Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-16-2020, 07:01 PM   #51
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
He'll nod towards the washroom, and head over there to empty his mouth, and then return to the table and try to find something else to eat that would not be contaminated.
He can eat the fruit and the leaf if he wants, but otherwise this meal is pretty self-contained... He's hit the bathroom right after eating twice in a row though, which is a touch risky. He needs to avoid one more meal before his powers start to return.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 07:47 PM   #52
GnomesofZurich

Okay, one more meal...do I have any idea how quickly my powers will return?

What is for supper?
Old 08-18-2020, 12:02 PM   #53
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

You'll receive your powers back at the rate of 1% per two hours. I think that's 3 points every 2 hours. Alternative abilities may be used at the level of recovery. Stunts may be used to improvise abilities, or possibly to boost your power.

Dinner tonight is noodles fried in a dark sauce with some sort of reconstituted light meat and fried long dark vegetables. The suppressor is most likely in the noodles.

That will be your last sunday meal. The meet-up is on tuesday.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 08-20-2020, 07:53 AM   #54
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Meanwhile, Hua Cheung has gotten an assignment in transportation. They've been busy moving goods all over the ship. They are quartered on floor 2, and the women bunk in the most forward and starboard room of the loft above the vehicle bay.

Her "buddy" is Botha Thujivor, a tall and bulky woman who speaks slowly but moves quickly, and has a poor notion of personal space. The two of them are constantly moving things about the ship, mostly metallic hydrogen blocks. Botha tries to follow the rules pretty exactly. It would be obnoxious even if Hua wasn't an enemy agent.

I need a job roll for each of:
freight handling
driving
Saviore-Faire (military)

Old 08-20-2020, 10:17 AM   #55
TGLS

Quote:
[20] 20-08-20 17:05:35 CEST
And let's make sure we look good doing it. (Savoir Faire)
3d6 2 + 1 + 2 = 5

[19] 20-08-20 17:03:20 CEST
Now drive the forklift. (Driving)
3d6 4 + 1 + 2 = 7

[18] 20-08-20 17:02:46 CEST
Right, let's load these bricks. (Freight Handling)
3d6 2 + 5 + 4 = 11
Right, that seemed to go over fairly well. Any unusual cargo delivered? Let's keep an eye out for anything interesting.

Quote:
[21] 20-08-20 18:16:14 CEST
Let's keep an eye out for anything interesting (Observation)
3d6 5 + 5 + 4 = 14
Well that didn't go so well.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 05:04 AM   #56
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You'll receive your powers back at the rate of 1% per two hours. I think that's 3 points every 2 hours. Alternative abilities may be used at the level of recovery. Stunts may be used to improvise abilities, or possibly to boost your power.

Dinner tonight is noodles fried in a dark sauce with some sort of reconstituted light meat and fried long dark vegetables. The suppressor is most likely in the noodles.

That will be your last sunday meal. The meet-up is on tuesday.
Day braces himself for another run at the mess. He is going to try to surreptitiously trip another diner walking by with a tray of food, and use the mess to dump his own at least partially on himself, and then rush off to clean himself up.
Old 08-21-2020, 05:48 AM   #57
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Working with an awkward stickler for the rules is a great way to look good. Hua is commended during the ship's loading for performing her duties to the T.

Most of the cargo is the metallic bricks, but Hua quickly identifies a few interesting locations: where they are keeping the rocket warheads (both sheild-breaking and nuclear) (near the missiles), where they keep the spare parts for various reactor components and computers, And where they keep the weapons (near the morale section barracks).*

She also identifies a few places where people will start congregating informally on the ship, as the hydrogen bricks are removed.

Transporters move a lot of cargo in the first few days, and after the ship jumps into hyperspace, they get a much appreciated slow-down in the work.

Does Hua want to do anything for dreadstorming before the meet-up on tuesday?

*many of these locations are gnerally standard, but the exact location moves around.

Old 08-21-2020, 11:33 AM   #58
TGLS

Hm...

Surely even if I could steal and conceal a weapon, they'd just tear the place apart looking for it. Getting non-tainted food should be a priority; maybe someone else has a stash of contraband? Failing that, could I try lifting food and doctoring the records? I imagine that I could destroy the flour supply for the whole ship (flour is big and heavy), but that the supplemental pills are probably better secured. And they would probably be more closely monitored...

So in summary:
Would stealing a weapon cause a mass search?
Could I manage to find someone who has their own stash of contraband food?
Do I have access to the food or flour storage?
How about the supplemental pills?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 06:05 AM   #59
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Day braces himself for another run at the mess. He is going to try to surreptitiously trip another diner walking by with a tray of food, and use the mess to dump his own at least partially on himself, and then rush off to clean himself up.
I'll need:
a DX+2 roll to dump the food on the collision properly
An acting roll to make it look convincing
An influence roll to leave the scene in comparatively good graces

Old 08-22-2020, 07:10 AM   #60
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hm...

Surely even if I could steal and conceal a weapon, they'd just tear the place apart looking for it. Getting non-tainted food should be a priority; maybe someone else has a stash of contraband? Failing that, could I try lifting food and doctoring the records? I imagine that I could destroy the flour supply for the whole ship (flour is big and heavy), but that the supplemental pills are probably better secured. And they would probably be more closely monitored...

So in summary:
Would stealing a weapon cause a mass search?
Could I manage to find someone who has their own stash of contraband food?
Do I have access to the food or flour storage?
How about the supplemental pills?
The food is spread over three locations in the ship: around around F on floor 19, C on floor 18, and D on floor 17. Its in the tighter blue box sets. getting access to it is not a problem.

Finding someone else's stash of contraband food is fairly easy for someone in transport, while it might take a while. But as Daymar is discovering, its not about what you eat, its about avoiding the mandatory mealtimes. Though having access to extra food can help.

The supplemental pills are harder to access mostly because they are spread out over more locations, and they're actually behind locks, unlike the food. the food stores have them, each kitchen has them, the morale section has a stash, and the officer's quarters has a backup stash.

If a weapon is noticed missing, it will probably trigger a search, but exact circumstances vary. The other thing it can do is put the ship on high alert for dreadstormers.
There are three kinds of weapons to think about:
  • Those that are assigned to security. These are used every day.
  • Those that are part of the general armory. These are inventoried once a shift, but there are around 2,000 of them, so its a quick check. They are arranged in racks of 10, so if you can make a rack look full when its not, you may be able to keep the theft a secret
  • The Personal backup weapons of officers and security. These are kept by individuals, usually in rooms or lockers, and some are not be checked for a long time. These are more difficult to identify though, and some are used on a daily basis.