Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-10-2010, 07:42 AM   #41
thedag

Default Re: Stratiges

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedag View Post
I'll read through the thread later so I'm not repeating stuff but for now let me say how lucky you are not to play with me. Over ten years ago a friend broke a deal we made in the game Risk. To this day I still refuse to help and in any game cut him down whenever I can.

What do ya mean I hold a grudge!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2cow View Post
That's terrible (although very munchkinly.) Though that's when you got to know the group your playing with.
How can you hold a grudge so long?
Sorry haven't been on here for some time.
it isn't really that I hold a grudge but more a tactic. Now when I play risk if I tell someone I don't want to lose a territory they do not take it off me unless they know I can't do anything about it. in munchkin people don't break deals they make with me.

of course the more my friends talk about it the more of a legend it becomes and I feel i have to live up to their expectations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerftw View Post
Wait, you're not a New York State Trooper in the Hudson Valley area, are you? I swear that's a story a friend of mine tells, and he's the one that introduced everyone to Munchkin a few months back.
no I'm not but if your ever in Australia then drop me a line and I'll be happy to have a game. On the bright side if you go back on a deal so what because we will probably never play again if we live on opposite sides of the world so get your knife ready to put deep in my back!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2cow View Post
Also share victories whenever possible it really help with your relationship next game.
bah these forward thinking types! Despite what I said all is forgiven next game...well almost. I remember those who tend to make a habit of being nasty to me.
thedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:49 AM   #42
thedag

sometimes it is good to let people know what you have in your hand. Tonight my wife got a monster that required her to show everyone her cards and use all once only cards that would help her even if she didn't need to. While she didn't have any we did see that she had a +5 and +10 monster enhancers, a wandering monster card with a level 16 monster and a curse. Needless to say we were very careful not to upset her.

Often I will also make it a habit to hold onto curse cards and if someone curses me I give them one back straight away. For instance I kicked down a door and got a trap (curse) which allows any player to play a curse on me and take a replacement door card. Because they got a replacement card two players saw this as a good opportunity.
Player A played lose a level on me. I happened to also have a lose a level which I played on her. Player B then played a curse on me so I gave her a Item Turns Evil curse which makes her largest bonus become a negative.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #43
thedag

so another thread gave a good idea if your on level 9. Hold a Elf card in your hand and once it is clear you can win then change to an elf and take the win! I think you can put a new class/race down during combat. I know for sure you can discard them during combat
Old 07-10-2010, 07:59 PM   #44
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedag View Post
so another thread gave a good idea if your on level 9. Hold a Elf card in your hand and once it is clear you can win then change to an elf and take the win! I think you can put a new class/race down during combat. I know for sure you can discard them during combat
You can discard Races and Classes at any time. You may play them as soon as you get them, or at any time on your own turn. In the scenario you sketch here (assuming it is not your turn, because if you beat a monster on your turn you get the level anyway), you can't play the Elf card, so the strategy fails.

I'd recommend re-reading the game rules, rather than relying on half-remembered "I think I saw" references.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:56 AM   #45
chronojinx

I like the Stratiges people use when playing Munchkin with Sparkly Good Fairy and her Fairy Dust. Everyone is so nice, keeps them blind to people at level 8 and 9.
chronojinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:16 PM   #46
Munchkiny

The strategy of playing a Cleric card when you're lvl 9 and then the Wand of Dowsing to pick up Divine Intervention is truly amazing. I used it a bunch of times and you don't even have to be fighting a monster which will make you're munchkin victory dance so much sweeter.

Another one I pulled off being lvl 7 Orc in this other game was waiting until the other players used up their cards stopping a higher lvl player from taking the win, then looking for trouble with a weak monster from my hand and buffing up until I'm beating it for more than 10. And when everybody is thinking "Ah, another lvl 9" you use a GUAL and are automatically fighting ftw! With the added flavor that they didn't have the cards to stop me at that point.

Another good one for Clerics at lvl 9 is looking for trouble with "Minor God" if you have it, as your items count double against it.

I love this game

Last edited by Munchkiny; 07-30-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Munchkiny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
munchkin, strategy