Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2021, 02:19 PM   #981
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Confuse would work. Knocking that out requires Per-based freight handling at -2 to pick out the correct time. I also need to know your range, and you need to make the roll: you get -1 to skill per yard away you are.
I'll try to get away from Thibi for a moment so I can safely disappear, then I'll go ahead with the sabotage. I'll try to get at contact distance.

Fast-Talk to get a few minutes, Stealth to get out of everyone's sight, Photorefraction to vanish.
Quote:
[657] 21-10-04 21:11:48 CEST
Fast-Talk
3d6 <= 13
4 + 3 + 2 = 9 ... success
[658] 21-10-04 21:12:19 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
6 + 4 + 5 = 15 ... success (Hopefully margin of three is enough)
[659] 21-10-04 21:12:58 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
6 + 5 + 5 = 16 ... failure
Well hopefully no one spots the blurry person. Next Freight Handling to spot the moment, then Stealth over, Confuse + Mechanic to mess things up, Stealth away and then to deblur and return.
Quote:
[660] 21-10-04 21:15:51 CEST
Freight Handling (-2)
3d6 <= 12
2 + 5 + 1 = 8 ... success
[661] 21-10-04 21:16:02 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
3 + 3 + 6 = 12 ... success
[662] 21-10-04 21:16:40 CEST
Confuse
3d6 <= 15
6 + 2 + 3 = 11 ... success
[663] 21-10-04 21:16:56 CEST
Mechanic
3d6 <= 13
3 + 2 + 3 = 8 ... success
[664] 21-10-04 21:17:22 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
2 + 4 + 4 = 10 ... success
Hopefully that went OK
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 02:58 PM   #982
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Infiltration..." Zybo muses... "Your ideas all seem to rely on the dreadstormers making contact with their allies. So far, it seems that they avoid doing that. How could we make contact happen?"(...)
Consider my ideas as suggestions in a brainstorming process. I am parting from the general information crewmen like myself have at the moment. My understanding is that the enemy has been able to organize a taskforce, and infiltration could be an option. Whether this is possible or not, depends in the current advancements the COs and/or the NCOs have had with their investigations.

I believe Vinobi has been working with this matter, maybe I could cooperate with him to work a solid plan to help protect the ship.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:44 AM   #983
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll try to get away from Thibi for a moment so I can safely disappear, then I'll go ahead with the sabotage. I'll try to get at contact distance.

Fast-Talk to get a few minutes, Stealth to get out of everyone's sight, Photorefraction to vanish.
Hua's stealth plan doesn't work well. She is walking back to the forklift when someone points at her and shouts "Dreadstormer! Fuzzy Dreadstormer on deck!"

She is on deck 15, near the drive core (the big room in F block) -- its the bottom floor of the hyperdrive. 11 different people, including Thibi, are in the room . The Drive core is open, with people able to climb up and down it relatively quickly. Escape down is impossible due to the capacitor. Escape up is simple, but takes her near another 30 or so people. The port and starboard exits lead into the missile tubes. Going aft involves going through the drive space into Daymar's old living area (which has somewhat reduced inhabitants at the moment), and then into the rocket drive engineering space. Going fore goes into living quarters, and then is blocked by a main laser turret (its entrances are farther up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Consider my ideas as suggestions in a brainstorming process. I am parting from the general information crewmen like myself have at the moment. My understanding is that the enemy has been able to organize a taskforce, and infiltration could be an option. Whether this is possible or not, depends in the current advancements the COs and/or the NCOs have had with their investigations.

I believe Vinobi has been working with this matter, maybe I could cooperate with him to work a solid plan to help protect the ship.
Zybo: "we haven't seen any firm evidence that the mind control victims are working together, but that could just be some of them, and they've got others that are still working with them."

"I'll think about the best way to get an infiltrator in."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 02:46 PM   #984
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua's stealth plan doesn't work well. She is walking back to the forklift when someone points at her and shouts "Dreadstormer! Fuzzy Dreadstormer on deck!"
Has anyone noticed that I'm missing (well, besides Thibi)? I'll try to duck into Daymar's old living space and reinitialize photorefraction.

Quote:
[665] 21-10-05 21:44:56 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
4 + 6 + 1 = 11 ... success
[666] 21-10-05 21:45:12 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
3 + 6 + 2 = 11 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:20 AM   #985
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Has anyone noticed that I'm missing (well, besides Thibi)? I'll try to duck into Daymar's old living space and reinitialize photorefraction.

Not yet... make a DX roll or some other chase roll to escape and loose your pursuers...
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:28 AM   #986
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Not yet... make a DX roll or some other chase roll to escape and loose your pursuers...
Quote:
[667] 21-10-06 16:27:35 CEST
DX
3d6 <= 15
4 + 1 + 2 = 7 ... success
Got away safely!
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 02:17 PM   #987
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Got away safely!

Well done! Hua is able to get back to Thibi before she is noticed missing.



They loose at least an hour with all the fuss seeing the dreadstormer made. Probably more, as people won't be able to focus nearly as well. Make an acting roll to explain your roll in all of it without suspicion.


The next shift is third shift, and there is a meeting. shift starts 118 hours after dropping out of hyperspace. Hua should be asleep, the other two are on their off hours.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 10:27 AM   #988
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Well done! Hua is able to get back to Thibi before she is noticed missing.
And I thought I was done there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
They loose at least an hour with all the fuss seeing the dreadstormer made. Probably more, as people won't be able to focus nearly as well. Make an acting roll to explain your roll in all of it without suspicion.
I'll say I froze up when I heard about the Dreadstormer. If pressed I'd say I was somewhere out of sight that fits with where I told Thibi I was going. That should cover about cover it, I think.
Quote:
[668] 21-10-07 17:14:16 CEST
Acting
3d6 <= 16
5 + 5 + 5 = 15 ... success
Hopefully by two is enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The next shift is third shift, and there is a meeting. shift starts 118 hours after dropping out of hyperspace. Hua should be asleep, the other two are on their off hours.
I'll go to the meeting and check if anyone left any messages.

Quote:
[670] 21-10-07 17:15:37 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
2 + 3 + 2 = 7 ... success

[669] 21-10-07 17:15:27 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
2 + 4 + 3 = 9 ... success
At the meeting
"I've handed over a list of subverted to two of the officers, and told them about the hiding space so they can make dead-drops."
"We have a key for the security armory"
"We've subverted a bunch of security personnel, I got all their names down and passed them on to the officers."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 11:00 AM   #989
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll go to the meeting and check if anyone left any messages.
Acknowledged. We are two thirds organized. Thank you for Assests... Do you wish us to organize them. Awaiting instructions.

Pooka-Pooka
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 02:55 PM   #990
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

I guess I'll add a few more points then:
"I guess we should tell them to organize the subverted security personnel."
"I mentioned to one of the people in the brig that I'd be getting them out in three days. Do you think that would be a good time to make a move?"
"What the hell does Pooka-Pooka mean? Isn't that that spider dish?"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.