Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2022, 11:26 AM   #1561
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
overload? you mean the reactor?

Yeah, I think there are still about 30.
Yes, the reactor.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 09:01 AM   #1562
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
So the line cuts right through the compartment I want to get through... OK, are the doors to the warp core area sealed too? Maybe I could slip in there and check out that area. Failing that we could just take the long way around through the vehicle bay, and form up with Daymar. We could probably get drills there.

Stealth, Photorefraction, and Observation rolls to reconnoiter either the warp core area or the vehicle bay (preference to warp core).
The warp core doors are open... but the way out of them has been locked as well. The warp core is deserted... this area was the busiest area of the ship just a few hours ago.



The vehicle bay is a great place to get drills. All this moving takes time though...


Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
overload? you mean the reactor?

Yeah, I think there are still about 30.
The reactor is under control. About 30 of its workers are not converted.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 10:02 AM   #1563
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The warp core doors are open... but the way out of them has been locked as well. The warp core is deserted... this area was the busiest area of the ship just a few hours ago.
News travels fast I take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The vehicle bay is a great place to get drills. All this moving takes time though...
Well, I'll inform the command center that the warp core has been evacuated and the doors on the stern side of the ship have been sealed off before I head down to the vehicle bay. Then I'll look for drills:
Quote:
[1122] 22-08-25 16:54:48 CEST
Scrounging Default
3d6 <= 10
6 + 5 + 6 = 17 ... failure
:(

I suppose I should check and see if the transport section is still down there; rounding them up probably critical but it probably isn't pointless either. I'll start with the quarters on the lettered (port?) side first.
Quote:
[1125] 22-08-25 16:58:09 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
1 + 1 + 5 = 7 ... success
[1124] 22-08-25 16:57:25 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
6 + 5 + 2 = 13 ... success

[1123] 22-08-25 16:57:07 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
4 + 1 + 4 = 9 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 11:27 AM   #1564
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar will get some of his security force to look out for him while he tries to convert the remaining prisoners.

[1126] 22-08-25 18:26:04 CEST

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism, El Quinta Republica), All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 16
1: 1 + 3 + 4 = 8 ... success
2: 2 + 3 + 2 = 7 ... success
3: 4 + 5 + 3 = 12 ... success
4: 4 + 1 + 6 = 11 ... success
5: 5 + 2 + 4 = 11 ... success
6: 6 + 6 + 1 = 13 ... success
7: 5 + 4 + 3 = 12 ... success
8: 2 + 5 + 2 = 9 ... success
9: 5 + 5 + 4 = 14 ... success
10: 5 + 6 + 2 = 13 ... success
11: 3 + 6 + 2 = 11 ... success
12: 2 + 3 + 6 = 11 ... success
13: 4 + 3 + 5 = 12 ... success
14: 2 + 1 + 5 = 8 ... success
15: 3 + 5 + 2 = 10 ... success
16: 6 + 1 + 6 = 13 ... success
17: 4 + 5 + 6 = 15 ... success
18: 1 + 3 + 4 = 8 ... success
19: 3 + 4 + 6 = 13 ... success
20: 2 + 1 + 3 = 6 ... success
21: 6 + 6 + 3 = 15 ... success
22: 2 + 6 + 1 = 9 ... success
23: 4 + 2 + 2 = 8 ... success
24: 3 + 4 + 6 = 13 ... success
25: 1 + 3 + 3 = 7 ... success
26: 5 + 5 + 3 = 13 ... success
27: 5 + 2 + 1 = 8 ... success
28: 3 + 6 + 2 = 11 ... success
29: 4 + 3 + 3 = 10 ... success
30: 2 + 4 + 6 = 12 ... success

One critical success, no failures, only a few succeeded with narrow margins.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 01:44 PM   #1565
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) Zybo makes Pacifica swear that someone will stay behind to blow up the bomb. Then two men carry him up towards the rear command center (...) Nichapu easily disarms the bomb.
Pacifica replies that she will do what it takes protect the ship. She also "reminds" Zybo and the others that the "traitors" (her allies) might overcome the effects of the Dreadstormers mind control soon*. After reassuring Zybo, she asks him for advice: "Were should we go? Are there others in need of our help? Are there other critical locations to ensure our success?"

When Zybo is gone, she talks to Lt. Nichapu.


We must make sure others wonít use this thing for another bomb. What should we do? Whatís the easiest solution?

* This is something Pacifica made up when she entered the room, this would help Zybo team up with the other subverted.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 09:08 AM   #1566
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
News travels fast I take it.
Most of the security you fought in the big battle came from that room, and its the one that got suspicious about all the people moving around and was lied to about all that.

