Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
RogerBacon

Default Questions on disarm skill

If I have a disarm(judo) of 15- and try to disarm as sword from someone it gets -2 for non-disarming weapon and -4 from weapon size, right? Then if I hit and the defender fails a defense roll do I get the same penalties in the quick contest afterwards? It is confusing to me.
RogerBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
Diomedes

Default Re: Questions on disarm skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBacon View Post
If I have a disarm(judo) of 15- and try to disarm as sword from someone it gets -2 for non-disarming weapon and -4 from weapon size, right? Then if I hit and the defender fails a defense roll do I get the same penalties in the quick contest afterwards? It is confusing to me.
The -2 for a non-fencing weapon is for the weapon you're using, not the one you're trying to knock away. The ensuing Quick Contest is unpenalized on both sides, though you get +2 of you're using Jitte/Sai or Whip, and the defender gets +2 if he's holding his weapon in both hands.
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
RogerBacon

Default Re: Questions on disarm skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
The -2 for a non-fencing weapon is for the weapon you're using, not the one you're trying to knock away. The ensuing Quick Contest is unpenalized on both sides, though you get +2 of you're using Jitte/Sai or Whip, and the defender gets +2 if he's holding his weapon in both hands.
Thanks. I didn't know the quick contest was unpenalized. That makes disarming much more doable.
RogerBacon is offline   Reply With Quote