Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 07-28-2010, 06:15 AM   #1
Andy-W

Default Escaping through special doors

I have a question concerning fleeing after a fight:

In our first attempt to play the game we had one player use all of his movement points to explore a new room behind a secret door (we took it this is possible). As by the rules in the new room there appeared a monster which was much too strong for the player...he lost the fight and had to flee.

Our question: Is this one of the rare cases in which it is not possible to flee?
We were a little bit torn between...
1. it's a secret door that the player was only able to go through by spending all of his movement points --> exiting takes same amount of movement points

and

2. fleeing does not cost any movement points, so fleeing through secret door is possible

We figured the latter would make more sense. (Just asking to make sure.)

BUT, since we later had another situation (actually two), let me expand the question (still same topic):

3. Player uses up all movement to explore new room that was locked -> turns out to be "room of mirrors" (player cannot use secret doors without extra costs)...

- could he still flee from a fight in that room?

4. Player uses up all movement to explore new room that had a secret door -> turns out to be "locked room" (player cannot use locked doors without extra costs)...

- could he still flee from a fight in that room?

So far, I just assume that in all cases the answer is "Yes".
Would be nice if you could confirm.

If I assume correctly, then atm (without any expansions) the only cases in which one could be stuck in a room so that one cannot flee without the use of a teleportation or similar card is if one gets into a room through a wall or if the "bermuda triangle" card is played on one's previous room after one enters a new unexplored room. Correct? (Mean use of the bermuda card!)

(I only have the German version of the game, so I assume the rooms I refered to are called "Room of Mirrors" and "Locked Room". If they have different names in English...you know which ones I mean, I hope.)
Andy-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Escaping through special doors

The rules are pretty clear about this issue, at least in the English version. They say to pick an adjacent room to flee to and that Running Away costs no Move, so as long as you're not trying to run through a wall (rooms with a wall link between them are not adjacent), it doesn't matter if the link takes 50 Move to go through and you used your last Move to get into the room you are in now, you can run through that link.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doorway, escape, locked, secret, special