Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 General Discussion

Old 05-11-2014, 08:08 AM   #1
Joseph Paul
Custom User Title

Default Password reset

Is any part of the Warehouse23 Password Reset protocol automated? If so what would keep it from sending a reset email or prevent me from receiving one?

Doh! Wrong Forum?

Last edited by Joseph Paul; 05-11-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Joseph Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:44 AM   #2
brandonm
Cybernetic Overlord, Protector of the Fairness, Ebliberator of Stealage & Grand Purveyor of Laser Cats

Default Re: Password reset

Yes it is automated (like just about every other password reset feature out there).

Things that stop you from receiving the emails:

1. Your email client or provider's spam, junk or sorting features.

2. The information you give the form is not valid for your actual account.

3. A glitch in the storage system.

I've ranked them in order of likelihood as to the cause, based on the CS issues I've resolved personally or seen for our site.

For #1, there's nothing we can do to affect your filters on your email. This simply requires looking in places other than your Inbox or examining your current settings to make sure messages from us are getting through properly.

For #2, you can contact us and let us know you are still having trouble. We can easily verify if the information you are entering into the form is valid or not.

#3 is much rarer, but still possible. I can count those cases on one hand and still be able to point up at checking #1 and #2 from the list above as the probable cause of any password reset issues.
brandonm is online now   Reply With Quote