Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2021, 03:19 PM   #571
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
That would be fraternizing (...)
Oh, I understand. Then we could “case” the nav-chief and have Day catch him using this information; what would you need?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 03:25 PM   #572
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
So it has. I'm not really sure what situation Daymar finds himself in at the moment. This game hasn't really been holding my interest as much as it did in the early days of the game.

Right now you are discussing the next course of action with your teammates in a secret meeting on Deck 5. They are suggesting the best route for taking over the ship is to first mind control a single officer (specifically head of navigation, who they hope pacifica can funnel to your location), and then use him to invite the team into the officer's quarters, where you can mind control the officer corp.



It has also been suggested that the time to sabotage the engine is now: Pacifica thinks that when the ship reaches the supply depot they will have more resources to use against you, including flour reserves, calling for help, and the possibility of extra personnel.



Are you for or against those two actions in the next few days?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 10:29 AM   #573
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Right now you are discussing the next course of action with your teammates in a secret meeting on Deck 5. They are suggesting the best route for taking over the ship is to first mind control a single officer (specifically head of navigation, who they hope pacifica can funnel to your location), and then use him to invite the team into the officer's quarters, where you can mind control the officer corp.

It has also been suggested that the time to sabotage the engine is now: Pacifica thinks that when the ship reaches the supply depot they will have more resources to use against you, including flour reserves, calling for help, and the possibility of extra personnel.

Are you for or against those two actions in the next few days?
Daymar is game for both of those actions to occur. It what was a long time ago that he identified the way to disable the engines, but I think it was just a Mechanic (Stardrive) roll to do so, right?

[386] 21-03-23 17:29:09 CET

Mechanic (Stardrive) to disable engines

3d6 <= 14
2 + 5 + 4 = 11 ... success

I've only got a few minutes now, I'll be back on this evening to deal with the other parts of the plan.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 11:07 PM   #574
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

This is Pacifica's observation, for the matter of "casing" the Nav-Chief:

Pacifica (Observation):
3d6 <= 14
6 + 1 + 4 = 11 ... success
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:21 AM   #575
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Mechanic (Stardrive) to disable engines
It takes a little bit of patience to see the right moment, but Daymar finds the right time, and makes a small adjustment to the plasma emitters. With-in a day, a feedback vibration force the ship to drop out of hyperspace into some utterly empty void and reset the field protecting the ship from hyperspace. That will cost the ship at least a day of travel time, and maybe more.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
This is Pacifica's observation, for the matter of "casing" the Nav-Chief:
As a reminder on who this guy is (back from post 344):
Quote:
... The one you do see regularly is Commander Zybo, the head of the navigation section, and the officer for your shift. Commander Zybo has a scar on his cheek from a bar fight he got into as a young and hot-headed officer: its no secret he is a big supporter of the Malu, and seems to buy into the religious aspects of their imperial cult. He's half Malu himself....

Commander Zybo doesn't have terribly predictable habits. He arrives at various times, sometimes stay late, and leaves in different directions. He does like to eat his lunch at exactly 13:15 heading off to the officer's quarters, but that only happens about half of the time: the rest of the time he is late.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 12:20 AM   #576
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) Commander Zybo doesn't have terribly predictable habits. He arrives at various times, sometimes stay late, and leaves in different directions. He does like to eat his lunch at exactly 13:15 heading off to the officer's quarters, but that only happens about half of the time: the rest of the time he is late.
Thank you Erick.

Pacifica shares this information with her team during the meeting.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:13 AM   #577
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
It takes a little bit of patience to see the right moment, but Daymar finds the right time, and makes a small adjustment to the plasma emitters. With-in a day, a feedback vibration force the ship to drop out of hyperspace into some utterly empty void and reset the field protecting the ship from hyperspace. That will cost the ship at least a day of travel time, and maybe more.
Well if we're mixing meeting and ops, should I do my casing of the parts store now? I was planning on the opposite order (i.e. break some key part -> sabotage the ship).


Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Commander Zybo doesn't have terribly predictable habits. He arrives at various times, sometimes stay late, and leaves in different directions. He does like to eat his lunch at exactly 13:15 heading off to the officer's quarters, but that only happens about half of the time: the rest of the time he is late.
"This could be a little tricky, should we find another target or do a more extensive casing?"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 03:33 PM   #578
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar responds, "50:50 odds of catching Zybo at lunch time aren't bad, that would be a good time to try it."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 06:04 PM   #579
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
(...)"This could be a little tricky, should we find another target or do a more extensive casing?"
I can do electronic voice phenomena. I can speak through the radio without using my voice; if we had a radio, I could give you a heads up.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 08:09 AM   #580
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well if we're mixing meeting and ops, should I do my casing of the parts store now? I was planning on the opposite order (i.e. break some key part -> sabotage the ship).
Yes, lets do that.

So Daymar has set up a resonance in the hyperspace bubble that will force them to drop out of hyperspace to avoid damage to the field manipulator. The parts that will need maintenance are a few of the plasma emitters, and some of the ship's magnetic field generators (the massive magnetic generators that double as power lines and give strength and structure to both the hyperspace bubble and the shields). Parts you could sabotage to make this process slower:
  • Replacement plasma emmiter nozzels. This will force them (sheilds and select parts of the drive crew) to repair/clean the existing ones.
  • The High Precision High Voltage Meters. There aren't a ton of them, but they're used regularly. They're scattered between shields, power, weapon maint, and drive, but being down even a few of them will slow down the repair work. It will also make half the ship annoyed at each other as they jocky for possession of the remaining HPHV meters.
  • Hide/Loose/Damage the special solder used to work with the magnetic field generators.
I'm open to suggestions of parts that could be sabotaged to stop the maintenance of those two things.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.