Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-17-2022, 10:38 AM   #1
The_Ryujin

Default Found something cool in the GCS but can't find where it's from

Hey guys

I've been messing around with the the GURPS Character Sheet program (which is great by the way if you haven't heard of it already, also has full integration in the nose66's GURPS module for Foundry) and found something in the Library Explorer called Pyramid Magazine Equipment that contains a list of cyperpunk style computers and hacking programs very similar to the stuff from Console Cowboys and Cyberspace Kung Fu in Pyramid 3/21. There's no page reference to what issue it could of been from.

Now was there some follow up to that article I never found out about or (more likely) is this someone's fan content? If either case, it would be awesome if someone knew were I could find the original content since this kind of stuff is in my area of interests and the files don't explain what the programs do in game. I tried a google search but nothing.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 11:12 AM   #2
mehrkat

Default Re: Found something cool in the GCS but can't find where it's from

somebody did a pyramid volume 3 table of contents. You might try looking for that list.

Really quickly I can tell you volume 3 has the following potential issues by title (i cast the net a little broad but hopefully it will narrow your search if no one knows where the table of contents is).

Pyramid #3/12: Tech and Toys
Pyramid #3/15 Transhuman Space
Pyramid #3/21: Cyberpunk
Pyramid #3/24 Bio-Tech
Pyramid #3/37: Tech and Toys II
Pyramid #3/46: Weird Science
Pyramid #3/51 Tech and Toys III
Pyramid #3/62: Transhuman Space II
Pyramid #3/85 Cutting Edge
Pyramid #3/96: Tech and Toys IV
Pyramid # 3/115 Technomancer

And yes GCS is the bees knees. I use it constantly and its connection to the Foundry unofficial GURPS "system" on Foundry has made it even more awesome.
Old 06-17-2022, 04:12 PM   #3
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrkat View Post
somebody did a pyramid volume 3 table of contents. You might try looking for that list.

Really quickly I can tell you volume 3 has the following potential issues by title (i cast the net a little broad but hopefully it will narrow your search if no one knows where the table of contents is).

Pyramid #3/12: Tech and Toys
Pyramid #3/15 Transhuman Space
Pyramid #3/21: Cyberpunk
Pyramid #3/24 Bio-Tech
Pyramid #3/37: Tech and Toys II
Pyramid #3/46: Weird Science
Pyramid #3/51 Tech and Toys III
Pyramid #3/62: Transhuman Space II
Pyramid #3/85 Cutting Edge
Pyramid #3/96: Tech and Toys IV
Pyramid # 3/115 Technomancer

And yes GCS is the bees knees. I use it constantly and its connection to the Foundry unofficial GURPS "system" on Foundry has made it even more awesome.
Thanks man, I'll check when I get home from work.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
Old 06-17-2022, 05:05 PM   #4
Celjabba

It does look like some fan content, couldn't find it in Pyramid 3 by doing a PDF search.
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 06:46 PM   #5
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
It does look like some fan content, couldn't find it in Pyramid 3 by doing a PDF search.
Thanks for checking. I had time to comb through the pdfs I have on hand and I couldn't find anything either.

Sadly google isn't being any help here but I've notice that google has gotten really bad at finding smaller sites unless you already know what you're looking for... funny how it sees to only find bigger sites these days...

I also posted a question in the GCS section of the GURPS discord but it got passed up pretty quickly. Dang, this is going to be anything racking at the back of my brain to I figure it out. Bad enough I have enough things at my job I'm trying unravel so I can figure out how they got so messed up without anyone noticing and fix them already racking me head meats >.<

Old 06-18-2022, 02:27 AM   #6
Celjabba

Looking at the GCS library Github, there is a note saying that when they restructured the library,
they moved under that heading all the equipment entries sorted under Pyramid that did not have a specific pyramid issue referenced.

You would need to find and ask whomever did the initial data entry way back in GCS history...
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cyberpunk, fan content, gcs