Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2022, 11:07 AM   #1581
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

I am at the command center.

Zybo and I are on our way to deck 18, Zybo is expecting the bombís detonation to happen anytime soon (I already diffused it with my team). I have a plan, I think we could lead the "non-compliant" people to "Zybo's place" (a location at deck 18, which we could designate now); he must be capable of keeping our enemies under control, then we could kill them all in a single move.

Is there a large room that can contain as much people as to deal with most of the threats?

I think we should simulate the bombs detonation with smaller detonations, this will help us confuse people like Zybo, and trick them into believing the ship is safe.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 11:25 AM   #1582
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I am at the command center.

Zybo and I are on our way to deck 18, Zybo is expecting the bombís detonation to happen anytime soon (I already diffused it with my team). I have a plan, I think we could lead the "non-compliant" people to "Zybo's place" (a location at deck 18, which we could designate now); he must be capable of keeping our enemies under control, then we could kill them all in a single move.

Is there a large room that can contain as much people as to deal with most of the threats?

I think we should simulate the bombs detonation with smaller detonations, this will help us confuse people like Zybo, and trick them into believing the ship is safe.
Daymar says "I think we should minimize killing them, the more I'm able to convert, the more functional the ship will be. Bleeding off oxygen to disable them would give us the chance to do that."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 03:24 PM   #1583
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
All of them, transport is the least trained section and is unarmed and unaware.
Well, I'll have the guards run a head count. I hear some of the transport section is undisciplined and wanders off when they should be sleeping :). Also have Thibi separated out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Zybo and I are on our way to deck 18, Zybo is expecting the bombís detonation to happen anytime soon (I already diffused it with my team). I have a plan, I think we could lead the "non-compliant" people to "Zybo's place" (a location at deck 18, which we could designate now); he must be capable of keeping our enemies under control, then we could kill them all in a single move."
"I don't know if we can keep Zybo under control; keeping Zybo under control is predicated on him believing that you're still loyal. I don't know what Zybo will do when he figures out you're not on his side."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
"Is there a large room that can contain as much people as to deal with most of the threats?"
"Deck 19 seems ideal. There are many hydrogen block compartments there we can stuff all the resisting crew into."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
"I think we should simulate the bombs detonation with smaller detonations, this will help us confuse people like Zybo, and trick them into believing the ship is safe.
"Well, you know anything about explosives? I'm pretty sure if I tried that, it'd either be too powerful or too weak. What kind of damage would a few explosions accomplish?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar says "I think we should minimize killing them, the more I'm able to convert, the more functional the ship will be. Bleeding off oxygen to disable them would give us the chance to do that."
"Well, I was thinking we could gather up everyone who isn't running around the ship onto deck 19 then just evacuate all the air from the upper decks, after we get all the easy to find people."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 08:56 AM   #1584
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well, I'll have the guards run a head count. I hear some of the transport section is undisciplined and wanders off when they should be sleeping :). Also have Thibi separated out.

You're short by five. Four of these are on off duty. One sleeper is missing, by the name of Hua...


Thibi is separated out. Where will you be putting her?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 10:04 AM   #1585
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You're short by five. Four of these are on off duty. One sleeper is missing, by the name of Hua...
I report that to Day and Pacifica.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Thibi is separated out. Where will you be putting her?
Stick her in with the officers on deck 19. Worst case our mole can tell us if anyone tries a uniform swap routine.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 02:41 PM   #1586
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
I think we should minimize killing them, the more I'm able to convert, the more functional the ship will be (...)
Roger that, we have to subvert as many as possible.

Quote:
Well, you know anything about explosives?
I have an expert with me. But he will need help with the set-up, carrying the explosives requires more men and he might need protection (just in case).

Quote:
I don't know if we can keep Zybo under control; keeping Zybo under control is predicated on him believing that you're still loyal.
We can make things work. I can use the comms to let everybody learn Zybo's position, we are just going to lure more people into our trap.

Quote:
I don't know what Zybo will do when he figures out you're not on his side.
I just have to tell him I am clean, and he will believe it. We can use his position to shake off suspicion, if you have not been compromised (e.g. having been observed shooting the captain).

