Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-13-2006, 09:56 PM   #21
AOTA

Default Re: IOU for 4e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth
It did indeed happen at GenCon, as I recall.
That's why it sounded so familiar. I think I was playing in that game or just watching it not sure which. Lots of fun. The part about the PC shagging Kirk and getting a tricorder was what I remember most. I used to always try to get into the games ran by your hubby at Gencon. I remember one early Space game that I still have the hand outs for.
Mib#3477
Formally Bobzilla
GURPS Checker for Prime Directive
AOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:08 PM   #22
Michael Hopcroft

Captain Jack from Doctor Who showing up on the IOU campus by "accident" would be very interesting, for the the simple reason that there is absolutely nobody and nothing in the Multiverse he will not ****.

Which would bring a great deal of chaos of a different kind to the IUO campus.

RIP Elisabeth Sladen 1948-2011
RIP Nicholas Courtney 1929-2011
Michael Hopcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:15 PM   #23
AOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft
Captain Jack from Doctor Who showing up on the IOU campus by "accident" would be very interesting, for the the simple reason that there is absolutely nobody and nothing in the Multiverse he will not ****.
Now there is a character that would fit in well in an IOU game. Make him slightly younger and run him as a 51st century exchange student.
Mib#3477
Formally Bobzilla
GURPS Checker for Prime Directive
AOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:45 AM   #24
Michael Hopcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobzilla
Now there is a character that would fit in well in an IOU game. Make him slightly younger and run him as a 51st century exchange student.
He's probably an alumnus! Then again, there are two years missing from his life -- a C.T.H.U.L.H.U. experiment gone horribly wrong? Or maybe something happened at IOU that he deliberately had blotted out because the memory was so traumatic?

Maybe he actually managed to screw the ArchDean? I wouldn't put it past him to try....

"Your ratings just went up, ladies!"

Old 05-14-2006, 07:25 AM   #25
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

While the success or lack thereof of his luck with the sapients is up to the campaign (after all, remember the TFOS rule! Sex = not funny; trying to have sex and everything going wrong = funny!)... I don't think the term screw really fits anything the ArchDean might do that doesn't involve prying money out of someone.

I'm sure that there would be wine, low lighting, nice sheets, and tastefully discreet cats, and the better term would be dally. Or possibly the more energetic cavort.

(On the other hand, in most of OUR games, the ArchDean and the Dean of WUSE had something going. You can guess why. O;> )

Captain Jack might make a very good SPCA major, yesssssss.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:28 AM   #26
Gadrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft
One of the funnest games I ever had at a con was a GFURPS IOU game with Elizabeth McCoy GMing and Johnathan Linder III as my PC. Aside from my use of a bound wad of $50 bills as a psycholigical torture device, my favorite moment was when we found ourselves in the Bubblegum Crisis universe and I ended I saying "I... own... GENOM?!?" (which is the anime-fan equivalent of discovering you are going to grow up to be Lex Luthor).
so how did you displace GENOMs owner ? (Quincy I think)
Gadrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 12:10 PM   #27
Michael Hopcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadrin
so how did you displace GENOMs owner ? (Quincy I think)
It was in the future, and I didn't know about it. My guess is that in the future I was Quincy.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:16 PM   #28
Michael Hopcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth
While the success or lack thereof of his luck with the sapients is up to the campaign (after all, remember the TFOS rule! Sex = not funny; trying to have sex and everything going wrong = funny!)... I don't think the term screw really fits anything the ArchDean might do that doesn't involve prying money out of someone.
Well, we did meet Captain Jack while he was in the middle of a galactic/temporal scam. If anyone in the Universe can con the ArchDean and live to tell the tale, it would be him.

Of course, he wouldn't tell the tale if it made him look bad somwhow.

Quote:
I'm sure that there would be wine, low lighting, nice sheets, and tastefully discreet cats, and the better term would be dally. Or possibly the more energetic cavort.

(On the other hand, in most of OUR games, the ArchDean and the Dean of WUSE had something going. You can guess why. O;> )

Captain Jack might make a very good SPCA major, yesssssss.

Tags
girl genius, iou, school, swomi tift