Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-12-2014, 04:40 PM   #61
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter eats his tasteless food almost as quickly as Goliath. The long morning of walking and his breakfast coming so late leaving him ravenous.

He is about to ask Rider to return him to normal, but stops, deciding to stay this way a bit longer. His denial had been shattered, but things still did not seem real. The world seemed so different with his senses and body the way they had been altered, that his sub-conscious mind, still in shock, told him to cling to the strange sensations as another buffer from the reality of his situation.

"I dunno Rider" Peter says out loud in a pleasant tone, while looking at Goliath. His words for Rider, but their tone and direction to engage his pet. "Last night was pretty standard, other than how I woke up. I've got a crazy uncle who escaped from the nut house. Don't I Goliath, Does that count?" He says to the big dog as he scratches it's neck (he's careful not to harm Goliath with his claws in the process).
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #62
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: "A crazy uncle? what kind of crazy? did he ever turn up anywhere naked?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #63
the_matrix_walker

"I'm not sure... I remember he used to tell me the most fantastic stories, and that he seemed to tell them like they were real. He was put in the hospital, then one night he vanished without a trace... I don't remember anything about him running around naked though."
Old 03-13-2014, 03:38 PM   #64
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: "That's... quite a mystery. Maybe you have a chance: that's certainly not how most people end up here. What about the dog? anything funny about him?"

Rider: "If you and the dog are quite ready, lets set off for town. Though, we do need at least a story for as why you took off your pants--- I wouldn't tell them that you simply lost them in the transit: its not normal and they have a superstitious streak"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #65
the_matrix_walker

"No, there's nothing weird about Goliath... Sure, I'm ready to go... I'll just tell them I took a swim in the river and my clothes pile fell in and the current took them away. That seems like it could happen."
Old 03-14-2014, 09:28 AM   #66
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Much of the rest of that day is spent travelling. Rider offers to give graham endurance and speed for part of the journey. If he accepts it, he will make it to the town by noon, if not, he'll arrive in the afternoon.

Rider transforms him back to himself, and reminds him to lie about his clothes, and to not mention Rider, even if they ask directly.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:40 PM   #67
the_matrix_walker

Peter allows Rider to help his journey, and pesters him with questions the whole trip. "Why would they be upset about you? Are there many spirits like you? Have your people done anything to them?"
Old 03-17-2014, 08:01 AM   #68
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"There are a number of spirits like me. We share a common history and a common fate. They refer to us as demons. The origonal inhabitants prefer the term 'evil spirit'. I'm afraid in the past some of us have meddled with their societies, and some of us have much less self-control than myself. Some of my fellows have gone on a killing rampage. I can only assume they are mad from their isolation. Not to mention the local beliefs even before they met us weren't exactly friendly to spirits that grant powers to those they accompany."

Old 03-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #69
the_matrix_walker

'The same fate, huh? What would have happened to you if I hadn't come along?'
Old 03-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #70
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"We're all stuck with our body in one place and our conciseness in another, unable to move much, let alone influence the world. I suppose its the life that a tree or a even a squirrel experiences, but when you have an intelligence like ours, full of the need to speak and interact and be part of something, and lives like ours, living centuries ... its a terrible fate."

Tags
lost in dreams