Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 08-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
karvermimic

Default Charity. Discard or Give?

I'm a bit confused at the "Charity" part of your turn.

The rules say that if you have more than 5 card at the end of your turn, you have to give (Im sorry I forget exactly, Im at work at the moment...) a card or your remaining cards to the lowest level player...
But what stops me from just discarding my extras at any part of my turn, or am I not allowed to discard any card from my hand whenever I want, I must use them in play?
karvermimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #2
Nerftw

Default Re: Charity. Discard or Give?

Ignore my post, I didn't realize I was in the Munchkin Quest forum, not Munchkin.

My apologies.
Nerftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
SithMasterZaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by karvermimic View Post
I'm a bit confused at the "Charity" part of your turn.

The rules say that if you have more than 5 card at the end of your turn, you have to give (Im sorry I forget exactly, Im at work at the moment...) a card or your remaining cards to the lowest level player...
But what stops me from just discarding my extras at any part of my turn, or am I not allowed to discard any card from my hand whenever I want, I must use them in play?
You're not allowed to just discard cards from your hand whenever you feel... you have to put them in play! Once cards are in your hand they're pretty much stuck there until you play them! So what I always do when it comes to the end of my turn and I have to give away charity... I play any curses I might have so I don't have to give those or any other cards away! If you don't have any classes or races already played you can basically just discard those (cause you would lay them down and then discard them immediately). Also... remember your belt can hold unlimited scrolls/potions. You also have unlimited space for Thingies and Shinies. You can also hold two items in your pack. Usually the only thing left in your hand tends to be DxM cards... try to play as many as you need, to get down to five cards!
Old 08-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #4
SithMasterZaid

Also... if you want to play nice... you can curse other players with curses that won't affect them... just to get rid of that curse card!

You can also trade in items and gold for a level... as long as it equals at least 1,000 gold! But you don't get change back for items if you go over 1,000... you only get change when dealing with gold! Or you could trade/sell/make a deal with another player as long as they're in your room or an adjacent room that isn't blocked by a wall, in order to rid yourself of some cards!
Old 08-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
MunchkinMan

The rules stop you. You're not allowed to just discard cards from your hand whenever you want. If that were the case, there would be no point to charity. If you have extra slot Items in your pack, you may drop them in the room you are in or trade them (and other Items you have in play) with a player who is nearby, giving you the opportunity to put two more extra Items in your pack (or even other cards down, too), but you can't just drop Item cards from your hand. If you have curses you wish to play, you may play them, if you have a Class or Race you want to play, play it (remembering you can only have one Class and one Race, normally, so you might have to discard your current Race or Class to do it), and if you have enough gold and Items to buy a Level, you can do that (as long as you're not Level 9), but you have to get your hand down to below 5 cards legally, or you must give the excess to the lowest Level player(s). Not just one card, but the entire excess. For example, if you have 3 extra cards you can't deal with legally, you have to give them to the lowest Level player. If you are the lowest Level (or tied), you must discard the cards. If you are not lowest Level, but one player is, you must give all 3 cards to him. If you are not lowest Level, but there are 2 or more players who are, you must give all 3 cards to them in whatever amount you decide as long as you try your best to divide evenly.
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 08-06-2010 at 03:04 PM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #6
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithMasterZaid View Post
Also... if you want to play nice... you can curse other players with curses that won't affect them... just to get rid of that curse card!

You can also trade in items and gold for a level... as long as it equals at least 1,000 gold! But you don't get change back for items if you go over 1,000... you only get change when dealing with gold! Or you could trade/sell/make a deal with another player as long as they're in your room or an adjacent room that isn't blocked by a wall, in order to rid yourself of some cards!
You can't trade cards with other players. You can trade Items in play. Be careful how you word stuff like that.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #7
karvermimic

Okay, awesome. Thx again
karvermimic is offline   Reply With Quote