Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-22-2021, 09:11 AM   #881
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

"I'm okay... I think I bruised my ribs, but I'll be alright... I missed you guys so much! Peter takes a deep breath and stifles his tears. "I had a dream about another place, like, another world and I woke up there with Goliath. Naked in the woods..." Peter skips that bit about Senarich, nervous they will react poorly to allowing himself to be "possessed", but explains that it seemed wherever he ended up he had to solve a problem he found to move on, and hopefully make it back home.

If uninterrupted, he tells them everything that's happened to him (other than the bit about allowing Senarich to ride along with him).
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 11:47 AM   #882
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

His parents listen to his stories, but throw nervous looks at each other the whole time. After Peter finishes, his father says "Alright, lets get you to bed." He's shown his bed.

He doesn't get the impression they believe him.

He can hear muttering outside of his door.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 12:50 PM   #883
the_matrix_walker

Peter is filled with emotion with his thoughts racing and doesn't feel like he'll be able to sleep, but once he gets into his bed and Goliath jumps up with him, the warms, safety, and comfort of home take over quickly and he falls off to sleep almost immediately...
Old 12-23-2021, 07:44 AM   #884
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter sleeps peacefully, without any dreams.

In the morning, he wakes up to the smell of breakfast cooking downstairs. His parents beam as he comes down the stairs. As he eats, his mother fills him in about the day's schedule. First the police station, then the hospital, then clothes shopping, and finally the school. They think it should take all day.

They chat vigorously about all the things that have happened in their family and neighborhood since he vanished, and about his troop. They also talk about how he's been listed as missing and there was a huge search for him and acts of kindness friends performed for them and how its been a huge mystery.

They pointedly do not ask him any questions beyond "do you need any more eggs?"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 12-23-2021, 07:59 AM   #885
the_matrix_walker

Peter makes wordless happy noises while he devours his breakfast. Waking up safe and warm and having Mom's breakfast has him gleeful for a short time, but his emotions are mercurial, and he almost starts crying again at the gravity of it all.

"What should I tell the police? They're never going to believe the truth. I know how it sounds... I just made it home, I don't want to end up in the nuthouse!"

Peter tries to reach out withhis supernatural sense and see if he picks up anything, curious to see if this power followed him home. He thinks about the Karana magic and wants to try and see if that will work, but he can't think of of an excuse or opportunity to build a fire yet... maybe later.
Old 12-27-2021, 09:40 AM   #886
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"What should I tell the police? They're never going to believe the truth. I know how it sounds... I just made it home, I don't want to end up in the nuthouse!"
His parents exchange looks again.

His father speaks: "Just tell the truth. But don't tell them that nonsense you told us last night."

His mother says: "Just do your best. Its not illegal to go missing. You can tell them what happened. We won't be angry either. We just want answers."

Quote:
Peter tries to reach out withhis supernatural sense and see if he picks up anything, curious to see if this power followed him home. He thinks about the Karana magic and wants to try and see if that will work, but he can't think of of an excuse or opportunity to build a fire yet... maybe later.
He can't pick up any magic... but he's not sure if thats because its off or because its just not there.

Old 12-27-2021, 10:20 AM   #887
the_matrix_walker

Peter switches to sullen...

"I was telling the truth last night. I knew you guys wouldn't believe me. Can I play outside until we leave?"

Peter rushes to his room and grabs his fire-starter from camping gear, and then heads outside to the yard. He quickly heads for the fire-pit near the tree line and starts a fire. As soon as it has a sufficient smoke output, he tries using Karana magic to make a somewhat cartoonish cute monkey creature.

If it works, he takes it in the house to prove part of his story to his parents.
Old 12-29-2021, 09:15 AM   #888
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

his parents exchange another meaningful look, and his father follows him outside.

Peter finds using modern matches to be much easier than what he's been doing for the past few months.

The magic flows, and the smoke begins to twist and curl. Its harder than on the last world... but it does seem to be working. Make a Karana roll. (IQ -5 for default... failures drain 1 FP each )

Old 12-29-2021, 09:20 AM   #889
the_matrix_walker

(I rolled an 8 for Karana, which is a success by one (I did end up taking the Karana skill and have it at skill 9))

"Dad, can you see how the smoke is moving!?!? Watch this!"
Old 12-30-2021, 08:23 AM   #890
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

his father's eyes go wide...

"um... stay there! Honey! Come here!"

"I don't believe my eyes. This is... important. Ok, how much are we going to tell the police? We could display this... but that will just make the news. But honesty is the best policy... Lets go inside and think about this."

Tags
lost in dreams