Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 05-07-2021, 12:47 PM   #11
Kieddicus

Default Re: Limits on fatigue recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
So everybody is happy with a goblin witch of ST 6 and DX 9 recharging a 14 point powerstone, 14 point mana, or 14 die missile rod every day by sleeping for six hours, taking 30 minutes to eat (and etc) and resting the other 17 and one half hours?
My calculations only allow for 12 points of mana as I require 7 hours of rest and 1 hour for all meals combined. But yes I am totally okay with this, actually I allow orcs to recover faster than normal so they can charge 19 points of mana in a day.
Kieddicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 02:58 PM   #12
RobW

Quote:
So everybody is happy with a goblin witch of ST 6 and DX 9 recharging a 14 point powerstone, 14 point mana, or 14 die missile rod every day by sleeping for six hours, taking 30 minutes to eat (and etc) and resting the other 17 and one half hours?
Yes, as thematically this is consistent with and further develops the dystopia of the goblin wizards' oppressive rule.
RobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 04:18 PM   #13
zot

Quote:
About that missile rod -- I'm curious. The RAW mentions that you can't put more than 3 ST into a missile spell but the rod description explicitly mentions a rod producing a 20-die fireball.

I'm guessing this has been covered by other threads but what's your house ruling on that? Can a rod produce more than a 3-point missile spell effect?
zot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:12 PM   #14
hcobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by zot View Post
About that missile rod -- I'm curious. The RAW mentions that you can't put more than 3 ST into a missile spell but the rod description explicitly mentions a rod producing a 20-die fireball.

I'm guessing this has been covered by other threads but what's your house ruling on that? Can a rod produce more than a 3-point missile spell effect?
Yes, missile rods are very very expensive siege weapons, that require wizards to recharge.