Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-03-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
troyanito28

Default Munchkin Boosters

are the munchkin boosters compatible with other munchkin sets (like munchkin zombies)? Which one would be better to combine with munchkin zombies?

*suggest any good combination with munchkin zombies

Last edited by troyanito28; 07-04-2011 at 07:58 PM.
troyanito28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
SmokeRulz

Default Re: Munchkin Boosters

General rule: Any Munchkin set/booster is compatible with any other Munchkin set/booster.

However, most of the boosters are made for Fantasy (regular) Munchkin, and hence have the Fantasy Door & Treasure backs. If you're not down with that, then the exceptions are Fairy Dust and Munchkinomicon. They provide their own new decks of cards (the Fairy Dust deck and the Spells deck, respectively) and hence can easily be splashed into any Munchkin set (although the Sparkly Good Fairy herself is a Fantasy Door card). I'd recommend both, but Munchkinomicon is probably the "best fit" for Zombies.
Apocalypse: 1-2, supplements
Legends: 1
SmokeRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
bonetm

They are, in fact, all compatible. Every game of Munchkin is compatible, in theory

But most of the boosters have a back matching the Fantasy game. Because it is the most popular. The following boosters have Fantasy backs:

- The Christmas booster mix well with Zombies, specially if you have the Santa Zombie promo.

- Monster Enhancer is a good addition if you want a slightly more difficult game. But probably not the best choice.

- Reloaded is not good, unless you want to add the Reloaded Die card. It comes with Race and Class enhancers, that don't do anything with Zombie's Mojos.

These, of course, have backs matching their respective games: Starships and Fish and Ships. Since they add to the mechanics of these games, they don't blend well.

Now, Munchkinomicon has a completely different mechanics and can be added to any game, since all of the cards have their own back and form a different pile. It is probably the best option for any player using a non-Fantasy game.

Fairy Dust is similar, with the exception of one card: The Sparkly Good Fairy is a monster with Fantasy back. In this case, this card can stand-out, and that could be a problem, because of the rules of the SGF card. But this can be solved with sleeves.

Of course, if you are actually using sleeves, than the back doesn't matter at all, and any one could be added for a very bizarre, yet fun game.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:38 AM   #4
troyanito28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonetm View Post
- The Christmas booster mix well with Zombies, specially if you have the Santa Zombie promo.
where can i get the santa zombie promo?
troyanito28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #5
bonetm

If you go to any convention or MIB-sanctioned event near your area. Also, on Warehouse 23 orders a lot of promo stuff is send. But this is random, you could get another thing entirely.

There's also the Trade Post, elsewhere on the forums, where there is constantly someone willing to trade promo cards.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #6
morleydotes
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonetm View Post
They are, in fact, all compatible. Every game of Munchkin is compatible, in theory
However Adding Space Ships or Fish and Ships to GBM or Impossible is very, very weird.

Pat
morleydotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:31 AM   #7
whitecloud197

Revive :-0

I also have a question regaurding "Mixing" Sets....

I know there are Munchkin Blender Booster packs out there I have never bought one, what are they used for exactly ?

And when you mix sets...is all you do shuffle the cards together

Fantasy Munchkin and Munchkin Booty for example. ?

What combos do you players recommend that you have had success with ?
whitecloud197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #8
RL

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud197 View Post
I know there are Munchkin Blender Booster packs out there I have never bought one, what are they used for exactly ?
Munchkin Blender is no longer in print. It was intended to be used when blending together different core sets, and it has a unique purple and white color scheme for the backs. The cards in Munchkin Blender have been reprinted, with fantasy-theme backs, as Munchkin 7: Cheat With Both Hands.

Quote:
And when you mix sets...is all you do shuffle the cards together
Yes
Old 07-10-2011, 04:02 PM   #9
whitecloud197

Really ? I had no idea they got re printed....

Good to know.

Thanks for the update.
whitecloud197 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
booster, combine, zombies