Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #11
Ubiquitous

Default Re: Tactical Shooting: A New World: A Private War On Narcoterrorism

Oh I miss these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Filipino:FN P90 w/suppressor (-3 Hearing, -1 Bulk)
Fil's gonna carry this, lemme know what happens with him specifically.

As for names, how 'bout Breaker and Chevalier?
Ubiquitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:42 AM   #12
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
Oh I miss these.

Fil's gonna carry this, lemme know what happens with him specifically.

As for names, how 'bout Breaker and Chevalier?
I will let you know.

The Filipino-American has been provisionally named Arthur Reyes Malago, a native of Seattle who joined the US Navy after high-school at the insistance of his father, who felt it would make a man out of him (as opposed to the grunge layabout that he was becoming). Corpsman with the Seabees and then a SEAL with SEAL Team 4. DEVGRU after that and poached into CIA SAD (SOG) where he's paid as a contractor. Specialities in the team include medical/health and demolitions/breaching.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:50 AM   #13
nik1979

Quote:
Does anyone have any idea where I'd find a map/blueprint/thingy of a small factory with a staff of 15-20 and at least one office level?

It's supposed to be in Ciudad Juarez, of course, if that helps. Though I imagine that any factory in the world could stand in for it in a pinch.
Google Maps and researching districts to scan for? It doesn't even have to be from the area, any old factory from anywhere would work. Then possibly justing make up your manufacturing and inventory process and locations.

@icelander where did you get the format of the "life work" of the character? It looks like it came from work.
MIB#2428
nik1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:05 AM   #14
Ubiquitous

Quote:
I will let you know.

The Filipino-American has been provisionally named Arthur Reyes Malago, a native of Seattle who joined the US Navy after high-school at the insistance of his father, who felt it would make a man out of him (as opposed to the grunge layabout that he was becoming).
I hadn't even known who needed the name, I just supplanted two (code)names that sounded decently action-oriented without being 'Matrix' or 'Ghost'. Although I appreciate how in-depth you go with these characters.
Ubiquitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:32 AM   #15
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1979 View Post
Google Maps and researching districts to scan for? It doesn't even have to be from the area, any old factory from anywhere would work. Then possibly justing make up your manufacturing and inventory process and locations.
I figured Google Maps just had street maps and not house plans. Checking now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1979 View Post
@icelander where did you get the format of the "life work" of the character? It looks like it came from work.
I'm afraid I just jotted down my impressions of a couple of dates in the character's careers, so I'd have some idea of the kind of skills they should have after their service.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:54 AM   #16
SonofJohn

Surgical Masks would be a nice adition to the equipment package to conceal the face if an attok action is needed. Iam also not sure if mexican authoritys would would be so grateful to assist a bunch of cowboys from north the border with all there flashy equipment needs ... so may be say would have to improvise things like flashbangs and would have to work with fewer equipment that they are used to.

Well but youre doing a great job with this as with your previos posts, they really should let you write some real suplement for GURPS, even if only to stop from posting you 50% of the forums text....

Last edited by SonofJohn; 05-21-2010 at 06:58 AM.
SonofJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:08 AM   #17
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofJohn View Post
Surgical Masks would be a nice adition to the equipment package to conceal the face if an attok action is needed.
They originally did not plan to use their weapons in any way and only carried sidearms for self-defence. In the kit they request from their Mexican contact there is a gas mask.

Quote:
Iam also not sure if mexican authoritys would would be so grateful to assist a bunch of cowboys from north the border with all there flashy equipment needs ... so may be say would have to improvise things like flashbangs and would have to work with fewer equipment that they are used to.
The Mexicans are not helping them officially. They're borrowing SWAT-gear by bribing a contact in the Mexican Policia Federales.

Quote:
Well but youre doing a great job with this as with your previos posts, they really should let you write some real suplement for GURPS, even if only to stop from posting you 50% of the forums text....
As for that, I'd really need to submit something for them to accept or reject. Too much trouble.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:38 AM   #18
AmesJainchill

Quote:
[H&K G36 w/ACOG sight and SOP sling (9.25 lbs.);
I'd just like to point out this page, and this section of this page to you.

It seems like you could indeed get ahold of all the different weapons you've listed...but why go for the P90 instead of another M4? And are the two silenced MP5s really going to be that useful versus having another couple M4 with some more punch?
Since this is an actual cartel property in actual Mexico, I'd rate the chances of encountering guards in soft body armor as fairly good...I suppose the suppressed weapons might get you some advantage in slowing down enemy response time...

Last edited by AmesJainchill; 05-21-2010 at 08:54 AM.
AmesJainchill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:27 AM   #19
SonofJohn

At least one of the first aid kits should have been part of the standard loadouts ...

I also like the notion of coming to Mexico with all the flashy handguns money can buy and than get some good old german submachine guns and asault-rifles for the actual fighting...
SonofJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #20
combatmedic
Banned

Dear Zeus, this is detailed stuff!
combatmedic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
covert ops, high-tech, special ops, tactical shooting