Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #31
cynical13

Default Re: DEAD AIRWAY [IC]

Riddle goes pale as he switches off the radio.

"I'm afraid we can't rely on outside assistance."
cynical13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #32
FrumpyAndy

Red mentally notes the names of the players mentioned on the radio.

(Rolled a 7 on Current Affairs Sports 12..MoS 5)

He's trying to remember the teams and where they're playing today to see if it tells him anything about how far this plague has spread.

Concurrently he drops his shotgun to his side as he kneels by the bag in the bathroom to examine its contents.
FrumpyAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:59 AM   #33
the_matrix_walker

"What do have there Red?"

>Hears Glenn's fall<

"What was that?"
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #34
Justin_Bedard

(I'm so stupid. I didn't even see the 4th page...)

Red, remembering the names, thought they belonged to the national baseball league, probably the Houston Astros. He knew the team, but couldn't remember the game location.

<Perception roll to find out the exact use of the mini-tool kit>

Glenn picks himself up from his small fall, noticing the bruise on his arm. "I'm alright, just sli-" He fell silent when he looked at his hands, covered in blood. The entire floor was caked in it. Several body parts were scattered about, and then glenn heard it. Moaning, it lunged at him. "OH GOD!"

The infected grabs hold of Glenn by the arm, it pulls glenn towards itself. In response, Glenn's shoulder buries itself into the infected, Knocking it away into a stall and tearing it's arm clean off of the grapple. <Infected rolled a 6/10 DX, Glenn slammed his opponent 11/13, and did 4 damage to the infected's arm (R). Glenn also knocked it back 1 meter, with an extra 1 damage done for the collision. Glenn took 1 damage from the slam.>

Last edited by Justin_Bedard; 02-08-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Justin_Bedard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #35
FrumpyAndy

(Rolled 12 vs Per 12, MoS 0, but wouldn't this be more of an IQ or knowledge roll?)

(Assuming he heard Glenn's cry,) Red grabs the whole bag in one hand, his shotgun in the other, and runs towards the other bathroom. Once in the main terminal he will toss the bag towards Sierra and shout "Some useful tools in there, look it over, and stay out here!"
Old 02-08-2014, 05:35 PM   #36
Justin_Bedard

Glenn pulls his gun from it's holster and aims. The infected, not worrying about it's missing limb, lunges forward.
(It would be. I'm just used to using perception to see things. didn't even think of IQ)
Glenn aims his gun at the infected's chest, and pulls the trigger.The bullet snaps the zombie in half, making it tumble into a heap, it starts moving spasmodically as the red irises slowly fade, and finally it stops moving completely.
< aiming +1, 13/14+1. 3d-1 pi+, 18 damage, piercing +... >
"Holy..."

Last edited by Justin_Bedard; 02-08-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #37
FrumpyAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Bedard View Post
<3d-1 pi+, 12, piercing +... (I forget, does piercing + double once it passes through armor or is it the other way around?)>
p. B379: pi+ gets a 1.5 multiplier to penetrating damage (damage minus DR)

Red is on his way to help Glenn, waiting to find out when exactly in the sequence he arrives on the scene.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #38
Justin_Bedard

As red rushes into the room, Glenn calmly looks at him. "I-I'm alright. It just collapsed a-after I shot it." The infected arm was somehow still tightly squeezed around his arm, Glenn pulls it off with ease. "I guess they can be killed..." a quick look through the room shows that the infected was eating one of the terminal attendants, with keys to the barricaded doors. Glenn walks carefully over to the keys, paying attention not to slip in the blood. " this'll be useful. We can get out now, b-but we'll have to get past those things at the doors."
Old 02-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #39
FrumpyAndy

Shotgun at the ready, Red peers under the stall doors to make sure nobody else (alive or otherwise) is here. He nudges at the bloody corpse with his foot, down by the leg rather than near a hand or the head. The look on his face is one of disgust and fascination.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #40
Justin_Bedard

Glenn shakily walks out of the bathroom, looking at his state. Covered in blood, he tries to wipe some of it off, getting most of it off and onto his shirt. Stunned by the bloody look on Glenn, everyone finally reacts.

"**** son, y'alright?"
"Were you bitten? the infection spreads that way!"
"Damn!"
"Oh my!"

"Nah, I wasn't bitten... What have you guys planned?"
"I ain't moving an inch"
"I agreed with the *******. it's too dangerous to leave..."
"We'd have some defence here... and we've got water for now."
(It's decision time! put in your 2 cents and let's get going!)

"I... I think i'm going to try and get out of here. If this thing is really big, I want to try and get back to my family... I hope their ok."

Last edited by Justin_Bedard; 02-08-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Tags
mutants, pbp, semi-cinematic, zombies