Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2020, 04:30 PM   #311
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

If it's Friday evening now, then I'll go until Tuesday. Should give me enough time to prepare and raid the armory.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:11 PM   #312
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yes, the mental surgery rolls will need to be made individually. They're a big deal. Give me times, places, and numbers, and possibly targets, and then I'll ask for rolls. We've got events coming up in the next few days from your last set of sabotage.
Over the next four days (Saturday-Tuesday), Day will stick to his routine, but look out for people he can convert, aiming for six per day. Particular targets he is looking for include pilots, security personnel and officers, but he won't seek them out if it would draw attention to him. Most he intends to give Sense of Duty (Fifth Spinward Republic) [-10], but others he will give Paranoia or Phantom Voices to create distractions.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).

Last edited by GnomesofZurich; 11-24-2020 at 04:37 PM.
GnomesofZurich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 08:53 AM   #313
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

They both make it back from the meeting without trouble. Poor Botha won't be herself again until the morning, and didn't notice a thing. Daymar's mind tweaks keep anyone from remarking on his absence.



During breakfast on Saturday, a squad of security soliders enters Daymar's mess hall. Two of them are scanning faces, while the other eight have their weapons out and are watching the first pair. Daymar recognizes the two looking at faces: they're the security folks who stopped him when he was running mind control in a different soldier's uniform.


Hua encounters her first flour meal on Saturday morning: biscuits and gravy. She's been off of suppressants for 18 hours at this point.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:29 AM   #314
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
During breakfast on Saturday, a squad of security soliders enters Daymar's mess hall. Two of them are scanning faces, while the other eight have their weapons out and are watching the first pair. Daymar recognizes the two looking at faces: they're the security folks who stopped him when he was running mind control in a different soldier's uniform.
Thinking quickly, Day scans the mess for anyone that is about the right build to pass as him, or the closest he can find.

He then is going to try to send a suggestion to that person, "Run for the door!"

[186] 20-11-25 18:28:37 CET

Suggest

3d6 <= 16
2 + 1 + 2 = 5 ... success Critical success!
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:11 PM   #315
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua encounters her first flour meal on Saturday morning: biscuits and gravy. She's been off of suppressants for 18 hours at this point.
I imagine this is too messy to hold out and dispose of later. If I were to plan on eating and then throw it up, how fast would I need to do this? What would I need to roll to do it quietly?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 01:43 PM   #316
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Thinking quickly, Day scans the mess for anyone that is about the right build to pass as him, or the closest he can find.

He then is going to try to send a suggestion to that person, "Run for the door!"
[186] 20-11-25 18:28:37 CET
Suggest

3d6 <= 16
2 + 1 + 2 = 5 ... success Critical success!
Daymar sends his mental command at a mess-mate close to the serving window that leads to the kitchen. The man quickly leaps the counter in the kitchen. Daymar's mess is one of ones with six doors out of the room, so the security folks are spread out covering all of them. Shouting breaks out, the room starts pointing and half standing, and some security go after the guy, while a few others try and keep an eye on the room. The people who know (maybe?) what Daymar looks like are among those who turn to give chase.

The runner makes it out of the kitchen, but he has a scant chance of making it out of that compartment: its stuck between the rocket engine, the hyperdrive, and missile storage. The only way in or out is going up or down, and it lacks the circular structure found in the storage areas of the ship.

What will Daymar do next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I imagine this is too messy to hold out and dispose of later. If I were to plan on eating and then throw it up, how fast would I need to do this? What would I need to roll to do it quietly?
The biscuits aren't too messy to hold out, and the lion's share of the suppressants are in those. You'd need to filch them first though.

you probably have 15 minutes for most food to throw it up. If you only eat the gravy, its more like 20.

Throwing up the food quietly... that's probably against the lower of HT and DX, If you have body control*, you can use that.

*no one has it, but with the way this game has been played so far, I'd recommend it for any new characters.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 06:10 PM   #317
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The biscuits aren't too messy to hold out, and the lion's share of the suppressants are in those. You'd need to filch them first though.
Huh. All the pictures I saw looked more mixed together.