OOC: Also, it was a critical success with Mental Surgery (more than a year ago! Cool!).

http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...&postcount=616
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...&postcount=622


OOC (for Erick): Do they have comms in deck 19? Or is it just hydrogen blocks? Is it possible to lockdown the whole deck and flush the oxygen out at once? How many "clean" subverted do we have there besides Thibi? How many people can we hold at deck 19?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 10:28 AM   #1587
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I have an expert with me. But he will need help with the set-up, carrying the explosives requires more men and he might need protection (just in case).
"Expert" is stretching it... he has little practical experience with conventional explosives.

Quote:
I just have to tell him I am clean, and he will believe it. We can use his position to shake off suspicion, if you have not been compromised (e.g. having been observed shooting the captain).

OOC: Also, it was a critical success with Mental Surgery (more than a year ago! Cool!).
critical success or not, its not foolproof.

Quote:
OOC (for Erick): Do they have comms in deck 19? Or is it just hydrogen blocks? Is it possible to lockdown the whole deck and flush the oxygen out at once? How many "clean" subverted do we have there besides Thibi? How many people can we hold at deck 19?
Locking the whole deck down is possible. Flushing the oxygen out of it is not, because the fore of deck 19 it has its own oxygen supply. The rear of deck 19 is smaller than a full deck and can be completely flushed, but that's not where everyone is trying to go. Flushing an entire deck will leave the people trapped with a fair amount of life support equipment.

I think all 2000 of the crew could be stuffed into deck 19 if necessary.

You are converting people at a rapid rate, so you can get dozens of clean subverted if you want. I don't think Thibi was ever mind controlled though, so she does not count as subverted. You have two officers playing that roll though: Vinobi is keeping the officers quarters from doing anything, and Vibibu is actively playing the mole*.

*with Bujithi, in a private cell gathering intelligence on the ship.... I think vinobi has gotten news by now. Bujithi became aware of the fight between the captain's quarters and the foreward command center because it was fought right next to his section (and some of his men were shot). He called all of his men to the upper missile section and was getting the bomb ready. He wasn't aware that Zybo and Tutuna grabbed a bomb, so had neither of them been stopped, they might have blown the entire ship up with no fragments.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 09-14-2022 at 10:34 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 10:27 AM   #1588
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
We can make things work. I can use the comms to let everybody learn Zybo's position, we are just going to lure more people into our trap.
"That plan sounds like it would work just as well with a dead Zybo or with one of the officers who's definitely on our side."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I don't think Thibi was ever mind controlled though, so she does not count as subverted.
Well, she was mind controlled, but not in a way that's helpful at this stage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
[280] 21-02-02 22:23:18 CET

Mental Surgery on Thibi (10 points of delusions related to Hua's innocence/being above suspicion)

3d6 <= 16
1 + 6 + 4 = 11 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 04:59 AM   #1589
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar is going to take his guards and make his way to deck 18 to meet up with Pacifica and Zybo. He tries to anticipate enemy tactics.

[1137] 22-09-27 11:56:50 CEST

Tactics

3d6 <= 13
1 + 5 + 1 = 7 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:09 AM   #1590
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

After reporting her actions and the events that just happened, Pacifica agrees on a plan with the Dread Stormers; she moves towards deck 18, to catch up with Zybo and Daymar.

Once Daymar reprograms Zybo, Pacifica will try to broadcast a message throughout the ship, with the intention of cooling down the (possibly imminent) paranoia.

Then she will unlock the doors that have been tampered with. Pacifica asks for two “clean” crewmen capable of handling drills with ease but also able of troubleshooting the doors. She believes that breaking the doors would be the last option and asks for someone with the right skills.
*

Right now, besides Zybo, Pacifica has got 3 crewmen with her:

Lt. Nichapu (who is keeping his distance, as instructed by Pacifica). **
Thorpojor.
Tozortu or Vorkuzo (whoever has got the most useful skills for the situation).

Finally, suggests defining a specific place/time to meet or report again. ***


OOC: I still have some questions in the OOC thread, but I would like to start advancing as well.

* I am assuming these guys come from Daymar’s location, I understand he converted a lot of people. If Daymar thinks of something unexpected with tactics, Pacifica might modify her request.
** She is taking him because there could be more bombs, we are going to cover his face and name tag.
*** We can work this in the OOC.

In case it is required:
Stealth 3d6 <= 15
2 + 3 + 6 = 11 ... success
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.