Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2021, 11:43 AM   #781
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua sneaks down to Daymar's new target mess (Nijothu) during the Night. The mess is near Daymar's. Hua is fiddling with the lock, trying to get it open, when someone points and shouts "Theif! Sabatour! Dreadstormer!"


Hua is in block E on level 15 of the ship: not the best spot for running: The only way out is up or down: missile bays block the port and starboard bulkheads, capacitors the fore escape, and the ship's rocket the aft.



Hua thought she was invisible, but she must be just enough for someone to notice, and she must have chosen the wrong window to pick the lock and taken too long.



There are two people in the hall, but the mess hall will be completely full, and one of the nearby sleeping quarters is full. This being the Motive section, and near Daymar's suspicious section, there will almost certainly be four security guards nearby.
OK:
-> Is there oil around? Are the grills more like electric or gas (i.e. how fast would they heat up)?
-> Where's the person who spotted me? Do I know if they can make an ID or not?
-> If I could loop around to the other side, would there be somewhere to hide in the storage area?
-> Would it be possible to reattempt photorefraction?
-> Is Daymar's section up or down?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 03:03 PM   #782
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar is in the engine room today, because that's where the problem is. He's an extra hand there, but he's an extra hand who knows what he's doing, unlike all the transportation people driving forklifts around trying to help reseat the spinning portion of the drive and bringing in more fluid. He thinks he sees Hua at one point.

Daymar is able to give a slight spin to one of the suspended pieces at one point, right in time for a forklift to run into it. He's gone by the time the disaster happens, and it will set the whole recovery operation back by 36 hours.

Quote:
Following his shift, he will try to locate Nijothu. Do you want a skill roll to do so, and if so, which one?
Nijothu is working during Daymar's evening... in the hyperspace engine room, where you have been all day. He will be very easy to find, you know the exact spot he'll be. What do you tell Pothi?
Daymar tells Pothi, "My friend, I've been asked to go undercover in another section to help flush our Dreadstormers. We need to go meet the person who is going to take my place here; once the switch happens, you must refer to him by my name, and treat him as you would me, so that the saboteurs don't catch on about the swap. I know it will be a challenge, but will you do this for me?"
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 06:29 PM   #783
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

OOC: At this time Pacifica is sleeping, right? How much time until the team's meeting?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 08:03 AM   #784
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK:
There is a bottle of cool cooking oil in a cabinet above a stove. The stoves are electric, and there are quite a few of them. They will heat up much more quickly than modern stoves though.


The person who spotted you is a solitary cook checking on the kitchen. She will not be able to identify you: you're blurred out, though not invisible.

Storage area... You could try and hide in the rocket maintaince area adjacent to the block. That will only work if your photorefraction is up. Here is a map of the deck, you're in the enclosed section in the middle.

Daymar is one deck below, on deck 16. He should be asleep, I believe.

Yes, you can reroll photorefraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar tells Pothi, "My friend, I've been asked to go undercover in another section to help flush our Dreadstormers. We need to go meet the person who is going to take my place here; once the switch happens, you must refer to him by my name, and treat him as you would me, so that the saboteurs don't catch on about the swap. I know it will be a challenge, but will you do this for me?"
Pothi nods solemnly, and they go to Nijothu's deck. Nijothu is working hard taking measurements on the big spinning hyperdrive core, and telling transportation crew to move their forklifts left or right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
OOC: At this time Pacifica is sleeping, right? How much time until the team's meeting?
We're at 2 very specific and slightly different times:
Daymar is at the 2nd hour of the 2nd shift. (his evening off-time)
Hua is at the 3rd hours of the 3rd shift. (her sleep shift)
Pacfica is at the same time as Hua, if it matters. (her evening off-time)

The meeting is at the 2nd hour of the first shift. So its about 7 hours before the meeting for Hua and Pacifica.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 09:08 AM   #785
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

