Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #51
Stripe

Default Re: [OOC] Dungeon Fantasy -- Gorefest Dungeon

I'm not sure, Dchsknight. I hate to turn someone away, but I really wanted five players and that's what we have. I'd be willing to take on a good healing-centric cleric, I think. We're posting at a pretty fast rate, too, so only apply if you can keep up. If so, you'll be the last.

Zoncxs, can you share with me your line of thinking as to why you took that maneuver instead of, say, Move and Attack? Since I'm playing tactically, I'd be a fool to attack you as there is no way I'm getting through those defenses, but... Just curious.

Ericthered, your creative and imaginative problem solving is much appreciated, and I would hate to stifle further applications of it, but I would just sit this particular combat out for the moment. Golem encounters are pretty well just brick vs brick. They have DR 4 and 30 HP. At -30 HP, they die instantly. By the time you got all the way up to the ceiling, which I described in my post as, "so high above that it disappears into shadow," and start prying on rocks, this golem is going to be dead. You're as likely to drop rubble on your two meat shields as you are a golem.

However, that doesn't mean you're of no present use in this room...
if I can't say 'I'm chaotic evil!'"? óJeff Freeman
Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #52
Stix4armz

With good support from the party, Jorek can tank these guys effectivly, but he's definitely gonna get hurt.
Stix4armz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #53
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
Zoncxs, can you share with me your line of thinking as to why you took that maneuver instead of, say, Move and Attack? Since I'm playing tactically, I'd be a fool to attack you as there is no way I'm getting through those defenses, but... Just curious.
thats why I did it, I am also playing tactically :)

the golem was to far away for me to effectively hit it (im not losing FP so quick and I am not rolling against 9) SO I moved in as much as I could and up my defense, since my dodge was lacking a little (12 normally with shield) I increased it. if you did attack I would have riposte for -3 to block (bringing it down to 9 from 12, then add Combat reflexes and shield bonus for a final score of 12) which would give the golem -3 to parry my attack while a did a committed determined rapid strike at its weapon arm, rolling a 13 each. :D
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #54
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix4armz View Post
With good support from the party, Jorek can tank these guys effectivly, but he's definitely gonna get hurt.
I should have taken shield wall training and sacrificial parry >.<

and then just used two parry shields! :D
Old 01-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #55
Stripe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix4armz View Post
You're up! Roll defense first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
thats why I did it, I am also playing tactically :)
I see! Cool.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #56
DarkForce

Quote:
I'm not sure, Dchsknight. I hate to turn someone away, but I really wanted five players and that's what we have. I'd be willing to take on a good healing-centric cleric, I think. We're posting at a pretty fast rate, too, so only apply if you can keep up. If so, you'll be the last.

Ericthered, your creative and imaginative problem solving is much appreciated, and I would hate to stifle further applications of it, but I would just sit this particular combat out for the moment. Golem encounters are pretty well just brick vs brick. They have DR 4 and 30 HP. At -30 HP, they die instantly. By the time you got all the way up to the ceiling, which I described in my post as, "so high above that it disappears into shadow," and start prying on rocks, this golem is going to be dead. You're as likely to drop rubble on your two meat shields as you are a golem.

However, that doesn't mean you're of no present use in this room...
I could do a healing centric Cleric, but you said you wanted 5 so i will not barge in. But if a spot opens let me know. In the mean time I will make that cleric.
DarkForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #57
Stripe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchsknight View Post
I could do a healing centric Cleric, but you said you wanted 5 so i will not barge in. But if a spot opens let me know. In the mean time I will make that cleric.
Great to hear! Maybe I can start another generic, combat-centric dungeon like this one.

If so, we'll need a Knight, Cleric and a Scout before rounding the party of five out with two more PC's. I'd like to see a DF Thief and Swashbuckler, too, but not necessary.

For now, recruitment for this session is closed.

Last edited by Stripe; 01-05-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #58
DarkForce

Quote:
Great to hear! Maybe I can start another generic, combat-centric dungeon like this one.

If so, we'll need a Knight, Cleric (filled) and a Scout before rounding the party of five out with two more PC's. I'd like to see a DF Thief and Swashbuckler, too, but not necessary.

For now, recruitment for this session is closed.
If you do count me in. I can fil anyone of those roles. I would not mind do theif.
DarkForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #59
Stripe

I updated the "background story" in the first post. If anyone wants something more serious, let me know and I'll just make it some standard, generic fantasy background, like an evil wizard made a dungeon and captured you or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchsknight View Post
If you do count me in. I can fil anyone of those roles. I would not mind do theif.
If you want, make a character. :)

Anyone else who can keep up and wants to play another character in another dungeon, it's fine by me. :)
Old 01-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #60
zoncxs

don't know about anyone else, but I am in light encumbrance (giving me a move of 4)