Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-14-2022, 11:09 AM   #1271
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Nope nope nope!" Peter's mind panics, wanting no part of such a horror.

Peter tries to turn his dreams back to the world of the gods...
Rolling... an 8! Peter is able to control his dreams, and dream of where he wishes to go... which is the divine village.

His dream of the village is simple: huts, fires, and the simple furnishings at twilight. And Dahlia, the crow, hovering over it.

He wakes in the dark, naked, near an outdoor fire. Goliath is next to him. He's just outside some huts. Is that An-Kona's?

OCC: interesting... avoiding a world based on seeing a skull in place of a head. I wonder how this effects his viewport of his role in the worlds.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 06:34 AM   #1272
the_matrix_walker

He seeks out An Kona hoping she still has his clothing tucked away for him and greets Dahlia...

((I just see him reacting as pretty much anyone would to someone who appeared so horrific... who would want to go there? Peter is confused about his travels. At first he thought it took him where he was needed or had some task to perform, but there have been variations... and this stint as emmisarry has him jumping around before what he sees as his job has been completed.))
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 10:16 AM   #1273
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
He seeks out An Kona hoping she still has his clothing tucked away for him and greets Dahlia...
An Kona has jumped up as soon as he's at her door, and is holding her spear.

"Oh, its you." She ducks inside for a moment and throws him a set of clothing... his old clothing, he thinks. Then she shuts the door and goes back to bed.

Finding Dahlia is harder, but the crow finds him after a minute or so of calling, and sits on his shoulder and caws at the dog.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 12-15-2022, 10:35 PM   #1274
the_matrix_walker

Peter considers why he may be centering on An Kona... does she evoke any kind of feeling? She goes back to bed... is it still night time?

Peter will dress and explore the area a little bit and try to teach Dahlia to fetch small objects if there is time to kill before he can do his typical information exchange and talk with the gods, and inform them that the writing things on his skin didn't work. He hopes to get an update on the struggle with the enemy and have something juicy for the folks back ion Thuroma, as this third trip secures the release of the rest of the prisoners and may mean his back and forth may be at an end.
Old 12-16-2022, 02:37 PM   #1275
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Peter considers why he may be centering on An Kona... does she evoke any kind of feeling?
Peter doesn't sense anything different about her. Not magically, anyways. She does seem to be one of the leaders of this community though.

Quote:
She goes back to bed... is it still night time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He wakes in the dark, naked, near an outdoor fire. Goliath is next to him. He's just outside some huts. Is that An-Kona's?
Quote:
Peter will dress and explore the area a little bit and try to teach Dahlia to fetch small objects if there is time to kill...
The crow is slow to figure out what Peter is trying to teach her, but he keeps at it. He notices that the number of people here is beginning to wear on the land.

Quote:
before he can do his typical information exchange and talk with the gods, and inform them that the writing things on his skin didn't work. He hopes to get an update on the struggle with the enemy and have something juicy for the folks back ion Thuroma, as this third trip secures the release of the rest of the prisoners and may mean his back and forth may be at an end.
People start noticing Peter is back, and some of his "clients" start seeking him out, and seeing what messages they got or how their messages were received. Peter struggles to remember the messages this morning*, He's memorized the number of messages to each God, but he can't remember the contents of each one.

Yu-Pelor is very disapointed about the ink, and brings back the idea of scratching it into his skin. "Isn't the small pain worth the reward?"

By breakfast, he feels he's already had a full morning.

*pretty bad roll there.

Old 12-19-2022, 07:14 AM   #1276
the_matrix_walker

-- Lets use luck on the bad roll and drop 5 points into the learnable level of eidetic memory since he has been doing all these memorizations and had already started doing memory exercises previously --
Old 12-19-2022, 10:17 AM   #1277
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter relates the messages to his "client gods", and they begin sending messages back.

One of the goddesses asks if Peter would be willing to memorize a poem exactly... It doesn't make sense, and about one in five words has no meaning. She wants you to send it back to her priests.

OCC: If you're going to spend the points, we can keep your luck charged... are we going for a full Ediatic memory, or a version with a -40% (must focus on it for a while first). The second sounds closer to what he's been doing...

Old 12-19-2022, 02:49 PM   #1278
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Peter relates the messages to his "client gods", and they begin sending messages back.

One of the goddesses asks if Peter would be willing to memorize a poem exactly... It doesn't make sense, and about one in five words has no meaning. She wants you to send it back to her priests.
"That sounds like you want me to deliver some kind of coded message, and I don't want to do that. For all I would know I could be delivering a message to trigger a genocide or an order to kill the messenger."

Spoiler:  
Old 12-20-2022, 09:05 AM   #1279
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"That sounds like you want me to deliver some kind of coded message, and I don't want to do that. For all I would know I could be delivering a message to trigger a genocide or an order to kill the messenger."
The word for "Genocide" doesn't come out right in this language, more like "slaughter" or "massacre campaign".

"Why would I kill you? you are the only way for me to talk to my people. Would you alter my words?"

Spoiler:  

Old 12-20-2022, 10:03 AM   #1280
the_matrix_walker

"Not intentionally, but I have a lot of stuff to remember... and those are just examples, but say you've decided it's more valuable to a rival to have the line of communication than it is for you. The bottom line is there are a bunch of reasons I can thin of and there could be a 1,000 reasons I can't think of that it could be a bad idea. Ya get me?"

Spoiler:  

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 12-20-2022 at 10:06 AM.

Tags
lost in dreams