Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2019, 09:51 AM   #1
FeiLin

Default ... for an elf

Let's say there's a race that has a binary* advantage/disadvantage, but I want to emphasise that this particular character is "even more" of this. If it's negating the racial trait, it's just a matter of having the "anti-advantage/-disadvantage", but to increase it would you let the character take it again and let it stack (even though it's not allowed per RAW), do you invent a new ad/disad to increase it "in spirit", do you simply forbid it, or how would you solve it?

Say for instance a race has High Pain Threshold (some brutish Orc race, for instance), but I want to have the most fearsome Orc warrior around, and the human equivalents would have High Pain Threshold to explain why the individual has excelled where normal specimens have not (in the arena, in bar brawls, etc). It's technically stackable, so what would you say about this example and more generally?

* By binary, I mean either you have it, or you don't, like Catfall, not a discrete multi-level feature like Appearance or semi-continuous like Night Vision. I don't know if there are any established words for that in this context.
FeiLin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advantages, races, racial templates