Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-05-2015, 10:40 AM   #421
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter move fairly slowly along the track -- up until the point where he gets past the effects of the rain storm. As evening falls, the grass continues to be smashed and the wheels get covered in mud and he is able to move rapidly -- but night is falling quickly.

OCC: I think he's made the wrong choice for finding his target at least 4 times now...

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:53 AM   #422
the_matrix_walker

Peter presses on into the dusk, and fashions himself a torch when it starts getting too dark to see otherwise. He Hopes maybe he can close the gap if they've made a camp somewhere nearby...

OOC: Am I missing clues, or just being unlucky? ;)
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:17 PM   #423
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter gets the torch made and continues on. The dog is helpful, as is the storm .. perhaps finally he's had some luck.

At perhaps 2 in the morning, he finds the glowing lights of a campsite -- and glowing gas lights. He's coming closer but can't really see them properly when he hears a shot ring out, and a bullhorn addresses him in the native tounge in a fairly aggressive tone of voice.

OCC: Just unlucky. Talking to some of the friendly villages would have worked. Pressing on during the night would have worked. Following his sense of the supernatural to the end would have worked... but he finally made a clincher here!

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-05-2015, 12:52 PM   #424
the_matrix_walker

Peter puts one hand up, and the other on Goliath's neck to calm him (or keep him calm if the gunshot hasn't freaked him out).

"Don't shoot! Please! I can't understand you! You guys speak English right?"
Old 03-06-2015, 12:16 PM   #425
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

There is something of a pause.

"Yeah I speak english! Where'd you learn to speak it? Come on over! And what's up with the spear?"

If Peter comes over he finds two folks standing guard, both with weapons -- completely modern weapons and goggles of some kind.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:01 PM   #426
the_matrix_walker

"I'm not from around here, everyone speaks English where I come from. The spear, well thats...."

Peter proceeds to tell them the story of his waking up in the woods, and the encounters he's had in this world thus far. He does not mention that this is not the first time he's woken up in a strange wilderness... he thinks that will only complicate matters.

((OOC: To they seem like Americans or Englishmen by accent and behavior, or some other nationality he would know?))
Old 03-09-2015, 12:32 PM   #427
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

(They sound quite american, and they sound quite modern)

The two seem a little surprised at Peter's story. As Peter starts, one of them whips out a smart phone and texts something.

"You just woke up in the middle of the woods? That would be pretty threatening. There's half a dozen plagues running around. Armageddon is happening for these people. Some villages kill any outsiders, believing they bring disease. Sad thing is they're not that wrong. But it makes our job harder. We're trying to save who we can. Drop in the bucket really. We're pretty much too late."

"Where are you from?"

Old 03-09-2015, 12:50 PM   #428
the_matrix_walker

"Burlington Massachusetts, in the USA! you wouldn't know how I could get back do you? And do you guys have anything to eat? I've been eating mostly grubs and whatever I could find in the woods for I don't know how long..."
Old 03-10-2015, 11:21 AM   #429
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Boston -- we might be able to get you home. We're going to be out here for a while though. Do ... Do you understand what's going on? Or do we need to explain what's happened to you?"

As they converse, an older man comes out, dressed in pyjamas, obviously having just woken up. The man is tall and heavy set but seems to be active enough. "Found someone... ahh, there you are. Well, this certainly is a surprise. My name is Brian Wells, and I'm heading this expedition of the miracle workers. We're trying to clean up this mess. Welcome aboard. What to do with you, what to do with you ... how long have you been out there? Impressive. You don't have a problem helping us out, do you?"

Old 03-10-2015, 12:45 PM   #430
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Boston -- we might be able to get you home. We're going to be out here for a while though. Do ... Do you understand what's going on? Or do we need to explain what's happened to you?"
Peter's eyes widen at the man's statement. "You can explain this craziness?!?! What's happened to me?!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
As they converse, an older man comes out, dressed in pyjamas, obviously having just woken up. The man is tall and heavy set but seems to be active enough. "Found someone... ahh, there you are. Well, this certainly is a surprise. My name is Brian Wells, and I'm heading this expedition of the miracle workers. We're trying to clean up this mess. Welcome aboard. What to do with you, what to do with you ... how long have you been out there? Impressive. You don't have a problem helping us out, do you?"
"It's sure nice to meet you all. I don't mind helping you out, I'm sure it'll be way better than wandering in the woods and eating grubs out of fallen trees!"

Tags
lost in dreams