were broken, transport would have to do something else, right? The forklifts are electric, right? Do the batteries charge really fast or do they just swap out the batteries with each shift? Would it be OK to shift back to the sleep shift a little to handle any possible sabotage?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 11:34 AM   #796
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) The meeting will be in the morning for Daymar and Hua, during the off hours of Pacifica (...)
Provided the situation allows it, Pacifica gets to the meeting, she will be waiting for her team.

Spoiler:  
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:06 PM   #797
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Pothi: "you can count on me! Just one question: does Nijothu actually know how to maintain Plasma emitters? He works on the main drive."
Daymar responds as reassuringly as he can, "Um...well, I'm sure he'll figure it out, and you can show him the ropes."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I think that brings us up to the meeting: it is the second hour of the first shift. Daymar and Hua are supposed to be helping out with the fixes in the hyperdrive room, but tasks are beginning to bog down... how will they get away from their work in that room for the meeting?
Daymar will use Suggestion on someone convenient to cause a accident and/or spill - tools and parts littering the floor, possibly mixed in with whatever chemicals are involved in their work, and in the confusion slip out for a 'bathroom break'.

[547] 21-07-21 20:05:26 CEST

Suggestion to cause an accident as a distraction

3d6 <= 16
2 + 6 + 6 = 14 ... success

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
It has been 32 hours since the ship was to drop out of hyperspace. The depot was supposed to be in 27 hours, and daymar's section might still be locked down the next morning they get up.
Do you mean 'since the ship dropped out of hyperspace?' We're out of hyperspace now, aren't we? And Daymar's section isn't locked down yet, right?
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:51 AM   #798
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well if the forklifts were broken, transport would have to do something else, right? The forklifts are electric, right? Do the batteries charge really fast or do they just swap out the batteries with each shift? Would it be OK to shift back to the sleep shift a little to handle any possible sabotage?
Lets go with heavy batteries that need to be swapped in and out about every four hours.

yes, doing stuff right before (including up to 8 hours before) the meeting is kosher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar responds as reassuringly as he can, "Um...well, I'm sure he'll figure it out, and you can show him the ropes."
LOL.

Quote:
Daymar will use Suggestion on someone convenient to cause a accident and/or spill - tools and parts littering the floor, possibly mixed in with whatever chemicals are involved in their work, and in the confusion slip out for a 'bathroom break'.
You mean like tipping over a tub of expensive lubricant being lifted by making a forklift operator grab the wrong lever?
done.

What a mess. Dripping all over the floor and through an open hatch. Don't get it on your clothes.

Quote:
Do you mean 'since the ship dropped out of hyperspace?' We're out of hyperspace now, aren't we? And Daymar's section isn't locked down yet, right?
Yes, that's what I meant. And your section is still nice and free. for now. You think... you're not actually sure if the lock-down will proceed on schedule.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:46 AM   #799
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Lets go with heavy batteries that need to be swapped in and out about every four hours.

yes, doing stuff right before (including up to 8 hours before) the meeting is kosher
OK. I guess the batteries get swapped around lunch-time and there are only two batteries. I'll wait until the previous shift swaps their discharged batteries out, then unplug the battery from the charger (are batteries assigned to particular forklifts? If not I guess I could just remember to take the uncharged battery). I'll try to estimate the unplugging time so the battery will go dead about halfway through. I guess this won't really work if there's an battery indicator on the forklift or the charger... Maybe I could tamper with the indicator before Thibi notices (as the forklift is out and about)?

So:
-> Stealth/Photorefraction to get to the chargers
-> Mechanic (Automobile) to have the battery reach the right charge level

Quote:
[548] 21-07-22 19:41:52 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
4 + 1 + 4 = 9 ... success
[549] 21-07-22 19:42:08 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
3 + 5 + 1 = 9 ... success
[550] 21-07-22 19:44:30 CEST
Mechanic
3d6 <= 13
4 + 1 + 6 = 11 ... success
Will wait in case there's something else I should do to make this work.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 07:19 AM   #800
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Hua is able to tamper with the battery and forklift she plans to use the next day. Its battery is running low at the right moment...
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.