Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-11-2024, 01:50 PM   #321
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Anoras had thought about advising Cassandra not to talk about the goats. But Anoras thought mentioning the goats might make it even more likely that Cassandra might say something about them.

Then Anoras (and I as the player) thought about what might happen if Cassandra did mention them. It might come to something like the Venasir being upset with Cassandra about the goats--but then quickly realizing Cassandra willingly put her life at risk to warn them of an impending attack? And to help defend them?

OOC: I actually had goats. If someone came to me, admitted they'd taken one of my goats--and then warned me that someone was trying to kill me and they were willing to risk their own life to help save mine? At that point, I wouldn't give a **** about losing a goat....My hope is the Venasir will react the same.
Pyramid #4/4: Fantasy/Magic II! Add Sparkle To Your GURPS Game.
Top 12 Clues You're a Role-Playing Old-Timer My humorous (I hope) article that also promotes SJGames/GURPS
GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves My first GURPS supplement

Last edited by Alden Loveshade; 06-11-2024 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Hope
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 01:45 PM   #322
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Thanks" The woman says in her halting Haunden.

"How many?"

"Who are wings, fireball, stripes?"

Cassandra is taken to the fortress that contained her life-long foes, without weapons, to be questioned. She is at least not bound.

A horn is blown, and the castle stirs with activity. She is brought to the great hall and told "Sit".

OCC: Ah, yes, the "You can trust me because I'm dumb and giving things away on accident" ploy.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 02:26 PM   #323
Kalzazz

"Uh, like 3 archers and say 5 warriors and 5 skeletons, something like that? I'm pretty sure I got a couple of them"

"Fireball is surely the Sorcerer who threw fireballs. Maybe Wings is the other one? He controlled a bird that attacked me and tried to spy according to Anoras. I don't know anything about Stripes."

She looks around with interest thinking this is amazing to be in the vulnerable underbelly of the enemy. Oh. But not having weapons makes it harder.

She sits down as directed
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 07:41 AM   #324
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
....Anoras will check on her patients. (She'll check all of them, but wants to be close to Thad when he shows signs he might wake up. That way she can "try to convince him to tell her the 'secret plans'.")
OOC: I really hope Thad's player returns, but right now I don't know where we are with this.
Top 12 Clues You're a Role-Playing Old-Timer My humorous (I hope) article that also promotes SJGames/GURPS
Old 06-13-2024, 07:51 AM   #325
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Thad dies that night. (rolled a 15... I'm kind of shocked). Fireball reanimates him, and he towers over the other skeletons. Wings and Fireball seem giddy with glee about this new monster.

Two warriors and two skeletons arrive in camp late at night, accompanied by a raven. One of the warriors reports to Busan and the scorcerors. "Stripes is angry you have wasted his resources, but the losses are acceptable for now."

Wings: "We should have sent Fireball with the prisoners and kept stripes here. But I shall conquer my share."

Cassandra sits in the hall for some time. Finally, a warrior comes with a woman. The woman says "Cassandra, I am Taundi. I am a Haunden who lives near Holidor*. I will be your interpretor. This is Captain Serin. He says they have not been attacked yet: when will the attack come?"

"He also wants to know why you are warning us, and how you became injured."

*That is to say, a traitor who lives like a Venasir and accept their theft of the land.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-13-2024, 08:16 AM   #326
Kalzazz

Cassandra is happy to no longer be left alone, though less happy about a traitor

"Well, soon I think! You can't keep a force in the field a long time, an army is like a shark it moves or it dies!" Not that Cassandra has ever seen a shark

She will try to use her Soldier skill to give a better estimate

"Because we don't like them even more than we don't like you because they just wrecked our village and kidnapped our folks to sacrifice. And uh, well, actually it's really embarrassing, uh, so I kinda failed to kill them and Thad got wrecked and I couldn't actually solo them without Thad, so I kinda sorta you see got shot up making, an, Uhm, tactical withdrawal? I mean I am totally a better archer, but 3 on 1 when they also had some kind of bird or something is hard"
Old 06-13-2024, 08:34 AM   #327
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Thad dies that night. (rolled a 15... I'm kind of shocked). Fireball reanimates him, and he towers over the other skeletons. Wings and Fireball seem giddy with glee about this new monster.
(Anoras losing it, yelling at no one in particular): "What have you (expletive) done to my patient?! He should have recovered but you killed him to turn him into a monster?! What kind of (expletive) monsters are you?! Will you do this to all my patients?! Will you kill them all and turn them into monsters too?!"

OOC: My earlier plan, before Anoras lost it, was this:

As Anoras is both a warrior and a trained medic (First Aid), she won't act overly emotional about the loss--but will quietly mourn in her own way.

(Anoras speaking quietly) "I have lost a patient."
Old 06-14-2024, 08:04 AM   #328
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Cassandra is happy to no longer be left alone, though less happy about a traitor

"Well, soon I think! You can't keep a force in the field a long time, an army is like a shark it moves or it dies!" Not that Cassandra has ever seen a shark

She will try to use her Soldier skill to give a better estimate
Her soldier skill of 8? Rolling in secret...Cassandra thinks they should certainly attack by tonight.

Quote:
"Because we don't like them even more than we don't like you because they just wrecked our village and kidnapped our folks to sacrifice. And uh, well, actually it's really embarrassing, uh, so I kinda failed to kill them and Thad got wrecked and I couldn't actually solo them without Thad, so I kinda sorta you see got shot up making, an, Uhm, tactical withdrawal? I mean I am totally a better archer, but 3 on 1 when they also had some kind of bird or something is hard"
At the mention of sacrifice, they look at each other meaningfully, and the captain yells something out of the room. "Why do you think that this is for sacrifice?"

A short while later, ShadowMask arrives. ShadowMask isn't his real name, its what you call the Scorceror who lives in Holidor. This is the monster who killed half your tribe, the most prominent Venasir in all the tales of after the war. He can fling fire, visit dreams, strengthen warriors, craft monsters, lay cursed traps, stun you with a glance, and is supernaturally tough.

Shadowmask speaks a little Haunden with a thick accent. "How many Scorcerors? Who be they?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
(Anoras losing it, yelling at no one in particular): "What have you (expletive) done to my patient?! He should have recovered but you killed him to turn him into a monster?! What kind of (expletive) monsters are you?! Will you do this to all my patients?! Will you kill them all and turn them into monsters too?!"
Fireball: "Calm down woman. He died in the night. It seems you lost him and did not even notice. And yes, I will do this to everyone we kill. And call us that again and I'll have wings put you in pain until we need you."

"He's a fine specimen. What a warrior."

Last edited by ericthered; 06-14-2024 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-14-2024, 10:13 AM   #329
Kalzazz

"They kidnapped people that wouldn't make good slaves and had Scorcerors and are like sacrifice sights around."

"They should attack by tonight!" ((This does not line up with Anoras' note))

Cassandra flinches as she sees ShadowMask, ShadowMask is very not cool. Didn't Anoras say these were good Venasir? Anoras must have been confused.

"Fireball, Wings and Stripes. I didn't see Stripes. I did see Fireball and Wings" she describes them, well, the concealing masked outfits they were wearing. "Fireball well, threw fireballs. Wings I didn't see do anything, but Anoras said he controlled a bird, and I was attacked by a bird. I don't know anything about Stripes that came from Anoras."
Old 06-14-2024, 10:25 AM   #330
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
...Anoras must have been confused....
See my latest post at https://forums.sjgames.com/showpost....&postcount=177