Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 09-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #1
Dalillama

Default Girl Genius in IN

Did someone let Vapula get out of hand, maybe?

Edit: For those not familiar, it is a webcomic, found here . Thank you for reminding me to put this here, Sagitta.

Last edited by Dalillama; 09-12-2007 at 05:15 PM.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:23 AM   #2
Alejandro

Default Re: Girl Genius in IN

Ego ne unum quidem verbum intellego.

(\/)
(o.0)
(> <)
Old 09-12-2007, 03:39 PM   #3
Sagitta

Remember, Google is your friend. Girl Genius is a webcomic by the renowed Phil Foglio (and I believe Kaja Foglio too, but that's not so immediately apparent).

That sounds like a reasonable pretext to plug Space Pirate Amazon Ninja Catgirls, which Phil illustrated. SPANC: too good for children, too naughty for adults.
Sagitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:50 AM   #4
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

I did a post to the mailing list a while back. To recap, my idea was:

In the GG universe, the other Elohite Archangel got blown up. Raphael lives, but the intermingled Forces of Jean, Archangel of Lighting, and Legion, Prince of Corruption, were sprayed throughout the world. Now, when those Forces find a place in a human soul, there is the chance for scientific genius beyond the ability of most mortals -- but always linked with the chance for corruption and madness...
Old 09-17-2007, 04:31 PM   #5
jesdynf

Jean's Forces *propelling* humans into making celestially-influenced discoveries? Oh, man, that's mean. That's like having Furfur's Forces promote a desire to host cooking shows.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #6
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Hey, why do you think that people in the GG world call their mad scientists Sparks? They're infected with a little bit of That Which Man Was Not Meant To Know. Not to mention the Shedite Forces. Ewwwww. Sticky.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:38 PM   #7
Dalillama

Changing tacks a bit, I seem to recall a writeup somewhere of Vapula as the AA of SCIENCE!, but I cannot find it now. I would not envy him the role of trying to keep the Sparks in line, particularly given that he might feel he was being unfaithful to his old mentor by trying to suppress all these outpourings of his Forces, but he can never seem to get the Forces clean(until the Heterodyne Boys perhaps? the first pure Jean forces, untainted by the hellish ichor that has previously been inseparable from it.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:03 AM   #8
narm00

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama
Changing tacks a bit, I seem to recall a writeup somewhere of Vapula as the AA of SCIENCE!, but I cannot find it now.
This the one? It'd be easy enough to write up a history where Vapula had been created an angel in Heaven, if that's what you wanted to go with.

http://www.stormloader.com/users/moe.../Vapula-AA.htm
narm00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
girl genius, setting