Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 08-13-2018, 07:27 PM   #281
kbs666

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

I really wish that Kickstarter would enable simply choosing add-ons as part of the pledge. Add-ons are very common now.
kbs666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:41 PM   #282
JLV

I don't think Kickstarter set up their software that way, but it's a good idea for "Kickstarter 2.0"! ;-)

The good news is that today is turning out to be a pretty good day after yesterday's somewhat low day...

Last edited by JLV; 08-13-2018 at 09:17 PM.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:42 PM   #283
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Um. Wow:

Quote:
The Fantasy Trip To Open To Creators in 2019 Via Limited Publishing License

In 2019, the world of Cidri, the official setting for Steve Jackson's The Fantasy Trip roleplaying game, expands as everyone is invited to contribute adventures (solo and game mastered), area writeup and history, monsters, characters, treasure, and more to the game.

In celebration and support of the return of The Fantasy Trip, Steve Jackson Games will release a limited publishing agreement for the game in 2019.

Under the terms of the license, writers and illustrators will be able to create original PDFs for sale on Warehouse 23, the Steve Jackson Games web store, and earn royalties for the sale of those works. All PDFs offered for sale under this agreement will have the right to use the world of Cidri and the TFT game mechanics, all under an official "Compatible with The Fantasy Trip" logo.

The limited publishing license will provide fans of The Fantasy Trip with more support than Steve Jackson Games alone can manage, as well as offering creators an opportunity to showcase their talents and transform their ideas into official PDFs.

Please watch thefantasytrip.game for more information on the upcoming TFT Limited Publishing Agreement.
This is crazy awesome for the TFT, and the GURPS/DFRPG lover that I am is a wee bit envious. But a bold step.
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:10 PM   #284
tomc

Are these offerings going to be "curated" or will anything that passes basic decency standards be eligible?

Freedom of Speech is not Freedom of Podium
tomc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:38 AM   #285
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc View Post
Are these offerings going to be "curated" or will anything that passes basic decency standards be eligible?
We will not handle the editing/production of any titles released under this license. The creators are responsible for their work.

If someone produces material that does not follow the written agreement, the PDF will not be published and their signed agreement will be terminated.

We will have more info when the license is released.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:56 AM   #286
larsdangly

This is pretty terrific. The over-committed nerd in me is already strategizing as to how I can get my 40 years of campaign notes into presentable form...

More seriously, this could be a great way to nucleate a sort of Fantasy Trip focused branch of the OSR, which is where most of the interesting creative new material for D+D has come from. Some people will try to use it as a way to make a little money, and some will just treat it as an avenue for sharing the fruits of their hobby, but recent gaming history suggests whatever rises to the top will be pretty good!
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:38 PM   #287
kbs666

A lot of good stuff will get produced. A lot of mediocre stuff will get produced. Assuming reviews and/or a rating system is put in place the good producers will quickly get identified. They'll make a little money, or even a living if that turns into freelance gigs in the industry. The rest won't.
kbs666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:03 AM   #288
zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
A lot of good stuff will get produced. A lot of mediocre stuff will get produced. Assuming reviews and/or a rating system is put in place the good producers will quickly get identified. They'll make a little money, or even a living if that turns into freelance gigs in the industry. The rest won't.
Yes, I didn't see a rating system in Warehouse 23 -- there needs to be something somewhere, even if it's not on Warehouse 23.
zot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:26 AM   #289
Chris Rice

I'm sure any new products would attract substantial attention on these forums ;)
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:39 AM   #290
DarkPumpkin

New stretch goal - the Death Tests to be boxed (together). Just gets better and better!
DarkPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote