Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-08-2015, 05:15 PM   #1
scc

Default [DF/Fantasy] Seting: Scattered Lands

OK, this setting/campaign idea was originally thought up for D&D 3.5e, so it leans heavily on material for that, and I'll be converting/adopting material from splat books that catches my eye.

So, there's a Prime Material Plane, that wording kinda implies that there's MORE THEN ONE Material Plane and the Scattered Lands are one of these other ones. 500 years ago a bunch of naturally occurring portals opened between the Homelands and the Scattered Lands and people surged through, 200 years ago the portals closed and they haven't re-opened yet, and not for lack of trying.

Now this set up has some important consequences:
Elven kingdoms are ... on the plains
Dwarven clans are ... beneath the Elves forsets
Desert cultures are ... spread across island chains

And so on, no ones where they're supposed to be.

Now the closure of the portals had other consequences, trade routes dried up but the biggest loss was in the area of magic: Contact was lost with ALL the gods and new ones are only just being found, so Clerics and Holy Warriors won't be core classess. Additionally POWERFUL wizards and enchanters are RARE, I'm planning on adopting the Iron Kingdoms Mechanika rules for most magic items.

This actually explains why people delve, those magic items you're bringing up probably can't be made anymore. Selection might be less then ideal and it can't be enhanced with Mech stuff, but it might be the only way to get it. In fact it IS for Healing Potions and the like.

I'm probably going to have to re-write the all the spells to get a lean list where I want.
scc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fanasy, dungeons and dragons 3.5, fantasy