Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2024, 09:35 PM   #211
Alden Loveshade
 
Alden Loveshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hmm, looks like Earth, circa CE 2020+
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Anoras is 26 seconds away.
She'll continue to move. (I don't know if she knows what's going on with Thad and Cassandra.)
__________________
Pyramid #4/4: Fantasy/Magic II! Add Sparkle To Your GURPS Game.
Top 12 Clues You're a Role-Playing Old-Timer My humorous (I hope) article that also promotes SJGames/GURPS
GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves My first GURPS supplement
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 09:41 AM   #212
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Cassandra turns and runs as fast as she can. At 8/yards per sec, it will take her 12 seconds to reach the safety of the trees. (4 of those have already passed)

The archers fire after cassandra as she flees.

Archer #3 skill-6 vs 12... failure (second 5)
archer #3 quick draw vs 16 ... failure (fast -draw is 15)
Archer #2 skill -7 vs 9 ... failure (second 7)
Archer #2 fast draw vs 12 ... success
Archer #1 skill -7 vs 12 ... failure (second 7)
Archer #2 fast draw vs 7 ... success
Bird attack to skull from behind capped at 9 vs 11 ... miss.

Archer #3 skill -7 vs 7 ... success (second 11)
hit location 5... face... I think this gets turned into a skull hit from behind?
6 Impaling to the skull.... I think that means a single point of damage gets through the 1DR cloth cap, the 2 DR leather helmet, and 2 DR skull. That's an automatic knockdown check.
Archer #2 skill -7 vs 7 ... exact hit. skill is 14.
Random location... 11. Groin Hit.
7 damage. Ouch. I think that's vs. 4 DR.
Archer #3 skill -7 vs 12... miss.

They got kind of lucky there at the end... I look forward to Cassandra's response. Her High HP may pack off here. She is by her pack on a stick.

The warriors pull back and watch Thad from the cover of the trees, along with the skeletons, sorcerers, and archers.

Anoras is now 18 seconds away, almost to her target (I think she'll have the floor pretty darn soon). She can see that Thad is down and Cassandra is running away.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 10:05 AM   #213
Kalzazz
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

12 damage on her total as the groin only has 3 DR and is x2, and the 1 damage to skull is x4

Not enough to slow her yet. She tries to keep going if she makes the HT save on the skull hit
Kalzazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 09:39 AM   #214
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
12 damage on her total as the groin only has 3 DR and is x2, and the 1 damage to skull is x4

Not enough to slow her yet. She tries to keep going if she makes the HT save on the skull hit

HP 20 and HT 14 carry the day! Cassandra rolls a 12, stays up, and makes it to the safety of the woods with her full speed intact!


What is her next course of action?


Unless she starts a big interaction, we then see what Anoras finds... and probably what happens to Thad as well.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 10:04 AM   #215
Kalzazz
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

She will just hang out in the trees then
Kalzazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 08:27 AM   #216
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Will she get her pack?

Cassandra hides in the forest. She doesn't have stealth, but at 200 yards and with cover, she probably doesn't need it (-12 to spot, and negate the +10 for being in plain sight)

wow, I've never seen Perception 8 matter this much.

The Enemy moves to their forest and seems to just wait.

Thad lies unconscious in the open ground between them.

Anoras reaches her destination behind the enemy. She finds the forest trail they were using, but there is no sign of any prisoners... including on the trail: the most recent footprints are all the boots of warriors or the naked bones of skeletons
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 09:33 AM   #217
Kalzazz
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

She will try to do so yes
Kalzazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 10:28 AM   #218
Alden Loveshade
 
Alden Loveshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hmm, looks like Earth, circa CE 2020+
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
....Anoras reaches her destination behind the enemy. She finds the forest trail they were using, but there is no sign of any prisoners... including on the trail: the most recent footprints are all the boots of warriors or the naked bones of skeletons
Anoras is surprised; this is not what she expected. She now wonders if our group attacked the wrong enemy group (a group without prisoners). This is a mystery to investigate.

But for what Anoras will do next, I'm thinking about this:

"Cultural Familiarity....In fantasy worlds, the GM might wish to have one culture per race...." (GURPS Basic 4th p. 23). As this is a one-shot, I figured that would apply for Haunden and Venasir, especially as we're practically "next-door neighbors." I purposely "overspent" to buy Cultural Familiarity: Venasir so that Anoras would know even tiny details of the Venasir. And she has their language for both spoken and written at Native level. And she has Fast Talk. And she has a high IQ. My thinking is she could pass for a native Venasir better than some Venasirs! (Or Venasirians. However you'd say it--Anoras would know.) ericthered, as you're the GM who of course makes all final decisions in this game, do you agree?
__________________
Pyramid #4/4: Fantasy/Magic II! Add Sparkle To Your GURPS Game.
Top 12 Clues You're a Role-Playing Old-Timer My humorous (I hope) article that also promotes SJGames/GURPS
GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves My first GURPS supplement
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 09:56 AM   #219
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
But for what Anoras will do next, I'm thinking about this:

"Cultural Familiarity....In fantasy worlds, the GM might wish to have one culture per race...." (GURPS Basic 4th p. 23). As this is a one-shot, I figured that would apply for Haunden and Venasir, especially as we're practically "next-door neighbors." I purposely "overspent" to buy Cultural Familiarity: Venasir so that Anoras would know even tiny details of the Venasir. And she has their language for both spoken and written at Native level. And she has Fast Talk. And she has a high IQ. My thinking is she could pass for a native Venasir better than some Venasirs! (Or Venasirians. However you'd say it--Anoras would know.) ericthered, as you're the GM who of course makes all final decisions in this game, do you agree?
Yes, Anoras can pass for a native... presuming she has the right clothing and accessories, and as you've clearly indicated multiple times in the past that this is an option you've , I'd assume she has this ready. Its just minor style stuff.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 11:52 AM   #220
Alden Loveshade
 
Alden Loveshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hmm, looks like Earth, circa CE 2020+
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yes, Anoras can pass for a native... presuming she has the right clothing and accessories, and as you've clearly indicated multiple times in the past that this is an option you've , I'd assume she has this ready. Its just minor style stuff.
Thanks! I wanted to be certain I was thinking right. Anoras will prepare for her entrance.... (As will I--adjusting my plans to fit the circumstances.)
__________________
Pyramid #4/4: Fantasy/Magic II! Add Sparkle To Your GURPS Game.
Top 12 Clues You're a Role-Playing Old-Timer My humorous (I hope) article that also promotes SJGames/GURPS
GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves My first GURPS supplement
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.