Quote:
Well, I'll inform the command center that the warp core has been evacuated and the doors on the stern side of the ship have been sealed off before I head down to the vehicle bay. Then I'll look for drills:

:(
No scrounging roll needed: this is Hua's section, there are 100% drills in this room, and she knows where they are. You will need lock-picking though.


Quote:
I suppose I should check and see if the transport section is still down there; rounding them up probably critical but it probably isn't pointless either. I'll start with the quarters on the lettered (port?) side first.
yep, that's port. The vehicle bay is empty. The transportation quarters are still full with a sleeping shift and an off-duty shift.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar will get some of his security force to look out for him while he tries to convert the remaining prisoners.

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism, El Quinta Republica), All-Out Concentrate

One critical success, no failures, only a few succeeded with narrow margins.
He thinks he got almost all of them. One of them obviously successfully resisted. Their acting is just way too bad for it to be real.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica replies that she will do what it takes protect the ship. She also "reminds" Zybo and the others that the "traitors" (her allies) might overcome the effects of the Dreadstormers mind control soon*. After reassuring Zybo, she asks him for advice: "Were should we go? Are there others in need of our help? Are there other critical locations to ensure our success?"
"We need to go to the fore of the 18th deck. That's where we can survive the bomb. More weapons would be nice, but once the ship is disabled, we have succeeded. Then it will be about saving our own lives and those of the crew."



Are they actually taking him to deck 18 then?



Quote:
When Zybo is gone, she talks to Lt. Nichapu.

We must make sure others wonít use this thing for another bomb. What should we do? Whatís the easiest solution?
"Easiest? that depends. Is it easier to hope blowing it up wrong doesn't start a fire, or to just haul it to the other warheads and guard it? We'll want at least some nukes on board when we turn the ship over to the Jakorbi. I suppose since we're at the aft of the ship we could just shove it out an airlock."


Quote:
* This is something Pacifica made up when she entered the room, this would help Zybo team up with the other subverted.
Thumbs Up.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 09:42 AM   #1567
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Most of the security you fought in the big battle came from that room, and its the one that got suspicious about all the people moving around and was lied to about all that.
Oh, right. Must have had engineers blocking up doors for a redoubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
No scrounging roll needed: this is Hua's section, there are 100% drills in this room, and she knows where they are. You will need lock-picking though.
OK, let's get at those drills:
Quote:
[1127] 22-08-26 16:18:50 CEST
Lockpicking
3d6 <= 14
4 + 3 + 6 = 13 ... success
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
yep, that's port. The vehicle bay is empty. The transportation quarters are still full with a sleeping shift and an off-duty shift.
Eh... We're going to need to gather up the transport staff eventually. Might as well go for it before they get word and scatter about the ship. Let's go round them up. I'll slip inside to take them by surprise, guards to rush in shortly after.

Quote:
[1130] 22-08-26 16:32:06 CEST
IQ (for timing the guards)
3d6 <= 14
6 + 1 + 1 = 8 ... success
[1129] 22-08-26 16:31:51 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
4 + 3 + 5 = 12 ... success
[1128] 22-08-26 16:31:42 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
2 + 2 + 6 = 10 ... success
OK, looks like port went fine. If nothing wrong happened with port, I'll do the same in the starboard quarters, though I imagine the noise/guards might be noticed by the other quarters.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 02:14 PM   #1568
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

OOC: We have allies in deck 10 (command center) right? If so, Pacifica insists on having Zybo wait there. She tells him she will catch him there. She was making time to defuse the bomb and prevent others from using it to damage the ship (especially because of the escapees).

We can assume they just threw the bomb away, following Lt. Nichapuís suggestion.

So, now we should be on our way to deck 10 (to Zybo, maybe we meet midway there).
But first, how is the persecution going? Are there any traces of it?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 04:27 PM   #1569
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He thinks he got almost all of them. One of them obviously successfully resisted. Their acting is just way too bad for it to be real.
He can't leave that un-addressed, so he'll try again on that crewmen.

[1131] 22-08-30 23:25:10 CEST

Mental Surgery (repeat attempt), All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 15
4 + 4 + 3 = 11 ... success

Following that, he'll try to get back in touch with Hua and/or Pacifica to see where to focus his efforts next.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 08:52 AM   #1570
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
OOC: We have allies in deck 10 (command center) right? If so, Pacifica insists on having Zybo wait there. She tells him she will catch him there. She was making time to defuse the bomb and prevent others from using it to damage the ship (especially because of the escapees).
Yes, but Zybo knows that the deck 10 command center is compromised.


Quote:
We can assume they just threw the bomb away, following Lt. Nichapuís suggestion.
So out the airlock? that works.



Quote:
But first, how is the persecution going? Are there any traces of it?
The "persecution"? I'm not sure what word you meant there. Persecution means hostility or ill treatment for religious or political beliefs.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.