Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 02-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
ssjmajin_vegeta

Default newer player with questions about game play

I have played this game few times with some buddies and looked up information on the faq about questions. I am not sure if I think to much into it but I do have some questions if anyone can help me out.
1. If you do not draw monster on open the door and then decide not to play a monster on looking for trouble, you search the room.... after i search the room can i play cheat cards? sell items?
2. If i am a human and i have an elf only card, I can still carry it but not equip it? (therefor it will not be in my hand so i can have cards in my hand)
3. If I am a human and have a cheat to use a dwarf item, but then draw a dwarf race card and play that so I am now a dwarf. Can I put that cheat card on a diff item or does it stay their permantly?
4. When an item, race, class, accent etc. is discarded from the cards equipped. Does this go discard or to the lowest level person or lowest card stack? (ex: i was a warrior, and now want to be a wizard, where does the warrior card go?)
5. if i lost to the monster during battle can i play any cards after it took the bad stuff (ex: level up)
6. When you sell an item does it have to add up to the 1000 gold or can you carry it over to your next turn, or can u just sell it and take the losses so you can play another item in its place. (ex: get rid of a sword that is +1 damage for 100 gold because you want a free hand for a stronger sword at +3)

This is all for now. Sorry about it being long and if it is complicated. I thank you guys/gals for your help.
ssjmajin_vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
snarky

Default Re: newer player with questions about game play

1. Yes, you can play cards from your hand or sell items until your turn is over (ie: after combat, but before the next player starts their turn).

2. Race cards cannot be in play but not in use. You can hold them in your hand, however, and play them at any time in the game.

3. Cheat cards stay with the item to which they were attached, even if you no longer need it to use the item.

4. If a card is discarded, it is put in the appropriate discard pile. Cards only go to another player if traded or during "charity" when you have more than 5 cards in your hand at the end of your turn.

5. If the bad stuff doesn't kill you (or otherwise limit your options), you can still end your turn as in question #1.

6. You must sell at least 1,000 gold worth of items, which earns you a level for each 1,000 gold spent. To do what you want in your question, you could move the +1 sword out of use (turned sideways) and put the +3 in play and in use (on the table, turned normal).

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 02-23-2011 at 03:52 PM.
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #3
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: newer player with questions about game play

Hi, ssjmajin! Welcome to the forums! (And thank you for checking the FAQ first . . .)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjmajin_vegeta View Post
1. If you do not draw monster on open the door and then decide not to play a monster on looking for trouble, you search the room.... after i search the room can i play cheat cards? sell items?
Absolutely. Your turn isn't over until you say it is (and give Charity, if you are required to do so).

Quote:
2. If i am a human and i have an elf only card, I can still carry it but not equip it? (therefor it will not be in my hand so i can have cards in my hand)
As long as you do not exceed the restriction on Big items (you may only have one Big item in play, unless you Cheat an extra or you are a Dwarf), you may have as many Items in play as you want.

Quote:
3. If I am a human and have a cheat to use a dwarf item, but then draw a dwarf race card and play that so I am now a dwarf. Can I put that cheat card on a diff item or does it stay their permantly?
Once the Cheat card is assigned to an Item, it stays there until you lose that Item, at which time the Cheat is discarded.

Quote:
4. When an item, race, class, accent etc. is discarded from the cards equipped. Does this go discard or to the lowest level person or lowest card stack? (ex: i was a warrior, and now want to be a wizard, where does the warrior card go?)
The only time you hand cards to the lowest-Level player(s) is if you have too many cards in your hand at the end of your turn, and must give them as Charity. All other discards go into the discard piles. (A few cards override this rule, however, so be sure to read any card that tells you to discard to make sure it doesn't have special instructions.)

Quote:
5. if i lost to the monster during battle can i play any cards after it took the bad stuff (ex: level up)
Yes, as long as you suffer the Bad Stuff before doing anything else.

Quote:
6. When you sell an item does it have to add up to the 1000 gold or can you carry it over to your next turn, or can u just sell it and take the losses so you can play another item in its place. (ex: get rid of a sword that is +1 damage for 100 gold because you want a free hand for a stronger sword at +3)
You cannot sell Items unless you have at least 1,000 Gold Pieces worth, and you cannot sell Items at all if you are such a high Level that you have to kill a monster to advance (Level 9 in the base game; Levels 18 and 19 in Epic play).

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, questions