Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-03-2021, 07:33 AM   #211
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Telrith is keeping a careful eye on the expected volley. If he does not expect a volley this turn, he will advance at move 3. If he expects a volley, he will take all out defense (double) and move a single step forward.

The elementals are moving forward at move 4 regardless.

This should work as instructions for the turn 4 instructions I think you wanted me to confirm (which would be move 3 yards forward), and for the turn five instructions (which would be slowing down to receive the volley with all out defense (double)).

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:10 AM   #212
Hide

Bain prepares to shoot at the foliage/woods where the enemies are taking cover; the arrow is intended to land behind them so the fire starts and pushes the targets toward the charging adventurers.

Bain aims for 1 turn with an AOA.

Shooting: SL 14, (15-4-1+1+2+1: range, cinder, aim bonus, acc bonus and AOA).

His defensive strategy remains the same, Bain is crouched and behind cover (-4 to hit plus range and camouflage penalties).
Old 05-03-2021, 12:16 PM   #213
ajardoor

Vic, you are up to bat.
Old 05-03-2021, 02:57 PM   #214
vicious Violence

Vic continues moving behind the Elementals, at the same pace being sure to be behind their cover, sword at the ready to parry any arrows, with the same strategy as the previous turn.

The plan is to execute each archer, one by one, using the Elementals as cover/damage dealers when in close proximity.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 01:37 AM   #215
ajardoor

I believe Vic, Telrith and the elementals are less than 6 yards away from the archers now?
Old 05-04-2021, 07:07 AM   #216
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
I believe Vic, Telrith and the elementals are less than 6 yards away from the archers now?

I never got a firm answer on the starting distances. The elementals should be substantially in front of Telrith though: they have moved 1 extra yard every turn except maybe the first and second, and last turn they moved three yards ahead of him.

You said the archers scattered and spread out? How far apart is each one. How many are there left? A short summary of everyone's combat positions would do us good.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 05-04-2021, 09:38 AM   #217
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I never got a firm answer on the starting distances. The elementals should be substantially in front of Telrith though: they have moved 1 extra yard every turn except maybe the first and second, and last turn they moved three yards ahead of him.

You said the archers scattered and spread out? How far apart is each one. How many are there left? A short summary of everyone's combat positions would do us good.
I second ericthered, to decide which archer to attack and from what angle to not become a porcupine of arrows.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 01:57 PM   #218
ajardoor

Quote:

They started effectively 20 yards away (not taking the 25 yards of elevation into account). On turn 2, they Moved another 6 yards. Each archer is behind a tree now - at least 2 or 3 yards apart from each other (to the left or right).
Old 05-04-2021, 02:20 PM   #219
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

My movement calculations:
Quote:
round 1
telrith and elementals at origin ("foxhole"... which I will point out is not an actual foxhole)
round 2
telrith at +1 yard (OOD)
elementals at +4 yards
round 3
telrith at +4 yards
elementals at +8 yards
round 4
telrith at +7 yards
elementals at +12 yards
round 5
telrith at +8 yards (OOD)
elementals at +16 yards.

Remember Telrith is wearing heavy armor and carrying a +3 DB shield. He moves rather slowly. Also, the earth elementals are not worrying about arrows, so they're moving more quickly.

With 8 (? I haven't been counting kills) foes left and 2.5 yards between them, they are spread out in a line 20 yards long. Was the move of 6 yards mostly back, forward, or sideways? Also, are we headed for the left, right, or center of that line?

Old 05-05-2021, 01:50 AM   #220
ajardoor

Quote:
With 8 (? I haven't been counting kills) foes left and 2.5 yards between them, they are spread out in a line 20 yards long. Was the move of 6 yards mostly back, forward, or sideways? Also, are we headed for the left, right, or center of that line?
Technically, 9 foes left, but one is crippled.
The 6 yards Move was mostly back, some diagonal sideways.

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, fantasy, magic, martial arts