Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-31-2021, 02:23 PM   #701
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar goes along with the guards, saluting Zybo when he arrives. "Sir, have you arranged for the for the remaining officers to be brought here?"
"I have. You're sure its not one of the one's we already looked at?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 02:33 PM   #702
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"I have. You're sure its not one of the one's we already looked at?"
Looking solemn, Daymar replies, "Yes, I'm certain. I know none of us like to think of traitors among us, but I can only conclude it is one of the two I haven't seen closely yet."
Old 06-01-2021, 02:47 PM   #703
Hide

Pacifica makes use of her military savoir faire to bring the matter about Day and Pothi to the table: She wants to check if Zybo has decided to transfer them to another section, and if he hasn’t, she will try to convince him about it. Pacifica is also using her management skill to strengthen her arguments about this, elaborating from her report:

Pacifica's Military SF:
3d6 <= 14
2 + 5 + 4 = 11 ... success

Pacifica's administration:
3d6 <= 14
3 + 5 + 5 = 13 ... success

Pacifica's fast-talk:
3d6 <= 13
3 + 5 + 1 = 9 ... success
Old 06-02-2021, 01:29 PM   #704
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Both of the two officers are brought: please make rolls for altering their minds.

Zybo looks at Daymar sympathetically. "I know you don't want to be trapped in there with the dreadstormer, but I personally can't pull you out. It will take direct authorization from the captain himself, and even then policy is against it: dreadstormers are cunning, and if we allow any exceptions, they're liable to slip through. If you spend the war under lockdown in company with 58 other men and a dreadstormer, your war contribution will be in the top 10% of navy personnel."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-02-2021, 07:06 PM   #705
Hide

Once the interviews start, Pacifica checks Zybo’s computer to find a guy with similar looks and background to Day’s (she’s leveraging on her exposition-sense). She plans replacing this person with Day so he stays in the ship and their positions aren’t compromised; she will work the details with Day once the meeting is over.

Pacifica also employs administration to improve her sorting of the profiles and compliment the search carried with computer operation:

Pacifica's administration:
3d6 <= 14
3 + 1 + 1 = 5 ... success.

Pacifica's computer operation (calling luck for an improved result | 1):
3d6 <= 13
1 + 4 + 1 = 6 ... success.

Pacifica's writing (doing the testimonials/interview reports):
3d6 <= 14
4 + 5 + 3 = 12 ... success.
Old 06-03-2021, 08:11 AM   #706
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Once the interviews start, Pacifica checks Zybo’s computer to find a guy with similar looks and background to Day’s (she’s leveraging on her exposition-sense). She plans replacing this person with Day so he stays in the ship and their positions aren’t compromised; she will work the details with Day once the meeting is over.
exposition sense doesn't work that way.

But... with these great natural rolls, she is able to find such an individual. At least as good a fit as exists on the ship. Same height and build, and someone who should be able to not instantly make it apparent they don't know their way around a plasma emmiter. Nijothu Thovuthi, a shield technician from the 3rd shift.

Old 06-03-2021, 02:32 PM   #707
GnomesofZurich

Daymar uses mental surgery on the two officers:

[468] 21-06-03 22:16:00 CEST

Mental Surgery

3d6 <= 15
1: 3 + 5 + 6 = 14 ... success
2: 4 + 1 + 5 = 10 ... success

For the first one I'd like to use Luck to reroll; I checked, the last time I used it was post 515.

Luck rerolls:

[469] 21-06-03 22:20:14 CEST

Mental Surgery (Luck re-rolls)

3d6 <= 15
1: 2 + 6 + 5 = 13 ... success
2: 2 + 5 + 1 = 8 ... success

The first officer I will give Fanaticism (Quinta Republica), the second Delusion (I worked with Chiki to mess with the ship in the name of la Quinta República) - if the point value of the latter is [-10], then I also give the officer Impulsiveness (15) [-5], if the Delusion is already [-15] then it can stand on its own.

Daymar signals to Zybo that the second officer is the one he's looking for.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:50 AM   #708
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Zybo talks with Lieutenant Nichapu, of missiles maintenance, and Daymar gives the signal: this is the person. Zybo does his best to maintain his composure and finish the interview, and then send Nichapu on his way.

After the Officer has left, Zybo looks at the two of them. "We've found him. He's either a dreadstormer or working with them. What now?"

The delusion is just a -5. Nichapu needs a motivation for why he thinks he did it though. He has no loyalty to your cause at this point. Also, did you want to make those effects instant or sink in overnight? I ran this assuming an overnight transition.

Old 06-04-2021, 11:26 AM   #709
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Zybo talks with Lieutenant Nichapu, of missiles maintenance, and Daymar gives the signal: this is the person. Zybo does his best to maintain his composure and finish the interview, and then send Nichapu on his way.

After the Officer has left, Zybo looks at the two of them. "We've found him. He's either a dreadstormer or working with them. What now?"

The delusion is just a -5. Nichapu needs a motivation for why he thinks he did it though. He has no loyalty to your cause at this point. Also, did you want to make those effects instant or sink in overnight? I ran this assuming an overnight transition.
OOC: Okay, so if it's -5, that leaves me -10 points to work with. Scrap Impulsiveness and add in Sense of Duty (Quinta República) [-10]. That should take care of the motivation. And yes, overnight transition would be best.

Daymar replies, "You could just arrest him, but it may be best to watch him and potentially flush out other conspirators. He doesn't know he's been found out, so we should make use of that."
Old 06-07-2021, 08:34 AM   #710
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Zybo: "that's probably best. Shadowing a dreadstormer will be difficult. shall we escalate the message to the captain, or shall we keep this between us for now. We may want to bring in at least a member of security... I'll keep an eye on him, but he's almost impossible to shadow"