I'll Filch the biscuits away while pretending to eat them (acting?), then hold them out for disposal while throwing up. I'll try to get to a bathroom around fifteen minutes after breakfast to throw up (quietly) and dispose of the biscuits.

Quote:
[187] 20-12-06 02:09:39 CET
Filch
3d6 <= 14
5 + 5 + 6 = 16 ... failure
Well that isn't good.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:03 AM   #318
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar sends his mental command at a mess-mate close to the serving window that leads to the kitchen. The man quickly leaps the counter in the kitchen. Daymar's mess is one of ones with six doors out of the room, so the security folks are spread out covering all of them. Shouting breaks out, the room starts pointing and half standing, and some security go after the guy, while a few others try and keep an eye on the room. The people who know (maybe?) what Daymar looks like are among those who turn to give chase.

The runner makes it out of the kitchen, but he has a scant chance of making it out of that compartment: its stuck between the rocket engine, the hyperdrive, and missile storage. The only way in or out is going up or down, and it lacks the circular structure found in the storage areas of the ship.

What will Daymar do next?
Day will send another instruction to the runner, "run and hide", and then release control in favour of more opportunities to cause chaos. He will look for someone half standing that could get in the way of one or more of the security personnel, trying to send an instruction "stand up and thrust back your chair."

[188] 20-12-06 18:01:42 CET

Suggestion to one of the half-standing crew

3d6 <= 16
3 + 3 + 2 = 8 ... success by 8, minus any range penalties (can absorb -1 of range penalties from high skill without decreasing MoS).

Edit: While observing the turmoil, Day will nudge Pothi with his elbow, "What do you think's going on?"
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).

Last edited by GnomesofZurich; 12-06-2020 at 03:33 PM.
GnomesofZurich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:08 AM   #319
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll Filch the biscuits away while pretending to eat them (acting?), then hold them out for disposal while throwing up. I'll try to get to a bathroom around fifteen minutes after breakfast to throw up (quietly) and dispose of the biscuits.

Well that isn't good.
I keep on thinking that Hua really could have used luck.

Botha looks over at Hua just as a biscuit disappears into the uniform. "Just what do you think you're doing?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Day will send another instruction to the runner, "run and hide", and then release control in favour of more opportunities to cause chaos. He will look for someone half standing that could get in the way of one or more of the security personnel, trying to send an instruction "stand up and thrust back your chair."

[188] 20-12-06 18:01:42 CET

Suggestion to one of the half-standing crew

3d6 <= 16
3 + 3 + 2 = 8 ... success by 8, minus any range penalties (can absorb -1 of range penalties from high skill without decreasing MoS).

Edit: While observing the turmoil, Day will nudge Pothi with his elbow, "What do you think's going on?"
They're looking for the Dreadstormers! I think Zytie* is one! (*The name of the runner)

The chair shoved back blocks one of the door ways. A member of security was headed that way, but athletically stops, and heads for another door "Secure that one for me!" he calls out.

Daymar notices an NCO slowly coming the realization that this is his rowdy group of soldiers and the NCO needs to take control of the situation.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 03:52 PM   #320
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The chair shoved back blocks one of the door ways. A member of security was headed that way, but athletically stops, and heads for another door "Secure that one for me!" he calls out.

Daymar notices an NCO slowly coming the realization that this is his rowdy group of soldiers and the NCO needs to take control of the situation.
Looking for another likely target, Day is going to try to get one of the other crew in the mess to 'accidentally' trip one of the security detail.

[189] 20-12-07 23:51:10 CET

Suggestion to a crew member to 'accidentally' trip one of the security detail

3d6 <= 16
5 + 3 + 1 = 9 ... success (Success by 7, high skill absorbs -1 of range penalties).

Responding to Pothi, he says, "Zytie!? Really?! It's hard to believe he's an undercover agent."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.