Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2022, 08:30 AM   #141
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

I hope you're feeling better!

FYI - I'm going on vacation starting next Wednesday and won't be back until the week of Thanksgiving and my be very limited in my posting.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 08:36 AM   #142
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
I hope you're feeling better!

FYI - I'm going on vacation starting next Wednesday and won't be back until the week of Thanksgiving and my be very limited in my posting.
Thanks for letting me know.



That is shockingly similar to my upcoming vacation! thanks for bringing it up!
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 03:58 PM   #143
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

Well so much for hoping to get another twofer on the 11th. Enjoy your time off.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 08:58 AM   #144
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hey, I guess that means that Julian got the first any% run of Lost in Dreams.
Well, that depends on how we want to proceed. I can see three ways this can end:
  • He can resolve what you die of when falling, and then die
  • Julian still has serendipity: someone seeing his fall who could help might be interesting
  • He can fall unconscious and transition to another world: I was going to do that immediately after he explored the underside anyways.
Which direction do you want to go?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 09:14 AM   #145
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Well, that depends on how we want to proceed. I can see three ways this can end:
Honesty the remark about the thread ending was meant more as a joke. Though this is a much more decisive ending than any of the other threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
  • He can resolve what you die of when falling, and then die
  • Julian still has serendipity: someone seeing his fall who could help might be interesting
  • He can fall unconscious and transition to another world: I was going to do that immediately after he explored the underside anyways.
Which direction do you want to go?
Well I'm not sure if Serendipity has recovered since back with the Hawkin 75 posts ago, but using it again is cool with me. Though I'm not sure who could help. The Hawkin needed a harness. Perhaps there's a giant hawkin or someone setup a net at a lower level? Or maybe something setup to catch a barrel from the waterfall? Or perhaps more prosaically somebody catches the rope before it slips.

Though if we're going with transition towards another world anything that can be mistaken for a literal afterlife (at least at first) would be fun.

Last edited by TGLS; 02-20-2023 at 07:12 PM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 03:05 PM   #146
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Though if we're going with transition towards another world anything that can be mistaken for a literal afterlife (at least at first) would be fun.
I smell crossover...
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 08:57 AM   #147
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
I smell crossover...
These two might get a cross-over... you post at close to the same rate, are consistent, and the two boys are a study in contrasts. They'd have a lot to say to each other. Right now they feel very uneven in experience and capabilities. Giving Julian a second world first feels right.



Peter's current world(s) are a kettle of worms. They're based on the pyramid scheme book "Broken Clockwork World", and Peter has taken it in a very unexpected direction.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 10:18 AM   #148
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
I smell crossover...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
These two might get a cross-over...
Well I can't say I haven't imagined Julian ending up on the clockwork world, someone confusing him for Peter (a distorted enough rumor might do that), Julian not responding negatively (or perhaps just lying and agreeing), and quickly ending up out of his depth...

Though when I thought afterlife I was more imagining fiery caverns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Right now they feel very uneven in experience and capabilities. Giving Julian a second world first feels right.
Getting Julian around or at least towards, "You're jumping between dimensions, not travelling a great distance/hallucinating/dead" is probably a step in the right direction. The way his time on Riask is ending probably pushes far more in this direction than going to bed and waking up somewhere else again would.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 09:01 AM   #149
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

For the kidnapping arc, Julian receives 5 points! He got away, made it home without starving or getting eaten, and was able to get his most prominent opponent captured. That's a performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Though when I thought afterlife I was more imagining fiery caverns.
Hmm, how do I turn that into a classic Lost in Dreams world without going full demon?


Somehow or the other, I don't think of fiery caverns when I think of afterlives.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 04:38 PM   #150
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
For the kidnapping arc, Julian receives 5 points! He got away, made it home without starving or getting eaten, and was able to get his most prominent opponent captured. That's a performance.
And he fell off a cliff, fell 200 km and survived! Spending:

Added:
1 Point to Climbing
1 Point to Vasic Operation
1 Point to Riask (Spoken)
1 Point to Fast-Talk

1 Point Saved (Towards buying off Disads eventually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hmm, how do I turn that into a classic Lost in Dreams world without going full demon?
A world covered in lava maybe? (i.e. Io, Mustafar, last level in Mario games)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Somehow or the other, I don't think of fiery caverns when I think of afterlives.
Well, to me it's 50/50 clouds and fire. And clouds would be too easy to write off as a lower level of Riask (Though the missing waterfall would be a clue).
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ericthered, friendpmcii, lost in dreams

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.