Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-11-2020, 09:05 AM   #161
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
All of the sudden I understand why you're talking about Clairvoyance on the GURPS forum.
I was already looking at clairvoyance before that, but when I pulled up the old sheet for angelica from March, I found a delightfully slim version of it using "normal sight". Kudos to psi wars for helping me to find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
OOC: Erick, the plan goes like this: Having the “know it all” perk, being around while passwords are entered should allow Pacifica to predict the keys (and learn them); she just needs to be around at the right place and time.

OOC: On the other hand, I think that a combination of vibration sense and her photographic memory may help her to pinpoint keystrokes in the occasion she can’t directly participate in “password events”. Think of Pacifica using her photographic memory to recall the exact picture of the pin-pad or a keyboard, then crossing this with the feed from vibration sense/sense of perception to “see” how the strokes are entered, using the know it all perk to fine tune it.

OOC: What do you think?
"Know it All" doesn't give you information you wouldn't otherwise have: it just give it to you a fraction of a second earlier. Vibration sense explicitly is not a substitute for vision: its won't tell you if your foe is holding a sword or if they are holding an axe, it certainly can't tell you which button on a pad got pushed. If you wanted that, a scanning sense would have been a better (if more expensive) choice.

Photographic memory, on the other hand, is a good choice for picking up passwords, at least the ones she can catch out of the corner of her eye.

Quote:
OOC: Also, is the Zorbani army making the gruel (to compensate for the lost food), or is this made by the Dread Stormers?
The Zorbani are making the gruel to compensate for lost food.

Quote:
OOC: I don't know if Orion or C-beams actually exist in this setting, but I let's imagine Pacifica refers to its equivalents. This phrase in allusion to Blade Runner, by the way.
Its a good story. Orion won't exist more than within a couple hundred lightyears of earth, which you certainly are not, but different constellations still exist, and stars will always look awesome (unless you're in a big city). The awesome sights for space combat here are lasers flashing on shields and blowing up missiles... or missiles blowing up on shields and ships.

As a weird wording thing: the armies fight on planets. Navies fight on ships. There is a huge gulf between them, and I've been around military people enough that it bugs me when service branches are referred to incorrectly.

Quote:
OOC: How are you handling the +2 reaction bonus to Pacifica?
Its included in the reaction rolls.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 12:33 PM   #162
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Photographic memory, on the other hand, is a good choice for picking up passwords, at least the ones she can catch out of the corner of her eye.
Understood!

Quote:
Its a good story (...) As a weird wording thing: the armies fight on planets. Navies fight on ships.
Thanks! I will take the hint about navy into account.
Old 12-18-2020, 09:41 AM   #163
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
IC: That was awesome! Why did you pick that song (Nejora), by the way?

Acting with Nejora:
3d6 <= 15
1 + 2 + 6 = 9 ... success
I'm not sure why you are rolling acting here...

Quote:
(OOC: What do you mean? Should I roll perception, then administration?)
no... a per-based administration roll is one where you base your administration roll on perception instead of IQ. In your case, I suppose it doesn't matter, because your IQ and Per are equal. If it had been Daymar, the skill would have dropped by one, because his IQ is 15 but his Per is 14. Either of the two rolls is a success though, so I'll be using the first one.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 12-18-2020, 06:15 PM   #164
Hide

Quote:
I'm not sure why you are rolling acting here..
You are right, I wanted to inject more feeling/warmth to Pacifica's words when talking to Nejora.

I will take note of this! And thanks for the exaplanation about the per-based roll.
Old 12-22-2020, 03:38 PM   #165
GnomesofZurich

When is meeting Pacifica happening? Is this now (was she some kind of sleeper agent?) or a ret-con?
Old 12-22-2020, 03:52 PM   #166
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
When is meeting Pacifica happening? Is this now (was she some kind of sleeper agent?) or a ret-con?
Its a ret-con. Its happening on that tuesday that you met (day 3), before the fire, and before Daymar had his powers.

Old 12-23-2020, 09:18 AM   #167
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Also, I'm curious: what will your online presence over the holidays look like, so we know what to expect as far as game speed? I expect to be online, but not as much.

Old 12-23-2020, 10:19 AM   #168
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Also, I'm curious: what will your online presence over the holidays look like, so we know what to expect as far as game speed? I expect to be online, but not as much.
I expect not to be online much on Christmas and possibly Boxing Day, but otherwise it should be about normal.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays, all!
Old 12-23-2020, 11:54 AM   #169
TGLS

Quote:
I got nowhere to be. Going back into lockdown on boxing day (for the little difference it will make).
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 12:27 PM   #170
Hide

Quote:
Everything will be fine from my side; I will be checking the thread as I normally do. I guess Pacifica will be collecting lots of information now that the ship will be navigating during the holidays (LOL).

Quote:
(...)Merry Christmas and happy holidays, all!
Thank you! I wish the same to you and to all of you, folks!

Quote:
Daymar thinks Pacifica's greeting is a bit odd - we're all generally aware of the others' capabilities (...)
I wanted to imply that Pacifica's powers are 100% up, despite of the drugs. I will appreciate your comments if this changes what you previously stated (IC).