Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 12-13-2019, 03:03 PM   #11
Phantasm

Default Re: Which of these technologies would be the HARDESt for a scientist in Star Wars to

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorevilbrain View Post
I don't know why they call him baby Yoda. The Mandalorian takes place after The Return of the Jedi, which is after Yoda died. I have no idea why George Lucas won't tell anyone what species Yoda is.
Because he's a 50 year old toddler of "Yoda's Species" (the closest approximation to a name that species has ever been given, excepting fanfiction sites). That's why they call him "Baby Yoda".

As for why Lucas won't, your guess is as good as mine. I can only think that Lucas doesn't want to give them a name.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:17 AM   #12
The Colonel

Default Re: Which of these technologies would be the HARDESt for a scientist in Star Wars to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
Because he's a 50 year old toddler of "Yoda's Species" (the closest approximation to a name that species has ever been given, excepting fanfiction sites). That's why they call him "Baby Yoda".

As for why Lucas won't, your guess is as good as mine. I can only think that Lucas doesn't want to give them a name.
Possibly, based on the rumours of the original creative process, he thought one up, the original Mrs. Lucas told him that it was ridiculous and not to be such a damned fool and he never tried again. Rumour has it she blue pencilled a lot of really bad ideas from the original trilogy.

Speaking of mysteries of the StarWars universe, did anyone ever figure out why Wookies appear to be the only sapients excused clothes? Everything else, no matter how hairy, at least wears pants but wookies…? It's sort of like the Pluto/Goofy thing … they're both dogs but...
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 08:28 AM   #13
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
Rumour has it she blue pencilled a lot of really bad ideas from the original trilogy.
That explains the remasters. And the prequels. Huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
Speaking of mysteries of the StarWars universe, did anyone ever figure out why Wookies appear to be the only sapients excused clothes? Everything else, no matter how hairy, at least wears pants but wookies…? It's sort of like the Pluto/Goofy thing … they're both dogs but...
Perhaps with all the other species the fur does a poor job of covering up their naughty bits? Also, clothing on fur may not be very comfortable, and the last thing you want is a (more) irritated wookie. That would explain why the galaxy at large tolerates wookies running around in their birthday suits. To be able to manage it from a physical standpoint, given the wide range of planetary temperatures (from Tatooine to Hoth), they must have amazing thermoregulation.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:41 AM   #14
Phantasm

Senator Grebleips and his Green Planet delegation in the Senate during Phantom Menace also didn't wear pants....

(but then, those three were an easter egg anyway.)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 02:44 PM   #15
Irish Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
That explains the remasters. And the prequels. Huh.
Reportedly, that also altered the scripts and final movies enough that she was no longer entitled to royalties. If true, that's a whole new level of petty.

As for technologies, this is a movie series in which a pair of space wizards was dispatched to clear up a trade dispute. Pretty much everything's on the table - it doesn't have to relate to what you've seen before, or even make a lick of sense, really.

If you break the laws of God, you go to Hell.

If you break the laws of Physics, you go to Sweden and receive a Nobel Prize.
Irish Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sci fi, science, science fiction, star wars, technology