Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-10-2022, 12:43 AM   #1
David Johnston2

Default GURPS Space: The Colony Government

The problem with the Colony government is that it's an item on the Special Conditions table, making it virtually impossible for a PR 4- world, ie an outpost or startup colony to randomly roll colony status, when colony status is actually extremely likely for worlds that aren't populated enough yet to be anything approximating self-sufficient.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 03:32 AM   #2
Frost

Default Re: GURPS Space: The Colony Government

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
The problem with the Colony government is that it's an item on the Special Conditions table, making it virtually impossible for a PR 4- world, ie an outpost or startup colony to randomly roll colony status, when colony status is actually extremely likely for worlds that aren't populated enough yet to be anything approximating self-sufficient.
I hadn't noticed this, mostly because I don't usually roll for government for small colonies, I tend to assign governments for small world's by eye. But now you mention it it seems rather odd.

Short of reworking the main table, which might be worth doing for other reasons, the best fix I can see would be to have an additional roll for small (say PR6-) worlds with say 12 or less automatically assigning the world colony status.
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote