Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-19-2020, 12:21 PM   #71
GnomesofZurich

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post

"It is your patriotic duty to eat that slop." This is something that is watched closely.
Okay, this has me stumped. It's a sensible precaution, but I'm not sure how we get our psi-powers back when we're forced to eat the psi-suppressant contaminated food. if I had my powers, I could Mental Surgery people to be Incurious or to have a Delusion that Day is eating the food, but I need to not eat the 'slop' for a while to do so.

It shouldn't be easy to work around, since it's to prevent this exact situation, but surely we were given some suggestions of how to get around it during our training?
Old 07-20-2020, 07:24 AM   #72
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Okay, this has me stumped. It's a sensible precaution, but I'm not sure how we get our psi-powers back when we're forced to eat the psi-suppressant contaminated food. if I had my powers, I could Mental Surgery people to be Incurious or to have a Delusion that Day is eating the food, but I need to not eat the 'slop' for a while to do so.

It shouldn't be easy to work around, since it's to prevent this exact situation, but surely we were given some suggestions of how to get around it during our training?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Official tactical options include intentionally making yourself vomit, (either faking illness, actually making yourself sick, or vomiting discretely) and interfering with the food supplies to remove the drug, either for the entire ship, or for just your mess.
Expanding on this, more detailed options would be:

Intentionally go to the ships sewage and eat poo. You will probably get sick, and you'll probably vomit for a day, which will mostly clean the drug out of your system

Just fake being sick, go to the ship's toilets, and make yourself vomit up the food by sticking your finger up your throat. Or do that without being sick, though you'll need a way to through your buddy off of your trail.

Find a way to destroy the ship's flour supplies. Perhaps by arranging an accident where it gets wet and spoils. Then swap the supplemental drug pills with other pills that look similar. or destroy them. This causes suspicion that a dreadstormer is on board, but until they drop out of hyperspace and get supplies from another ship or planet, there isn't much that can be done.

Swap the flour with some other powder, probably for just your mess. You may need to do the same for the pills as well.

None of these options are long-term, but as you said, you can use your powers to fix the long-term situation. Also, you can abuse Pothi's dinner arrangements with the sheild mess to lie to each group about where you ate the patriotic slop.

I hope that helps...

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:14 AM   #73
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinzarious View Post
You've been quiet recently. Can I help you with something?

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 08-07-2020, 10:32 AM   #74
Kalzazz

Have really enjoyed reading this as it goes especially how you actually describe the food!
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:10 AM   #75
GnomesofZurich

I note that Sinzarious hasn't posted in the game since July 15, and hasn't been active on the forum since July 23; a pm I sent to him has also gone unanswered. That means this may have become a single-player game.

I'm fine with continuing like this and am looking forward to ditching the suppressants sufficiently to be able to use my powers, but would it be a good idea to recruit for a replacement? If Kalzazz is reading, might he want to join as a player?
Old 08-08-2020, 09:18 AM   #76
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I note that Sinzarious hasn't posted in the game since July 15, and hasn't been active on the forum since July 23; a pm I sent to him has also gone unanswered. That means this may have become a single-player game.

I'm fine with continuing like this and am looking forward to ditching the suppressants sufficiently to be able to use my powers, but would it be a good idea to recruit for a replacement? If Kalzazz is reading, might he want to join as a player?
I also sent him a pm a few days ago, without response.

I am very much enjoying this game, and I'd prefer for it to have multiple player characters, but I'm up to continue. I'll go looking for a player to build and add a character or take over valford.

The good news is this is a great time in the game to insert more players.

Kalazz, thank you for the kind words.

Old 08-16-2020, 09:42 PM   #77
TGLS

I heard you were looking for more players. I came up with a few concepts. I figured I should throw them at you before sitting down and putting something together in case they don't fit.

-> Body swapper; probably could use their ability to get into a block with little redundancy/higher security. Possibly could be used to sow confusion, adapt to changing circumstances, etc.

-> Ergokinetic; more focus on zapping things with lightning and invisibility than computer hacking. Probably build on top of a sneak type.

-> A really physical tank of a character, and then boost it even further by taking a bunch of psychometabolism abilities on top of that (i.e. self-healing, the damage control ability from Psionic Powers).
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 07:04 AM   #78
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I heard you were looking for more players. I came up with a few concepts. I figured I should throw them at you before sitting down and putting something together in case they don't fit.

-> Body swapper; probably could use their ability to get into a block with little redundancy/higher security. Possibly could be used to sow confusion, adapt to changing circumstances, etc.

-> Ergokinetic; more focus on zapping things with lightning and invisibility than computer hacking. Probably build on top of a sneak type.

-> A really physical tank of a character, and then boost it even further by taking a bunch of psychometabolism abilities on top of that (i.e. self-healing, the damage control ability from Psionic Powers).

We're glad to have you!

quickly giving feedback so you can move along.

My preferences would be the Erokinetic > Tank > Body swapper. You already have a telepathy power set, and you didn't give a description of how you want to spend the 250 action hero points. Either a sneak or a tank would be useful to the team. You are covert, at least at first, which is why I made the sneak a preference over the tank.

Old 08-17-2020, 10:44 AM   #79
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post

If you go with the tank sort of character, you should check out Mailanka's take on psychometabolism (with ericthered's okay, of course): http://psi-wars.wikidot.com/psychic-healing Just note that version is based on re-priced ST, so the Metabolic Might and Metabolic Power techniques would have to be adjusted; when I GM'd a campaign with a character using it, I allowed 1.5 levels of Lifting ST and 1 level of Striking ST, respectively, for each level of Psychometabolism when using those techniques.
Old 08-17-2020, 11:21 AM   #80
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
If you go with the tank sort of character, you should check out Mailanka's take on psychometabolism (with ericthered's okay, of course): http://psi-wars.wikidot.com/psychic-healing Just note that version is based on re-priced ST, so the Metabolic Might and Metabolic Power techniques would have to be adjusted; when I GM'd a campaign with a character using it, I allowed 1.5 levels of Lifting ST and 1 level of Striking ST, respectively, for each level of Psychometabolism when using those techniques.
This game takes moderate to heavy inspiration from psi-wars. His builds are pretty solid. Just make sure to account for adjusted price costs.

I'm open to lowering the price for ST for psionic powers only.