Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-13-2016, 07:20 PM   #1
Tallor

Default Who To Ask - Art Ideas

Hey there, I'm Tallor, and I'm pretty new to this site so please bear with me as I try to avoid getting myself in trouble for accidentally posting in the wrong forum or somesuch.

I'm frequently hit with inspiration for artwork but I often lack the talent (and time) to make such ideas come to fruition. I'm here to ask you all if there's a person or group of persons who are interested in receiving GURPS-related art ideas and illustrating them.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Tallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:26 PM   #2
starslayer

Default Re: Who To Ask - Art Ideas

There are pretty much always far more people who would like something drawn then there are artists available to draw them.

I don't think the SJgames forums or the GURPS community are a special exception to this.

My suggestion would be to hit up art specific sites like deviant art, or similar. Find an artist who has a style that jives with you and then patronize them (IE pay them) to produce some quick sketches of your ideas.
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 02:57 AM   #3
Tallor

Quote:
Originally Posted by starslayer View Post
There are pretty much always far more people who would like something drawn then there are artists available to draw them.

I don't think the SJgames forums or the GURPS community are a special exception to this.

My suggestion would be to hit up art specific sites like deviant art, or similar. Find an artist who has a style that jives with you and then patronize them (IE pay them) to produce some quick sketches of your ideas.
Thanks! :D
Tallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 03:30 AM   #4
Warlockco

As starslayer said, Deviantart or artstation are 2 places to start looking
Warlockco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:03 AM   #5
Sam Baughn

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and some other bits.

As luck would have it, I'm trying to re-learn my illustration skills and I've just got a shiny new drawing tablet to play with but I often struggle to come up with ideas of things to draw.

I can't guarantee that we will be a match, but it's worth a shot. PM me some descriptions of stuff you would like me to try and I'll see if I can make something from them. I am a bit rusty because I haven't drawn anything for a while and I was never exactly a master, so don't set your hopes too high.
Sam Baughn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art, art ideas, newbie