Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
NightHawk

Default Cybernetics ?? with psionics?? or any Ideas on either or / both is welcome

Now that Pyramid #3/51: Tech and Toys III is out I have started going nuts designing a cybernetics with psionics campaign. I loved shadow run but thought it would be an interesting twist.

What I am looking for:

1. references to any cybernetic information in other books. I have the few that are given in the new issue of pyramid but was wondering if i have overlooked others from the other books / pyramid articles and I know you seasoned pro's out there probably have stacks of them... lol and I have never delved into cybernetics before but do own the 3e books!

2. Ideas if anyone has any ideas this would be a good place to share them as I have never used psionics from gurps before but do have the books..

So any help you can offer I am all ears.

Rules are like guidlines and are viewed differently depending on which side you are standing on!
NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: Cybernetics ?? with psionics?? or any Ideas on either or / both is welcome

Um, Psi-Tech, Bio-Tech? Also, the System Shock II computer game had cybernetic psionics.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
NightHawk

Default Re: Cybernetics ?? with psionics?? or any Ideas on either or / both is welcome

Oh Psi-Tech there is a book i think i am missing... I will check that out... any idea page numbers that might be useful?

Rules are like guidlines and are viewed differently depending on which side you are standing on!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
NightHawk

What information is in bio-tech in way of cybrnetics? Is it worth buying the the book just for that info?

Old 01-31-2013, 11:04 PM   #5
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk View Post
What information is in bio-tech in way of cybrnetics? Is it worth buying the the book just for that info?
I found half a single page on psi drugs in Bio Tech. Cybernetics is of course discussed in Ultra Tech.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:48 PM   #6
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
I found half a single page on psi drugs in Bio Tech. Cybernetics is of course discussed in Ultra Tech.
Yeah, to make things clear: Ultra-Tech has a moderate share of cybermods (and the Bush Robot), while Bio-Tech has a large share of biomods, genemods, bioroids, drugs and other stuff. Neither has much in the way of new traits; instead, they show how to use existing traits to represent various mods (among other things).

Bio-Tech is a wonderful book for its own merits, but if you want only the mods that might be of use to Psi, you'll be disappointed, as there are few. But if you have/want Bio-Tech anyway, you'll find some use for it in a psi campaign, and definitely in cyberpunk.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
NightHawk

Thanks guys i will get the ultra-tech first and then maybe next month the bio-tech.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #8
GodBeastX

Ultratech is a must if you're looking to recreate Shadowrun at all. There's also a pyramid on netrunning and cyberspace which we're using and loving (It's cyberpunk issue).
GodBeastX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #9
NightHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodBeastX View Post
Ultratech is a must if you're looking to recreate Shadowrun at all. There's also a pyramid on netrunning and cyberspace which we're using and loving (It's cyberpunk issue).
Reallly which issue is that? You have my interest now... those ones are cheap to buy lol....