Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #31
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Reign of Steel is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffr0 View Post
Try selling your plasma if that's not enough.
Hard to contain without proper magnetic fields.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:54 PM   #32
Lord Carnifex

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Hard to contain without proper magnetic fields.
That's what I do. I'll give you the plasma free, but charge for the magnetic bottling.

At premium, you get the anti-gravity bottling instead...

"To an Irishman, a serious matter is a joke, and a joke is a serious matter."
Lord Carnifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #33
Lord Carnifex

More seriously, is there any chance we might see a PDF of the original 3e RoS and the new update packaged (electronically) together? Maybe with some sort of package discount? I might be interested in the update, but I never got around to buying a copy of the original.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #34
Steven Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Carnifex View Post
More seriously, is there any chance we might see a PDF of the original 3e RoS and the new update packaged (electronically) together? Maybe with some sort of package discount? I might be interested in the update, but I never got around to buying a copy of the original.
If we package them, it would only be as a convenience bundle (similar to the Basic Set bundle). There wouldn't be any savings. However, even that's a bit tricky, so I'd prefer to not do so right now.
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #35
Langy

Yeah - e23 doesn't package stuff at a discount (or provide discounts or sales at all for anything, as far as I can tell). It's nearly one of their Big Rules, I suppose.

You can still just buy Reign of Steel for 3e from e23, though. If I remember correctly, the PDF is pretty nice (saw it a while ago, but haven't bought it yet - still need to, though, to replace my deceased dead-tree version).

Anyways, after buying this supplement I'm really in the mood for a Reign of Steel campaign. Too bad I don't know anyone planning one, and I want to *play* in it, not GM it:/
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #36
Lord Carnifex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
If we package them, it would only be as a convenience bundle (similar to the Basic Set bundle). There wouldn't be any savings. However, even that's a bit tricky, so I'd prefer to not do so right now.
Fair enough.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:30 AM   #37
RogerBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
You can still just buy Reign of Steel for 3e from e23, though. If I remember correctly, the PDF is pretty nice (saw it a while ago, but haven't bought it yet - still need to, though, to replace my deceased dead-tree version).
There's one particularly nifty thing about the Reign of Steel PDF: the images are bitmaps as usual, but most of the image labels are encoded as text. This means that if you run an extraction tool such as pdfimages on one of the maps (e.g. the slave camp layout), you end up with a nice, high-resolution, unlabelled image that you can print out and put on the table.
RogerBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #38
Anders

Now all we need is to drop the Monster Hunters into this setting...
Old 09-03-2011, 07:51 AM   #39
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
Yeah - e23 doesn't package stuff at a discount (or provide discounts or sales at all for anything, as far as I can tell). It's nearly one of their Big Rules, I suppose.

Anyways, after buying this supplement I'm really in the mood for a Reign of Steel campaign. Too bad I don't know anyone planning one, and I want to *play* in it, not GM it:/
You can still get the dead tree at w23. Help SJG get rid of the excess inventory that is causing them storage fees ;)
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #40
droid17

Location: technicaly inside Caracas zonemind and very near the border between Caracas and Mexico zone

i will defently buy this cool pdf in Sept 17(my birthday) and once again millions of thanks for Roger and David Pulver and also for the vignette too!!!

"Human sexuality is a kind of distortion field that keeps us from seeing reality and logic clearly" -anonymus.
droid17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
post apocalyptic, sci fi