Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-21-2022, 08:10 PM   #1
UncleDan

Default GURPS: Everything

Over several years, I compiled a list of every item, with almost every modification to items from GURPS 4e. It's a list of about 165,000 in an 11 MB excel file. I find it great for random items.

It also includes a list of every creature, template, and vehicle I could find in every supplement official or not.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...XTZ1eN9uoZ6p0g

This contains a lot of things found in copyrighted books in a place not in those books. So if this has any legality issues or steps on any toes, I'll be happy to delete this file.

I later adapted this list into a more functional and applied list for a Fallout game. If there's interest, I can post that as well as an excel table that auto-calculates collisions.

Last edited by UncleDan; 02-01-2022 at 06:05 AM. Reason: edited to have current link
UncleDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:07 AM   #2
Pursuivant

Default Re: GURPS: Everything

This is sort of where I was going with my big spreadsheet of Random Things to Lift and Smash, but I deliberately didn't publish any stat except weight, which was necessary to calculate nominal HP values.

A public index which just lists item names, sourcebook, and page number probably counts as being acceptable fan-made material to support the game. Retaining weights and prices in the public version pushes the limits of fan tribute vs. rip-off. Including further information about items or traits probably goes to far.

Last edited by Pursuivant; 01-22-2022 at 06:58 AM.
Pursuivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:09 PM   #3
UncleDan

Alright. I'll remove the file.
Old 01-23-2022, 03:06 AM   #4
Pursuivant

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDan View Post
Alright. I'll remove the file.
No! No need to go that far. Just scrub the lines which provide specific rules for specific items. Having a "Grand Unified Index" of specific advantages, items, etc. is incredibly useful and certainly counts as "fair use."
Pursuivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:04 AM   #5
Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
No! No need to go that far. Just scrub the lines which provide specific rules for specific items. Having a "Grand Unified Index" of specific advantages, items, etc. is incredibly useful and certainly counts as "fair use."
Oh yes just a list where and in which GURPS Books, Supplements and Pyramids is which content is incredible useful. Say you want to search for ships, you can either spend hours searching your stuff, ask the forums and / or the wiki, or you check such a list and see which ships where in which GURPS product. Same goes for templates, lenses, weapons and such.

A Grand Unified Index helps is also useful in the planing of further purchases for gamers. GURPS is on the market for a very long time and besides SJG only few players have a overview about that.

Making such a list by yourself takes hours or whole workdays depending how much stuff you own, even if you have bought everything digital. I remember sitting on the floor having a bunch of paper books at my feet , my computer running, not to mention several printed stuff, just to plan a campaign. Campaign planning is mostly fun, but with so much stuff it can often be a burden to find what you need.

Pursuivant is quite right with deleting the specific rules and stats from your file, because once you know the stats for a frigate or weapon completely you neednīt to buy the book or PDF anymore, and SJG is living from selling this stuff.
Willy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 05:02 PM   #6
UncleDan

Sorry, I've been away for a bit. I uploaded a new edited version. I removed a few of the tabs and a lot of the crunchier columns of data. If there's anything still amiss let me know. I feel like this might hamper its utility as a random item list, but eh.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...0g?usp=sharing

Anyone know how I could just convert it to google sheets?
Old 04-11-2022, 07:57 AM   #7
jwalton99

I'm really interested in the Fallout list you mentioned.
jwalton99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 08:41 AM   #8
Anaraxes

Quote:
Anyone know how I could just convert it to google sheets?
Sheets can import Excel files. See Files/Import in the main menu.

(I've done so a couple of times, but can't vouch for its thoroughness with complex spreadsheets or the latest and greatest Microsoft additions to the format. Worked fine for my simple cases.)
Anaraxes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 08:55 AM   #9
maximara
On Notice

Quote:
Over several years, I compiled a list of every item, with almost every modification to items from GURPS 4e. It's a list of about 165,000 in an 11 MB excel file. I find it great for random items.

It also includes a list of every creature, template, and vehicle I could find in every supplement official or not.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...XTZ1eN9uoZ6p0g

This contains a lot of things found in copyrighted books in a place not in those books. So if this has any legality issues or steps on any toes, I'll be happy to delete this file.

I later adapted this list into a more functional and applied list for a Fallout game. If there's interest, I can post that as well as an excel table that auto-calculates collisions.
Great list. At over 16,000 items it must have taken a long time to create.
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 09:24 AM   #10
Anaraxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximara View Post
At over 16,000 items it must have taken a long time to create.
About ten times as long as you think, even... I'm still a bit stunned at the work it must have taken to collate.
Anaraxes is online now   Reply With Quote