Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-24-2021, 08:54 AM   #881
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
the aim is increasing the paranoia in the ship; to some extend I believe it can echo and reach the officers ears as well.
"Endgame? Someone is talking about an endgame? we're only five weeks out! Is it the officers mentioning the endgame or is it from somewhere else?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar does his best to fake surprise, but may not be entirely convincing...

He says to Kivu, "Can you believe this? The whole ship is going to hell!"
A mess-mate looks at Daymar strangely. Something about Daymar has aroused his attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I suppose I get similar news when I wake up? I'll pretend to be surprised. "They the hyperdrive breaks and they arrest engine people? I'm more surprised it took this long. I wonder if we're going to reach combat at this rate."
Thibi: "Motive is mostly just telling us what to do, right? we're doing all of the real work."

What are the next steps later in the day?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:36 PM   #882
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
A mess-mate looks at Daymar strangely. Something about Daymar has aroused his attention.
How close is the mess-mate to Daymar?
Old 08-24-2021, 02:39 PM   #883
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
How close is the mess-mate to Daymar?
4 people down the table.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 08-24-2021, 04:19 PM   #884
GnomesofZurich

Daymar looks at his "new friend", and mentally suggests that he come over for a chat.

[599] 21-08-25 00:18:59 CEST

Suggestion (including range penalties)

3d6 <= 15
4 + 4 + 4 = 12 ... success
Old 08-24-2021, 04:21 PM   #885
TGLS

Quote:
Thibi: "Motive is mostly just telling us what to do, right? we're doing all of the real work."
"Well, they are telling us where to put the big spinny thing. They probably even know what it's called."

Quote:
What are the next steps later in the day?
Well, I'd like to go give two of the subverted officers a list with the subverted officers on it, which of the two are under suspicion, and that Vinobi received a similar list of potential traitors. It'll also have a pass phrase to identify both of them and to destroy the list after reading it. I think the right pair would be and Jokuchi & Vibibu. Jivithi is under suspicion, Nichapu is also under suspicion and had different programming, Vinobi already has a list, & Chojo is presumably off-shift (given he's the most plausible candidate when I gave Thibi a name earlier). Are they at work (and thus somewhere I can find them) during my break shift and can I get enough time from Thibi to go deliver a message to both of them?

And then during sleep shift I'm working with Daymar to subvert people.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:37 PM   #886
Hide

Quote:
(...) Endgame? Someone is talking about an endgame? we're only five weeks out! Is it the officers mentioning the endgame or is it from somewhere else? (...)
I’d like to know too!

Later in the Day Pacifica talks to Nejora, she wants to know her feelings about the current situation. She also asks Nejora if she is good at making diversions (fast-talking, acting). Pacifica tells her they both must be on ward an on alert, should they face unusual situations in the future.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:59 AM   #887
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Daymar looks at his "new friend", and mentally suggests that he come over for a chat.

The Man comes over "Nijothu, are you feeling alright? you're acting a little strange..." He carefully studies Daymar's face. Then the blood starts draining from the fellow's face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Later in the Day Pacifica talks to Nejora, she wants to know her feelings about the current situation. She also asks Nejora if she is good at making diversions (fast-talking, acting). Pacifica tells her they both must be on ward an on alert, should they face unusual situations in the future.
"A diversion? I mean, I could start acting crazy and throwing things and shouting, but I'm not sure if that's the best idea."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Well, they are telling us where to put the big spinny thing. They probably even know what it's called."
Lol! "Big Spinny Thing"!

Old 08-25-2021, 02:36 PM   #888
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
The Man comes over "Nijothu, are you feeling alright? you're acting a little strange..." He carefully studies Daymar's face. Then the blood starts draining from the fellow's face.
Daymar reaches up to steady the man, releasing his control of him and instead doing mental surgery on him while saying "I'm okay, just so much happening on the ship, sometimes it's hard to take in. Are you feeling okay? You look a little pale." The mental surgery is to take effect immediately.

[600] 21-08-25 22:33:36 CEST

Mental Surgery (Delusion "Nothing has changed about Nijothu"; Delusion "Nijothu is above suspicion")

3d6 <= 16
5 + 3 + 6 = 14 ... success
Old 08-26-2021, 07:10 AM   #889
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Daymar reaches up to steady the man, releasing his control of him and instead doing mental surgery on him while saying "I'm okay, just so much happening on the ship, sometimes it's hard to take in. Are you feeling okay? You look a little pale." The mental surgery is to take effect immediately.
"Yeah, maybe the stress is getting to me Nijothu." The man rubs his face. I hope we get those dreadstormers soon." The man's name tag reads "Biku".

Old 08-28-2021, 04:23 AM   #890
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
"Yeah, maybe the stress is getting to me Nijothu." The man rubs his face. I hope we get those dreadstormers soon." The man's name tag reads "Biku".
Patting him on the shoulder, Daymar nods, "We all do, Biku, we all do. We just need to watch each other's backs."