Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-02-2021, 05:24 PM   #21
Willy

Default Re: [IW] A Question About Campaign Tech Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
Detailing of jobs is somewhat spotty in the fourth edition, in part because the rules in the Basic Set cover most cases generically. But there are job lists in a few books, including GURPS Fantasy, GURPS Banestorm, and especially a whole chapter on them in GURPS Low-Tech Companion 3. I don't think there's much for high- or ultra-tech, though I would be happy to learn of some.
Thanks, sadly I own all of the mentioned books and supplements, there are also some job templates in space, ultra-tech, fantasy and infinite worlds and some DLCs like urban magics, but most show no income, instead you have to read through the template and search for wealth related ads / disads. No templates, after a quick look, are in magic, thaumaturgy and high-tech. I have to admit, that I feel the 4th Ed, is sorely lacking in this point.
Best thing you can do, if you canīt find a fitting template, to take a look at the 3rd Ed job tables and convert them into 4th Ed. , which of course has some rough edges, and is a bit of work. There are also some fan made job tables mostly for medieval ages, a good deal of them is covered in the 3rd low-tech supplement for the 4th Ed.
Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 05:31 PM   #22
Sorenant

Default Re: [IW] A Question About Campaign Tech Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Is there somewhere a general list of 4th Ed. jobs over the TLs and there status / payment ?
Basic pp.516-517 comes closest, and I think it's the best we can have.
It's hard, if not impossible, to make a comprehensive list of payment per job. For example, you can't say a "Physician" earns $X per month because a GP in a rural town will not earn the same as a neurosurgeon in a large city.
Sorenant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
infinite worlds, tech level