Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-23-2023, 09:14 AM   #1451
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

The creature preens nearby him for a while. Peter heads for the gate. He thinks the beast might be following along with him.

Peter makes it to the gate. In front of it is a cleared area perhaps the size of a football stadium. A pair of 30 foot "Fences" secure the area: the first is made of IBeams, and just inside of it sits a more standard fence. There seems to be only one set of doors through the fences, with an observation tower at that spot. Three huge helicopters are parked in the lot, and there are two large garage doors in addition to several smaller ones.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 09:19 AM   #1452
the_matrix_walker

Peter proceeds out toward the fence gates and casually waves at any people or cameras he might see as he tries to find his way out.

(I presume he does not get far before something happens...)
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 10:30 AM   #1453
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
(I presume he does not get far before something happens...)
Yeah...

There is a guy in the observation tower, he waves back and opens the gates just a crack. He uses a speaker system to ask "Is there anything behind you?"

After confirming Peter isn't being chased by a dinosaur (at least not by an unfriendly one), the guy asks "Which group are you with? how far from them are you? Do you have any injuries?"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 05-24-2023, 02:24 PM   #1454
the_matrix_walker

When asked if he's beeing followed, Peter introduces his best friend.

"This is Goliath, he's with me."

"There was a curious critter but I think he stopped toddling behind me."

"I am uninjured. I'm not with a group. Just snuck in to have a look around." Peter says, fully aware of the apsurdity of the statement.

((In all the runing around at the 'decantery' and dealing with Slick and the computer, did Peter ever get the name of the company/facility?))
Old 05-25-2023, 10:44 AM   #1455
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
((In all the runing around at the 'decantery' and dealing with Slick and the computer, did Peter ever get the name of the company/facility?))
Nope!

Quote:
"I am uninjured. I'm not with a group. Just snuck in to have a look around."
Tower Guy: "Get in here. Lets sort this out. How'd you sneak in? What's your name?"

Old 05-25-2023, 11:09 AM   #1456
the_matrix_walker

Peter obeys.

He flashes his disarming smile and says...

"I'm going to keep the secret of how I got in for now. You probably wouldn't believe it anyway. "

"I'm Peter. What's your name?"

Peter is doing his best to be charming and polite, despite not giving very informitive answers to the questions he's posed.
Old 05-26-2023, 08:07 AM   #1457
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Tower Guy:"I'm Leo. I'm going to get someone over here to help you."

One of the doors opens, and a woman in a drab green uniform comes out, looking for all the world like some sort of park ranger. She Looks Peter up and down and he can feel an internal sigh go through her, though she does her best not to show it.

"I'm Lisa Mendenhall. I'm with the forest safety team. Leo indicates you claim to be trespassing. Are you sure you want to stick with this claim?"

"I'm going to need your full name and a swab, please. Come inside."

Old 05-26-2023, 09:43 AM   #1458
the_matrix_walker

"Hi Leo!"

"Hi Lisa!"

"I'm Peter Nichols. I'd like to apologize for the headaches ahead of time, but you're not going to find a record of me, so don't be too surprised when you're scratching your heads and thinking 'this kid doesn't make any sense!' As for the trespassing, it was not intentional. I have this... condition. Kinda like sleepwalking. I wake up in weird places. I went to sleep in my bed last night and woke up on the mud, and not for the first time. Some nice campers lent me a cord and some hand towels and pointed me towards the gate. Got to see some dino's which was AWESOME, but Imma hafta come back, cause I didn't get to pet one."

"Respectfully, I do not consent to being swabbed, sampled or tested if that matters."

Presumably Peter will be told that it is NOT optional and he will submit.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 05-26-2023 at 11:34 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-30-2023, 11:29 AM   #1459
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:

"I'm Peter Nichols. I'd like to apologize for the headaches ahead of time, but you're not going to find a record of me, so don't be too surprised when you're scratching your heads and thinking 'this kid doesn't make any sense!' As for the trespassing, it was not intentional. I have this... condition. Kinda like sleepwalking. I wake up in weird places. I went to sleep in my bed last night and woke up on the mud, and not for the first time. Some nice campers lent me a cord and some hand towels and pointed me towards the gate. Got to see some dino's which was AWESOME, but Imma hafta come back, cause I didn't get to pet one."
Lisa sighs : "Lets see who the computer thinks you are."

Quote:
"Respectfully, I do not consent to being swabbed, sampled or tested if that matters."
Lisa: "You're either trespassing or giving bad identification, so no, it doesn't matter."

He's led inside to a long hall with doors on one side and windows on the other. Lisa takes him into a room lined with simple couches that look spartan but feel soft and relaxing. Lisa swabs him and sticks the swab into a small hole that appears in the wall, and then photographs him.

"you're going to play this all the way through... ok." She steps out of the room for a bit, and he hears the door lock behind her.

Five minutes later she comes back with a scowl: "What did you do to the ID system?"

Old 05-30-2023, 01:58 PM   #1460
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Lisa sighs : "Lets see who the computer thinks you are."
"Okay Lisa, but I'm not from here, so I'm not gonna be in there. Could I trouble you for some water for my good boy?"

Peter's voice shifts down an octave when he says 'good boy', and reaches his hands behind Goliath's ears as Goliath rears up to enjoy the good rub behind them he gets while Peter again says...

"My good boy?!?"

Quote:
Lisa: "You're either trespassing or giving bad identification, so no, it doesn't matter."
"Sorry about that, Lisa. My sleeping brain is just full of mischief sometimes."
Peter mulls over his vocabulary, and sub-vocalizes...
"Unwilling wanderlust? Slumbering Subconscious?"
Quote:
He's led inside to a long hall with doors on one side and windows on the other. Lisa takes him into a room lined with simple couches that look spartan but feel soft and relaxing. Lisa swabs him and sticks the swab into a small hole that appears in the wall, and then photographs him.
Peter summons the full power of his Honest Face and flashes his Disarming Smile for the photo. ((There MUST be some mistake!))
Quote:
"you're going to play this all the way through... ok." She steps out of the room for a bit, and he hears the door lock behind her.
Peter examines the contents of the room, and notes if it has apparent surveillance. He will peek in any unlocked drawers or cabinets.

Quote:
Five minutes later she comes back with a scowl: "What did you do to the ID system?"
"I didn't do anything to your system, I promise. I wouldn't know how. "

Peter drops his gaze and shakes his head.

"Ugh. I have so much math I have to get caught up on before I can start the computer science stuff."

Tags
lost in dreams