Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-04-2011, 01:02 AM   #21
JanMaster

Default Re: Interview with Dr Kromm about GURPS

I have listened to both of them. Good stuff. Well, it has to be right? I would not spend 2h listening if it wasn't.
One point for the interviewers. Stop saying "Cool" after every question!
Old 06-04-2011, 02:58 AM   #22
Anders

He sounds like a nice guy. Kromm, if you come to Sweden I'll buy you a beer.

And you forgot that there was GURPS Swashbucklers long before there was GURPS Ninjas...
Old 06-04-2011, 03:30 AM   #23
Gorkamorka
Ceci n'est pas un hyperlien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Bunyip View Post
I don't know if it is a factor. Krom sounded OK when he was interviewed with the rest of the SJG gang on 'Happy Jacks RPG'.
Thanks, I'll have to give this a listen. I had given up on Happy Jack, but in case of a good interview I'll make an exception.
Gorkamorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #24
nanoboy

I just finished both episodes. Is there any chance for Mr. Punch appearing on other shows, like, say, Atomic Array?
nanoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #25
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
He sounds like a nice guy. Kromm, if you come to Sweden I'll buy you a beer.

And you forgot that there was GURPS Swashbucklers long before there was GURPS Ninjas...
they didn't want you to know they existed >.o
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:11 AM   #26
weby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
I think that is the bias he mentioned in action..

Actively forgetting inconvinient facts.. :)
weby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #27
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by weby View Post
I think that is the bias he mentioned in action..

Actively forgetting inconvinient facts.. :)
No, there the fact that GURPS Swashbucklers is not a 4e product....
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #28
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
(I absolutely refuse to listen to podcasts. I like my news in easy-to-read format, not random-people-talking format, and I don't understand why anyone would prefer a podcast to a transcript)
You're a visual/text oriented learner, and find text "easy-to-read". That's good for you. Other people are audio-oriented learners, and find the conversation format easier to listen to.

Things like visual impairment and dyslexia can further complicate things by making reading text extremely challenging or outright impossible. Text-to-speech software is ... functional... which can give people in this third "I don't have a choice" category access to electronic text, but is way worse to listen to than even someone bouncing back for laryngitis over a highly-compressed VoiP protocol. :)

I'm a text-oriented learner, and gamers who hang around on forum boards tend to be heavily weighted towards this learning style - but I have a sneaking suspicion that in the greater population we're a minority, and will be until we get around to rewiring peoples brains.

It's not related to literacy levels at all - it has to do with specific aptitudes, and is why kids are put in classrooms with lectures, instead of just handed worksheets and handouts every class.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #29
Langy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
You're a visual/text oriented learner, and find text "easy-to-read". That's good for you. Other people are audio-oriented learners, and find the conversation format easier to listen to.

Things like visual impairment and dyslexia can further complicate things by making reading text extremely challenging or outright impossible. Text-to-speech software is ... functional... which can give people in this third "I don't have a choice" category access to electronic text, but is way worse to listen to than even someone bouncing back for laryngitis over a highly-compressed VoiP protocol. :)

I'm a text-oriented learner, and gamers who hang around on forum boards tend to be heavily weighted towards this learning style - but I have a sneaking suspicion that in the greater population we're a minority, and will be until we get around to rewiring peoples brains.

It's not related to literacy levels at all - it has to do with specific aptitudes, and is why kids are put in classrooms with lectures, instead of just handed worksheets and handouts every class.
That's actually a good point, and one I hadn't considered before. I suppose podcasts aren't quite as silly as I thought, though they're still not something I'm going to bother with.
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #30
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
That's actually a good point, and one I hadn't considered before. I suppose podcasts aren't quite as silly as I thought, though they're still not something I'm going to bother with.
Heck, I'm not twisting your arm about it or anything :)

I'm learning disabled and work in the accessibility industry for the visually impaired, so I'm unusually conscious of the subject. I hope you don't mind me info-dumping like that.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurps 4e, gurps action, interview, kromm, podcast