Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game > DFRPG Resources

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2021, 04:41 PM   #11
benz72
 
benz72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chagrin Falls
Default Re: DFRPG Game Aids: Computer Programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
Here's the new Dungeon Fantasy RPG.gdf file.
I may be messing something up on the load, but it appears the Bardic Talent is not adding to Musical Instrument, Composition, or Singing; at least not in the same way as other Advantages (Includes +X from Y).

Eidt: Ref DFRPG/Adventurers/17
__________________
Benundefined
Life has a funny way of making sure you decide to leave the party just a few minutes too late to avoid trouble.
benz72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 11:33 AM   #12
Armin
GCA Prime
 
Armin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Default Re: DFRPG Game Aids: Computer Programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz72 View Post
I may be messing something up on the load, but it appears the Bardic Talent is not adding to Musical Instrument, Composition, or Singing; at least not in the same way as other Advantages (Includes +X from Y).

Eidt: Ref DFRPG/Adventurers/17
Are you loading any files other than Dungeon Fantasy RPG?

I just created a character with only that file loaded, added all three skills, then Bardic Talent, and I'm clearly seeing all three receive the bonus.
__________________
Armin D. Sykes | My GCA page
I am working on the new GCA as fast as my life allows. I post updates here.
Armin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 03:07 PM   #13
benz72
 
benz72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chagrin Falls
Default Re: DFRPG Game Aids: Computer Programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
Are you loading any files other than Dungeon Fantasy RPG?

I just created a character with only that file loaded, added all three skills, then Bardic Talent, and I'm clearly seeing all three receive the bonus.
Seems to work now when I start a new PC, Not sure why it didn't when I loaded the new data set.
Thank You
__________________
Benundefined
Life has a funny way of making sure you decide to leave the party just a few minutes too late to avoid trouble.
benz72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 11:34 AM   #14
Armin
GCA Prime
 
Armin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Default Re: DFRPG Game Aids: Computer Programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz72 View Post
Seems to work now when I start a new PC, Not sure why it didn't when I loaded the new data set.
Thank You
If you have an existing character, remember that you have to Resynchronize to update the existing traits on that character to the new data.
__________________
Armin D. Sykes | My GCA page
I am working on the new GCA as fast as my life allows. I post updates here.
Armin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 07:41 PM   #15
benz72
 
benz72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chagrin Falls
Default Re: DFRPG Game Aids: Computer Programs

Just as a curiosity, is there a way to build new bardsong abilities inside the file? I used powers before, but didnít see a way to do that here.
Thank you.
__________________
Benundefined
Life has a funny way of making sure you decide to leave the party just a few minutes too late to avoid trouble.
benz72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 12:04 PM   #16
Armin
GCA Prime
 
Armin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Default Re: DFRPG Game Aids: Computer Programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz72 View Post
Just as a curiosity, is there a way to build new bardsong abilities inside the file? I used powers before, but didn’t see a way to do that here.
Thank you.
There's no builder as such, no, so it would require all manual editing.

ETA: I've added a note to look at adding a builder for the file. If I get to it, it will likely only happen in the GCA5 version.
__________________
Armin D. Sykes | My GCA page
I am working on the new GCA as fast as my life allows. I post updates here.

Last edited by Armin; 07-12-2021 at 12:08 PM.
Armin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 05:41 AM   #17
benz72
 
benz72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chagrin Falls
Default Re: DFRPG Game Aids: Computer Programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
There's no builder as such, no, so it would require all manual editing.

ETA: I've added a note to look at adding a builder for the file. If I get to it, it will likely only happen in the GCA5 version.
Much appreciated. Thank you.
__________________
Benundefined
Life has a funny way of making sure you decide to leave the party just a few minutes too late to avoid trouble.
benz72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.