I'll try a DX roll to:
-> Dump the oil over a stove
-> Turn the stove on
-> And grab the fire extinguisher
Quote:
[533] 21-07-16 16:55:19 CEST
DX
3d6 <= 15 : 2 + 1 + 4 = 7 ... success
Next, I'll charge through the side door and try to smack the two crewmen on that side with the extinguisher while charging on through. I don't see a skill that fits so I'll assume DX at some penalty you can evaluate later.
Quote:
[534] 21-07-16 16:57:26 CEST
DX
3d6 <= 15 : 3 + 2 + 4 = 9 ... success
Next, I'll head to the side of the mess with no doors on it, and reattempt photorefraction.
Quote:
[535] 21-07-16 17:02:58 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15 : 4 + 4 + 5 = 13 ... success
Is security coming by elevator or by a vertical hatch? If by elevator I'll try and slip on to the elevator as they're getting off the elevator, otherwise I'll start heading up to floor 9.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 04:50 PM   #786
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Pothi nods solemnly, and they go to Nijothu's deck. Nijothu is working hard taking measurements on the big spinning hyperdrive core, and telling transportation crew to move their forklifts left or right.
Daymar approaches Nijothu, touching his arm or tapping his shoulder in such a way Day can also touch his, presumably exposed, neck. "Excuse me, Nijothu is it? I need to speak to you."

While speaking, he uses Mental Surgery on Nijothu to give him Delusion "I am Daymar Konic", with an overnight onset. He will do All-Out Concentrate for +1 to the roll.

[536] 21-07-18 00:49:11 CEST

Mental Surgery to give Delusion "I am Daymar Konic" to Nijothu

3d6 <= 16
3 + 3 + 6 = 12 ... success

Continuing, Daymar says, "Where is your buddy? I need to speak with her, too."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 08:36 AM   #787
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Hua moves swiftly, grabbing the oil, smashing it down and all over the grill, and turning the grill on. She grabs the fire extinguisher to use as a weapon, and smacks the fellow who saw her with it (rather hard). He is momentarily stunned, and she dashes by. The the brief moment she has after turning the corner, she renews her stealth field... hopefully that should give her everything she needs.



A blaring alarm goes off, but the people are staying in their mess hall... at least until security arrives.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post

Is security coming by elevator or by a vertical hatch? If by elevator I'll try and slip on to the elevator as they're getting off the elevator, otherwise I'll start heading up to floor 9.

Hua is unsure what route they are using... which one will she guess?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 08:40 AM   #788
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Nijothu is a him, being Daymar's aproximate build and complexion, and thus the buddy is male as well. Kivu Zortuvo, as the buddy is named, is just over the way.



Daymar talks with Nijothu about something for a brief moment (probably some information about the hyperdrive repair). He thinks that the mind control worked, but is not sure.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 09:15 AM   #789
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua is unsure what route they are using... which one will she guess?
Well, I guess it would be safer to assume they're coming by hatch; wouldn't want to be stuck waiting at a disabled elevator.

I'll leave the extinguisher behind and head up to floor 9. Is there an escape route through the Star Drive Engine room, or will I need to truck on through to floor 4? I'm guessing the plans show a Star Drive Engine where there is supposed to be capacitors.

Quote:
[537] 21-07-19 17:15:39 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
3 + 3 + 1 = 7 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 04:48 AM   #790
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Nijothu is a him, being Daymar's aproximate build and complexion, and thus the buddy is male as well. Kivu Zortuvo, as the buddy is named, is just over the way.
OOC: I knew Nijothu is a him since he is supposed to have a passing resemblance to Daymar, but for whatever reason thought Nijothu's buddy was referred to as a 'her' at some point, even if it makes sense for the buddies to be in gender-matched pairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar talks with Nijothu about something for a brief moment (probably some information about the hyperdrive repair). He thinks that the mind control worked, but is not sure.
Well, I guess it will become evident tomorrow if 'Daymar' reports for work.

Daymar will also introduce himself to Kivu, shaking his hand (and using Mental Surgery), and discusses the hyperdrive repair with him before leading Pothi away.

He is seeking to give Kivu the 'Pothi Treatment' (Delusion ('Nijothu' is above suspicion), Sense of Duty ("Nijothu"), and the quirks '"As long as I'm at my job they won't discipline me", "You're only in trouble if you get caught" and "The buddy system is not a big deal"), plus Delusion (Daymar is Nijothu), which I assume is at the -5 point level. These are all to take effect over night.

[538] 21-07-20 12:47:33 CEST

Mental Surgery on Kivu, All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 16
4 + 5 + 1 = 10 ... success

I guess it will be interesting if it takes effect on one of them but not the other...Daymar is going to have to come check on the pair in their morning.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.