Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game > DFRPG Resources

Old 07-09-2021, 04:41 PM   #11
benz72

Default Re: DFRPG Game Aids: Computer Programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
Here's the new Dungeon Fantasy RPG.gdf file.
I may be messing something up on the load, but it appears the Bardic Talent is not adding to Musical Instrument, Composition, or Singing; at least not in the same way as other Advantages (Includes +X from Y).

Eidt: Ref DFRPG/Adventurers/17
Old 07-10-2021, 11:33 AM   #12
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz72 View Post
I may be messing something up on the load, but it appears the Bardic Talent is not adding to Musical Instrument, Composition, or Singing; at least not in the same way as other Advantages (Includes +X from Y).

Eidt: Ref DFRPG/Adventurers/17
Are you loading any files other than Dungeon Fantasy RPG?

I just created a character with only that file loaded, added all three skills, then Bardic Talent, and I'm clearly seeing all three receive the bonus.
Old 07-10-2021, 03:07 PM   #13
benz72

Quote:
Are you loading any files other than Dungeon Fantasy RPG?

I just created a character with only that file loaded, added all three skills, then Bardic Talent, and I'm clearly seeing all three receive the bonus.
Seems to work now when I start a new PC, Not sure why it didn't when I loaded the new data set.
Thank You
Old 07-11-2021, 11:34 AM   #14
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Seems to work now when I start a new PC, Not sure why it didn't when I loaded the new data set.
Thank You
If you have an existing character, remember that you have to Resynchronize to update the existing traits on that character to the new data.
Old 07-11-2021, 07:41 PM   #15
benz72

Just as a curiosity, is there a way to build new bardsong abilities inside the file? I used powers before, but didn’t see a way to do that here.
Thank you.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:04 PM   #16
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Just as a curiosity, is there a way to build new bardsong abilities inside the file? I used powers before, but didn’t see a way to do that here.
Thank you.
There's no builder as such, no, so it would require all manual editing.

ETA: I've added a note to look at adding a builder for the file. If I get to it, it will likely only happen in the GCA5 version.

Last edited by Armin; 07-12-2021 at 12:08 PM.
Armin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 05:41 AM   #17
benz72

Quote:
There's no builder as such, no, so it would require all manual editing.

ETA: I've added a note to look at adding a builder for the file. If I get to it, it will likely only happen in the GCA5 version.
Much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 09-26-2022, 08:53 AM   #18
sjmdw45

I just got GCA 5 from Warehouse 23 and am trying to use it to make some DFRPG 62-point hirelings.

Quote:
Here's the new Dungeon Fantasy RPG.gdf file.

You'll have to load this new file, then any existing characters will need to resync their Equipment (and the stuff on the left side of the dialog).
Unfortunately that's a dead link for me. "This item might not exist or is no longer available."

I didn't see any Dungeon Fantasy listings on the GCA downloads page (https://www.misersoft.com/gca5/?cat=5) even though patch notes for DF are listed on the "Package Updates" page. Can anyone tell me how to get started with DF in GCA? Clearly it's supported; I just can't figure out how.

Last edited by sjmdw45; 09-26-2022 at 08:57 AM.
sjmdw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:47 AM   #19
Celjabba

With CGA5, you select which books to use in
menu : File > Manage your Library

The DF RPG and the Gurps DF serie (not the same !!!) books are sorted under worldbooks.

You should create a new library, and select the books you want for your DF characters.

For DFRPG, you want Dungeon Fantasy RPG.gdf and possibly Delver to Grow

For the Gurps DF line, you want the various Gurps Dungeon Fantasy .gdf (1 to 15)

DFRPG is an optional update : if you don't have it, run CGA 5 updater in
menu : Help > check for updates
you will have a screen to select it. (make sure you have the latest version of CGA5 before trying to update the datafiles )

Last edited by Celjabba; 09-26-2022 at 09:50 AM.
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:49 AM   #20
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmdw45 View Post
I just got GCA 5 from Warehouse 23 and am trying to use it to make some DFRPG 62-point hirelings.

Unfortunately that's a dead link for me. "This item might not exist or is no longer available."

I didn't see any Dungeon Fantasy listings on the GCA downloads page (https://www.misersoft.com/gca5/?cat=5) even though patch notes for DF are listed on the "Package Updates" page. Can anyone tell me how to get started with DF in GCA? Clearly it's supported; I just can't figure out how.
The Dungeon Fantasy RPG box-set is now included with GCA as a single complete file in the \worldbooks\ folder. The base file is "Dungeon Fantasy RPG.gdf" and if you want to use it there's also "Dungeon Fantasy RPG - Companion 3.gdf".

Here's a short little video on Youtube that I made about how to get started, after another user asked how to start using DFRPG to make a bard. It should help you as well.

There's also an optional download from the Check for Updates system that lets you install a file for Delvers to Grow from Gaming Ballistic. (Gaming Ballistic have lots of cool stuff for DFRPG so look around there if you follow that link.)